An Old School Catholic Message Board

Democracy Is A Tool Of Satan

Resurrexi

Do you hate democracy?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think democracy is inherently evil and neither do I think it is instrinsically a tool of Satan. I think democracy only works when the majority of people have a decent idea of what is [i]truly good [/i]for themselves and society. Sadly, I do not hold the view that the majority of Americans know what is good for themselves or anyone else. Therefore we elect idiots who synthesize weak immoral laws and erroneously interpret the constitution to perverse ends. Democracy fails when the populace fails to vote for what is best for society.

Edited by Veridicus

Galloglasses

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1585967' date='Jun 28 2008, 10:24 PM']I don't think democracy is inherently evil and neither do I think it is instrinsically a tool of Satan. I think democracy only works when the majority of people have a decent idea of what is [i]truly good [/i]for themselves and society. Sadly, I do not hold the view that the majority of Americans know what is good for themselves or anyone else. Therefore we elect idiots who synthesize weak immoral laws and erroneously interpret the constitution to perverse ends. Democracy fails when the populace fails to vote for what is best for society.[/quote]
That and a person, if he or she goes by their nature, will always want life to be easier for themselves, alot of the time to the detriment of morality.

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1586159' date='Jun 29 2008, 07:48 AM']That and a person, if he or she goes by their nature, will always want life to be easier for themselves, alot of the time to the detriment of morality.[/quote]

Exaclty! There is also the prevalence of mutual moral exclusion. Voting what you don't believe in because you want others to experience the 'freedom' of what your vote offers despite the negative moral implications according to your own supposed moral code. I think this is what underlies the basis for why so many Catholic politicians sway to the 'people' in their support of 'choice.' We don't vote for what we believe, we vote for what we believe the 'people' believe...which completely undermines the entire purpose of having a personal vote. It's the terrible scandal inherent to US democracy.

Edited by Veridicus

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1585967' date='Jun 28 2008, 10:24 PM']I don't think democracy is inherently evil and neither do I think it is instrinsically a tool of Satan. I think democracy only works when the majority of people have a decent idea of what is [i]truly good [/i]for themselves and society. Sadly, I do not hold the view that the majority of Americans know what is good for themselves or anyone else. Therefore we elect idiots who synthesize weak immoral laws and erroneously interpret the constitution to perverse ends. Democracy fails when the populace fails to vote for what is best for society.[/quote]

I can totally agree with this. This is what is ailing America now...before we had a clear idea what it meant to be American, what it meant to be moral, what our vision for America was...this was in our grandparents day and those days are pretty much long gone. Now what we have is Americans who lack pride in America (that's the first thing), see nothing special in being American (that's the second thing), and lack a vision for a America as a nation (that's the final thing). Instead, we have become a mess of political ideology that serves the whims of a few, and instead of a vision for America it's "a vision for myself--what I want--every man for himself". America is broken, both in terms of national identity, national pride, and a common view of morals and vision.

Sad really. What a great country this is and what a light it was for so many people for so many years.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1585091' date='Jun 27 2008, 04:46 PM']So you lash out at me for a mistake in wording?[/quote]

I don't think you would have seen it as a mistake in wording if I hadn't taken issue with it. Nevertheless, let's move on. I'm sorry I yelled at you...or rather made you feel yelled at.