An Old School Catholic Message Board

Democracy Is A Tool Of Satan

Resurrexi

Do you hate democracy?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Democracy is about voting. Is voting a sin? From the catholic's Catechism (which, of course, is open to any sort of interpretation you can imagine)

2240 Submission to authority and co-responsibility for the common good make it morally obligatory to pay taxes, to exercise the right to vote, and to defend one's country:

Pay to all of them their dues, taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.45

And from Wikpedia, a definition of democracy:
Democracy (literally "rule by the people", from the Greek demos, "people," and kratos, "rule") is a form of government for a nation state, or for an organization in which all the citizens have a vote or voice in shaping policy.

It makes me wonder. Is the catholic denomination so screwed up that catholics believe democracy is from the devil, or is it that American haters are able to use the ambiguity of the catholic denomination to spread their hate? I really don't know.

Edited by Anomaly

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1079443' date='Sep 29 2006, 05:27 PM']
Hate is a tool of Satan...

Oh and ha! Your Voting Poll is a form of Democracy, watch out!
[/quote]

beautiful

Actually it's not a form of democracy... the affect of this poll will in no way affect the government of any state.

The Book "Theopolitical Imagination" By Dr. Cavenaugh(UST-MN) really changed my thoughts about Theocrisy and the pseudo religion of the modern political system.

Guest Rick777

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1080614' date='Oct 1 2006, 05:40 AM']
That is just goofy. You pick which popes you want to listen too, throw out common sense, claim your denomination is infallible (it's spelt with two i's, one a), and arrive at some new pickle-a-mamie and outrageous opinion.
[/quote]

I think you need to be Phishy'd. :ninja:

[quote name='Rick777' post='1081367' date='Oct 1 2006, 10:15 PM']
I think you need to be Phishy'd. :ninja:
[/quote]
Why? Did I represent myself as Catholic? Did I misrepresent tom's post?

he doesn't represent himself as Catholic, therefore no phishy
he doesn't maliciously refuse to dialogue, therefore no non-catholic

• 1 year later...

I think the reason why Church officials supported the monarchs was because they supported the Catholic Church. Other than that monarchy was a horrible system for the people that lived under them.

goldenchild17

old thread. I still support a Catholic monarchy as the best system, but a Catholic democracy can work.

You know what's [i]really[/i] of Satan? Tighty-whities. Boxers are of Jesus. If you wear boxers, that means you fought most valiantly against Lucifer back when you were an angel in Heaven. Tighty-whities means you fought on Satan's side, and boxer-briefs are some sort of middle ground. When the anti-Christ comes he will be a nasty old dude that wears thongs on the beach.

Galloglasses

Woah, wait, what I miss here?

I dislike Democracy because I see several flaws in it that I don't see in a Theocracy or Monarchy, (several major flaws that my year in Political Science class has only convinced me of, Ironic that school would inspire a radical political leaning in me that is not towards the left), but I don't think it is a tool of Satan. It is a tool and Satan CAN use it, but like other tools God can use it too. (Papal Elections are one example)

For the record I do dislike Democracy, and my dislike borders on hatred of it, but I don't think it is fundamentally evil. (And before anyone takes the Monarchy V Democracy arguement any further, i'm a Nationalist first and foremost, ergo, the Intrests of my Nation come first and foremost second to that of my Religion. So don't take this oppurtunity to snipe me here, there's two other Threads about this topic.)

I also agree with Justin, Boxers are the most heavenly invention ever. EVER. I hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) breifs.

And With Golden Child, a Catholic Democracy can work, but democracies are far too easy to secularise.

Edited by Galloglasses

mommas_boy

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1079418' date='Sep 29 2006, 04:11 PM']I hate (don't hate, appreciate) Democracy and I think it's a tool of Satan. Does anyone else here feel the same way?[/quote]

To quote Winston Churchill: "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."

Get used to it, or come up with something better.

Galloglasses

Don't, or he actually might.

Then we'd have another bout of revolutions. They're always fun.

Edited by Galloglasses