An Old School Catholic Message Board

Democracy Is A Tool Of Satan

Resurrexi

Do you hate democracy?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='rkwright' post='1583756' date='Jun 26 2008, 11:04 AM']Just wondering... was your trip outside the US?[/quote]

Yes, I went to Japan and South Korea. And both have democratic governments!

catholicinsd

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1079418' date='Sep 29 2006, 04:11 PM']I hate Democracy and I think it's a tool of Satan.[/quote]

Well, you could go to places where there is now democracy, however the Commies or the Shariaists would probably kill you.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1079418' date='Sep 29 2006, 05:11 PM']I hate Democracy and I think it's a tool of Satan. Does anyone else here feel the same way?[/quote]

Most of us enjoy the freedoms of our republic (even though it has been corrupted). If you don't like democracy you should just leave, and find a nation more suitable to your medieval religious beliefs.

only 24% of this country is Catholic, and only a fraction of that 24% would ever support a monarchy.... no point in trying to change that.

Galloglasses

How many of the new arrivals in this thread have read the whole topic?

Edited by Galloglasses

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1584312' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:15 PM']How many of the new arrivals in this thread have read the whole topic?[/quote]
I. That's how I came to my conclusion.

Galloglasses

Lmao, I don't think is explaining his point clearly. Democracy can easily be used as a tool of Satan, by the simple fact that it automatically involves plethora of third parties and the universal fact that most humans always wants whats easy and not whats best. Democracy, this way, can be used as a tool of Satan to derogadate society by manipulating the hearts of men. Its harder for God to use it as Democracies, very often, tend to veer towards secularisation.

Vincent Vega

While all of that is true, that's not what he said. He said:
"Democracy is a tool of Satan."
He also made a claim that monarchies were best because God could choose who He wanted in place. There's so much wrong with that statement, I wouldn't know where to begin. (God can do pretty much whatever he wants, regardless of who's in office; not every monarchy/monarch are theocentric; there have been, whether he believes it or not, monarchies that are evil (I guess he's never read the book of Kings?))

Galloglasses

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1584341' date='Jun 26 2008, 08:35 PM']While all of that is true, that's not what he said. He said:
"Democracy is a tool of Satan."
He also made a claim that monarchies were best because God could choose who He wanted in place. There's so much wrong with that statement, I wouldn't know where to begin. (God can do pretty much whatever he wants, regardless of who's in office; not every monarchy/monarch are theocentric; there have been, whether he believes it or not, monarchies that are evil (I guess he's never read the book of Kings?))[/quote]

The Pope counts as a monarch, don't we believe God chooses who the Pope is?

And yes they're have been evil Monarchies. Roman Emperors are a good example. Tzar Ivan the Terrible. Queen Elizabeth, (trust me, she was hateful) He probably prefers monarchies because, by comparison, the past 2000 years that we've had monarchies, in each century, there was nowhere near equivilent evil, destruction, torture and bloodshed as there have been in the 20th Century, the most democratic of the lot. (Ultimate Irony, Hitler came to power by playing the political game in Democratic Weimar Germany) And the most secular. This is why he's come to the conclusion that democracy is a tool of Satan, because an increasingly democratic world is becoming and increasingly perverse and secular world. His logic is not all that flawed.

I myself fancy the Idea of monarchies, and i'm an Irish Republican for goodness sake! I know better then to think Democracy is the best political system ever created. I also know that no political system is perfect. But the attraction in monarchies is their strength. In any country where there is a monarch, [b]who has political power[/b], secularisation and perversion is greatly reduced.

Well lets take two cases, non-Christian Countries. Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabi is an example of a bad monarchy, which is corrupt. Yet there is next to no moral decay or social unrest, (outside of the usual Jihadist movements sweeping the Middle East, but those aren't happening because of the monarchy)
Turkey is an example of a good democracy. It is officially secular, there is quite alot of social unrest and plethora of other problems, an increasing downplay of the importance of Religion in the public Sector.

Which is worse off?

Edited by Galloglasses

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1584834' date='Jun 27 2008, 11:54 AM']Saudi Arabi is an example of a bad monarchy, which is corrupt. Yet there is next to no moral decay or social unrest, ([/quote]

NO MORAL DECAY?? They allow stoning, wife-beating, men can divorce their wives without going to court...oh, you know what. Nevermind. If you don't know what Sharia Law is all about I'm not going to waste my time explaining it. THIS IS HOW THEY LIVE and you call this "no moral decay".

Unbelievable.

Galloglasses

To us? Yes that moral decay. Incredibly bad moral decay.

But not to Islam.

So what would a bad Catholic Monarchy be like?

And for goodness sake. Don't be so bloody angry all the time. You lash out a pretty much everyone who either disagrees with you, or who's post you have not interpreted correctly. Why the hell are you so angry that you can be relatively complacent with a poster one minute, then lash out at them the next?

Edited by Galloglasses

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1583969' date='Jun 26 2008, 02:20 PM']Yes, I went to Japan and South Korea. And both have democratic governments![/quote]

heh heh I was trying to be sneaky, but you caught me! :ninja:

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1584935' date='Jun 27 2008, 01:42 PM']To us? Yes that moral decay. Incredibly bad moral decay.

But not to Islam.

So what would a bad Catholic Monarchy be like?
And for goodness sake. Don't be so bloody angry all the time. You lash out a pretty much everyone who either disagrees with you, or who's post you have not interpreted correctly. Why the hell are you so angry that you can be relatively complacent with a poster one minute, then lash out at them the next?[/quote]

Because comments like "Saudi Arabia has no moral decay" just infuriates me. That's why. It's one of the most cruel and oppressive regimes in the world. I call that moral decay.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1584926' date='Jun 27 2008, 02:35 PM']They allow stoning, wife-beating, men can divorce their wives without going to court.[/quote]

Not that I disagree with you on the fact that Saudi Arabia is a very sad and scary place, but everything you just mentioned was allowed in the old testament days, in addition to child beating, which is also allowed in SA. So it is probably not the fact that they have morally decayed, so much as they have always (mus)used their holy books and culture of the old as a way of excusing their actions. I would call it corrupt, but not necessarily morally decayed.

Just a different way of looking at it.