An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quick Update

goldenchild17

Well let's just say I'm starting to get a new perspective on how hard it is to run a website. I'm trying to get one started and I have a little (mind you very little as my site in no way compares or ever will most likely) idea of what dUST has to deal with. So I respect his decisions even though I don't think it's necessarily the most fair one. Not to mention that I am completely aware of the bad rap that "rad-trads" get for being overzealous and at times downright rude. I can only do my little bit to help restore our decency :).

Edited by goldenchild17

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Than why did you post here if you knew it should have gone somewhere else and we basically can't debate this with you?

I think it would be helpful if this thread were closed, then.

I know I sound severe but before I entered the monastery I grew up basically "traditional" and knew many people who hold your position and what the CMRI teaches and holds and it's false. Once you get into this, the line is crossed and it's basically no different than Archbishop Milingo and those who are on the other side of the spectrum doctrinally.

So, could we please close this thread? Thank you.

PS I don't think trads are rude and nutty, by the way. :)

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1080120' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:51 AM']
Than why did you post here if you knew it should have gone somewhere else and we basically can't debate this with you?

I think it would be helpful if this thread were closed, then. [/quote]

Because this thread wasn't about my theological position. I simply asked for prayers for my vocation. Which is completely applicable to this forum. The theological aspect was an afterthought I had that I would ask for prayers for that too. If I thought that people were going to be all over that instead of the vocation part of it (which is what they should've been focusing on in this forum) then I would've put it somewhere else.

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1080120' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:51 AM']I know I sound severe but before I entered the monastery I grew up basically "traditional" and knew many people who hold your position and what the CMRI teaches and holds and it's false. Once you get into this, the line is crossed and it's basically no different than Archbishop Milingo and those who are on the other side of the spectrum doctrinally. [/quote]

Let me use basically the same words ;). I know I may sound severe but before I became traditional I grew up for the last 19 years in the Novus Ordo. Almost all my friends and most people I know hold this position and I know very much how the position is defended, and I also believe it to be false. Once you associate yourself with Novus Ordo it's basically no different that associating yourself with the uber-wacky NO bishops such as cardinal Roger Mahoney and those who are on the extreme liberal side of the spectrum doctrinally.

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1080120' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:51 AM']So, could we please close this thread? Thank you.[/quote]

If you guys keep going off topic despite my requests not to, then this would be a good idea. I don't see why you all are obsessively pushing this despite knowing I can't respond. Maybe that IS why, because you know you have nothing to fear because I can't respond...

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1080120' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:51 AM']PS I don't think trads are rude and nutty, by the way. :)
[/quote]

Well that makes one of you :).

+

Golden Child,

I'm sorry this has turned away from prayer. I think some were just very concerned. Now that we all know where you are at, let's please stay focused on the prayer (as many have done).

Anyone who wishes to discuss anything should e-mail GoldenChild about it after first seeking his permission to dialogue or go to transmundane or interreligious if permissible.

The rest of us, here is a man, who has asked for our prayers --so let's pray that God's will be done in his life!

:)

Edited by Veritas

goldenchild17

haha thanks a lot. Umm yeah, email would be best if you want to know more, otherwise you'll need to ask dUST before asking me about it on the forum because up till now he doesn't wish to permit it. We should respect his wishes.