An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Results Of Budge's Evangelistic Efforts

thessalonian

[quote]
On this I totally agree

You're all wet[/quote]

Do you even know the Noah story?

but then so many here get things backwards...

[quote], but on these boards anti-catholics like you generally are wasting their time. It's just plain fact[/quote]

Translation ANTICATHOLIC--->BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN.

Am I wasting my time?

This isnt exactly fertile soil around here.

[quote]Translation ANTICATHOLIC--->BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN.[/quote]

I would prefer you didn't put words in my mouth. I am a Bible Believing Christian and there are countless others on this board. No, AntiCatholic is a Bible distorting Christian.

[quote]This isnt exactly fertile soil around here.[/quote]

Excuses excuses. Couldn't possibly be your methods and message now could it. :idontknow:

Edited by thessalonian

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Bible Believing Chritsian? You are calling me Anti-Catholic? :blink:

I do believe the believe the Bible and as the Bible says.. Man does not live on bread alone but by [size=5] every word [/size] that come from the mouth of God.

I believe EVERY WORD that God has revealed whether written down or not. The bible shows tells us that if we were to write down EVERYTHING that jesus said and did it would fill more volumes than the world could fit, the Apostles tell us that they would teach thing they did not write in there letters. I believe the bible, the bible is the infallible words of God recorded by infallible men under the guidance of the Holy spirit. I also follow what those same men and their successors taught.

[quote][b]I do believe the believe the Bible and as the Bible says[/b].. Man does not live on bread alone but by every word that come from the mouth of God.[/quote]

Oh Really?

"Call no {religious man} father..."

"do not make...."

"do not bow down to...."

The Boomerang Bible everything comes back different.

[quote name='Budge' post='1079174' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:11 PM']
Do you even know the Noah story?

but then so many here get things backwards...
Translation ANTICATHOLIC--->BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN.

Am I wasting my time?

This isnt exactly fertile soil around here.
[/quote]

Please show me scripturally how Noah was able to evade raindrops for 40 days and stay dry.

Any bible believing Christian should be able to to do that!!

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1079174' date='Sep 29 2006, 12:11 PM']
Translation ANTICATHOLIC--->BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN.[/quote]

Whose bible? Which translation? Literal? So the sun *really* stopped in the sky?

You've been slam-dunked on this point many times before. "Bible-believing Christian" is a handy shorthand for a particular flavor of evangelical Christian but it's hardly an irrefutable apologetic.

[quote name='Budge' post='1079194' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:24 PM']
Oh Really?
"Call no {religious man} father..."[/quote]

Hadn't notices that it says "religious man" in the Bible. Isn't there something in proverbs about not adding to the words Budge. Guess you forgot about that. So do you think Paul sinned when he called hiself a father to the Corinthians?

[quote]"do not make...."

"do not bow down to...."[/quote]

Hmmmm. Let's see. AFTER this command the Jews made cheribum and a bronze serpant. The Ark of the Covenant is even a graven image. Perhaps even that loaf of wonder bread you guys use at the Lord's Supper is a graven image. It's clear that the image is not to be your god but throw out context. That allows Budge to be on the attack. Budge my bet is you would have been aghast at the Jews bowing before the Ark of the Covenant in Josh 7. But God granted them victory the next day.

Edited by thessalonian

Over 100 views of this thread already and not one testimony for Budge's great spirit guided evangelism on phatmass. I thought by now there would be one. Common folks.

Okay let's ease up a bit. Someone post that budge has softened them up to being a Born Again Christian like her. Anyone. :ohno:

Edited by thessalonian

[quote name='Budge' post='1079144' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:50 PM']
I am like Zachariah and Noah....
[/quote]

But I am in love with Jesus Christ

Peace, my sister

[quote name='Budge' post='1079104' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:02 PM']
I know I am posting to rocky soil here mostly.

for any seeds that do sprout, it may 10 years in the happening.

Speaking of evangelization efforts, when is the last time you passed out a tract or preached you must be born again in Jesus Christ?
[/quote]

I don't need to do that. I try to live my faith through both words and deeds and my friends have expressed an interest in wanting to learn MORE about Jesus. A friend even told me that my actions helped her have a better connection with Jesus. People respond to love and the grace of God, not someone yelling at them.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Budge' post='1079194' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:24 PM']
Oh Really?
"Call no {religious man} father..."

"do not make...."

"do not bow down to...."

The Boomerang Bible everything comes back different.
[/quote]
budge the "religious man" is your own addition to the text. Call no man Father, OR Rabbi, OR Teacher. The meaning of this verse is to not lift people's own teaching above those of God, and his inspired message.

Do not make graven images of ANYTHING on heaven or on Earth. Pictures, Television, Billboards, monuments, paintings, and statues are ALL bad according to your interpretaion, but I see you posting pictures on here trying to show how evil the Church is, which is you can't play both sides.

Do not bow down to IT (IT meaning don't bow down to the STATUE, when I bow down it is ALWAYS in worship of God.) Do not bown down and serve THEM (Them meaning the statues, I do not serve a statue I serve God, I worship God, if a statue reminds me of God then the statue is not the problem.)

Yes when you read the bible you do make everything different. Budge, your Catholic bible must be special, because apparently your bible has two sets of rules the one's budge has o follow, and the ones for Anti-Catholics

[quote]

Do not make graven images of ANYTHING on heaven or on Earth. Pictures, Television, Billboards, monuments, paintings, and statues are ALL bad according to your interpretaion, but I see you posting pictures on here trying to show how evil the Church is, which is you can't play both sides.[/quote]

That has to do with worship as well.