An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Budge's New Icon Pagan? Compare Pics!

jswranch

[quote name='Budge' post='1081076' date='Oct 1 2006, 05:56 PM']
[img]http://www.religion-cults.com/pope/pope-african26.jpg[/img]

PAGAN, ITS ALL GOOD IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH...

:topsy:
[/quote]
So anyone or anything African is automatically pagan?

Oh, yeah, that's right - African furry hats are all tools of the Evil One! :rolleyes:

(I guess the Pope needs to avoid being with those African folk with their dark pagan skin and funny pagan clothes, and only hang out with white people in nice suits and lots of hairspray like a good Christian!)

Edited by Socrates

Some interesting articles on the incident.

Jimmy Akin: [url="http://www.jimmyakin.org/2006/04/jp2_and_the_qur.html"]JP2 & the Quran[/url]

[url="http://web.archive.org/web/20030604152818/http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ394.HTM"]Dialogue: Should the Pope Kiss the Koran?[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

The Budge's icon I know is of the ten commandments being crossed out to make nine. I guess that symbolizes the protestent's throwing out the 9th commandment. (Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Wife.)

[quote name='RC_' post='1089734' date='Oct 12 2006, 02:04 AM']
The Budge's icon I know is of the ten commandments being crossed out to make nine. I guess that symbolizes the protestent's throwing out the 9th commandment. (Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Wife.)
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Was it not the Protestant tossing out of the Covet the neighbor's wife that lead to the opression of women so harsh in the 17th-20th centuries?

HeavenlyCalling
:D: :P: To adress the picture of the Holy Father ( the one in Africa): I beleive (I could be wrong) the Church in Africa gave him these garments (and the devil hat, lol) as a sign of respect, I dont know too much about them, but maybe the clothes have some sort of significance. However, I also noticed that JP2 had a bit of a thing for hats, in several pics I have seen him wear a cowboy hat, and several other native head gear-thingies, I will try to post pics if I can find them

JPII and Africans....

I think it is real. So what? My priest has done mission trips to the Massaih (sp) people before. Those folks are Catholic. They still wear the traditional garb.

I suppose one of the differences between Cat and Prots is that after convesrion, Prots are urged to dress more western and Cats are urged to stay just as they are culturally as possible.

Edited by jswranch

that smells of elderberries if she is banned for life, or has decided not to come back. Oh well. I guess the debate board will be back to its normal politics debating.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1079249' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:48 PM']
I don't understand why Budge get's to use symbols but she bashes the church for using symbols. Seriously, I reeeaallly don't get Budge sometimes. I'm not just saying that.
[/quote]
I have never understood her. What is her point behind her post? I keep getting the impression that she is trying to get us to view the church as a lie or something. If thats the case then someone should tell her that she is preachin to the wrong croud because none of us are going to be tricked like she was.

She claims that God led here from the Church, but then she claims she was an atheist, and a UU for a while. So she claims that God WANTED HER TO BE AN ATHEIST!!!! Seems kinda fishy to me. Who in the universe would benifit from a human's disbelief in God?

Could it be [church lady voice]SATAN[/church lady voice]?