An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quick Update

goldenchild17

Yeah this isn't to be a long drawn out thing. Just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm now discerning between marriage and becoming a teaching brother/monk for the Religious Congregation of Mary Immaculate Queen. So just wanted to ask for prayers for that, and for the doctrinal issues that I'm having as well, thank you. :cool:

Edited by goldenchild17

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1078902' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:23 AM']
Yeah this isn't to be a long drawn out thing. Just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm now discerning between marriage and becoming a teaching brother/monk for the Religious Congregation of Mary Immaculate Queen. So just wanted to ask for prayers for that, and for the doctrinal issues that I'm having as well, thank you. :cool:
[/quote]

But I thought that congregation was not in communion with Rome.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1078902' date='Sep 29 2006, 04:23 AM']
[/quote]

The CMRI are not in communion in Rome nor do they believe that any pope since Pius XII is a validly elected pope.
If you enter there the salvation of your soul is at great risk. There are many good religious orders in the Church without having to go there.
My prayers for you!
Sr. Mary Catharine

Remember Goldenchild we can decide we must understand, before we choose to believe, but we can also trust God and believe before we are granted the understanding.
May God grant you boundless faith.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1078902' date='Sep 29 2006, 04:23 AM']
[/quote]

Please consider looking and doing some go-see type visits with some of the following. As a convert I can promise you that what everyone else is searching for, can be found right here within our Church. Whether it be in Latin, English, facing the altar, away from it, nothing changes our faith....Our Lord is really and truly present in Eucharist and in the end, is there anything else that we should want or need?

Fathers of Mercy
Dominicans [Sister Mary-Catharine, don't they teach too? ]

As far as monk/brothers
Benedictines of Clear Creek
CFR [they teach by their very lives!]

Who else knows of good solid Orders that will help this young man in his goal?

To think that a year ago I was accepted and almost went to their minor seminary. Now I am convinced I have found the fullness of the Truth- Jesus Christ and His mystical Body, the Church.

CMRI does not have monks. They have brothers and priests. There are many traditional orders and communities to choose from- that aren't sedevacantist or schismatic. Please consider them and pray hard. One day you'll realize- as I did- the problems with sedevacantism and schism.

The sedevacantist position is condemned by dogmatic Councils and statements, as well as common sense.

Be careful. Be holy.

Male Priestly Societies & Religious Orders using Traditional Missals

Apostolic Adminstration of St. John Mary Vianney
Miranda Pinto, 26
Parque Leopoldina
CEP: 28.051-245
Campos-RJ
BRAZIL
Tel.: + 55 22 2732 2198
Fax: +55 22 2732 6851
E-mail: domfernando@
catolicosempre.org.br

Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter
Domus S. Petri Canisius
1700 Fribourg
SWITZERLAND
Tel: +41-26-4880037
Fax: +41-26-4880038
E-mail: secretariat@fssp.org
www.fssp.org

Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest
Seminary of St. Philip Neri
Via di Gricigliano, 52
50069 Sieci
ITALY
Tel.: +39-055 830 96 22
Fax: +39 055 836 30 67
E-mail: secretariat-mgr@icrsp.org
www.icrsp.com

Fraternity of St. Vincent Ferrer
Couvent Saint Thomas d'Aquin
53340 Chemere-le-Roi
FRANCE
Tel.: +33 2 43 98 64; 25
Fax: +33 2 43 98 49 19
E-mail: fsvf@chemere.org
www.chemere.org

Institute of St. Philip Neri
Graunstr. 31
D-13355 Berlin
GERMANY.
Tel.: +49 30 20606680
E-mail: info@institut-philipp-neri.de
www.institut-philipp-neri.de

Benedictines - Clear Creek
Monastery of Our Lady of the Annunciation of Clear Creek,
5804 West Monastery Road,
Hulbert, OK 74441
UNITED STATES.
Tel.: +1 918 772-2454
Fax: + 1 918 772-1044
www.clearcreekmonks.org

Benedictines - Fontgombault
Abbaye Notre-Dame de Fontgombault,
36220 Fontgombault
FRANCE
Tel: +33 254 37 12 03
Fax: +33 254 371 256

Benedictines - Gaussan
Monastere Notre-Dame de Gaussan
11200 Lezignan Corbieres
FRANCE.
Tel: +33 4 68 45 19 92
Fax: +33 4 68 45 19 93

Benedictines - Le Barroux
Abbaye Sainte-Madeleine
84330 Le Barroux
FRANCE
Tel: +33 490 62 56 31
Fax: +33 490 625 605
E-mail: asm.bar@free.fr
www.barroux.org

Benedictines - Randol
Abbaye Notre-Dame de Randol
63450 Cournols
FRANCE
Tel.: +33 4 73 39 31 00
Fax: +33 4 4 73 39 05 28
www.randol.org

Benedictines - St. Pierre de Clairac
Monastere Sainte-Marie de la Garde,
47270 Saint Pierre de Clairac.
FRANCE
Tel.: + 33 5 53 47 73 89

Benedictines - Triors
Abbaye Notre-Dame de Triors
B.P. 1
26750 Chatillon Saint Jeans
FRANCE
Tel.: +33 4 75 71 43 39
Fax: +33 4 75 45 38 14

Religious Institute of the Holy Cross of Riaumont
BP 28
62801 Lievin Cedex
FRANCE
Tel.: +33 3 21 28 32 09
Fax: + 33 3 21 70 72 47
E-mail:sainte-croix@riaumont.net
www.riaumont.net

Canons Regular of the Mother of God
Abbaye Sainte-Marie
6, Rive Gauche
11220 Lagrasse
FRANCE
Tel. +33 4 68 58 11 58
Fax: +33 4 68 58 11 52
E-mail: chanoines@chanoines-lagrasse.com
chanoines-lagrasse.com

Canons Regular of the New Jerusalem
1635 Kehrs Mill Road,
Chesterfield, MO 63005-4310
UNITED STATES
Tel: +1 636 536-4082
E-mail: information@canonsregular.com
www.canonsregular.com

Monks of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel
35 Road AFW
Powell, WY 82435
UNITED STATES
Tel.: +1 307 645-3310
www.carmelitemonks.org

(Not included is the newly-approved Institute of the Good Shepherd of France.)

[quote name='williamb' post='1078940' date='Sep 29 2006, 06:46 AM']
But I thought that congregation was not in communion with Rome.
[/quote]

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1078960' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:26 AM']
The CMRI are not in communion in Rome nor do they believe that any pope since Pius XII is a validly elected pope.
If you enter there the salvation of your soul is at great risk. There are many good religious orders in the Church without having to go there.
My prayers for you!
Sr. Mary Catharine
[/quote]

I know. They aren't in communion with Rome. That's one of the main reasons I'm considering them. Like I said, pray for my theological/heretical issues to, because that's why I'm considering them.

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1078963' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:41 AM']
my prayers are with you goldenchild17! :sign:

Pray to the Holy Spirit of Truth.....
[/quote]
Thank you :cool:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1079003' date='Sep 29 2006, 09:48 AM']
Remember Goldenchild we can decide we must understand, before we choose to believe, but we can also trust God and believe before we are granted the understanding.
May God grant you boundless faith.
[/quote]
I agree. Faith before understanding always. I don't think we can ever understand everything God has placed before us.

[quote name='Jennirom' post='1079112' date='Sep 29 2006, 12:10 PM']
Trust in the Lord to guide you as you discern your future.I will pray for you. :sign: :sign: :sign:
[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1079180' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:19 PM']
To think that a year ago I was accepted and almost went to their minor seminary. Now I am convinced I have found the fullness of the Truth- Jesus Christ and His mystical Body, the Church.

CMRI does not have monks. They have brothers and priests. [/quote]

Yeah thanks for the clarification. That's what I would be considering - a teaching brother.

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1079180' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:19 PM']There are many traditional orders and communities to choose from- that aren't sedevacantist or schismatic. Please consider them and pray hard. One day you'll realize- as I did- the problems with sedevacantism and schism. [/quote]

As it stands right now I see it as the most faithful position. Will that change in the future? Possibly. But for now I can only consider something that I feel is the most faithful to God's Holy Catholic Church. But yes, prayer is essential.

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1079180' date='Sep 29 2006, 01:19 PM']The sedevacantist position is condemned by dogmatic Councils and statements, as well as common sense. [/quote]
It is especially because I believe that the position is not outlawed by anything in the Church that I accept it. If I knew it was forbidden as a possibility by past teachings I would reject it wholeheartedly.

But I can't go into it any further as dUST hasn't allowed this kind of discussion yet. If you want to know more you should be able to find my email addy in my profile. Otherwise let's just keep it at what it is, prayers for moi because that's what I need :).

[quote]Be careful. Be holy.[/quote]

Thanks.

Why would you think that? Now that I think about it, it probably would've been better to put this in the prayer forum so the doctrinal issues didn't have to be discussed.

Edited by goldenchild17

I'll find exact quotes later- but Vatican I dogmatically stated that the papacy- Peter's seat would have perpetual successors. How can we be without a pope for almost 50 years? If that's true I might as well go get consecrated a bishop...

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1079704' date='Sep 29 2006, 09:03 PM']
I'll find exact quotes later- but Vatican I dogmatically stated that the papacy- Peter's seat would have perpetual successors. How can we be without a pope for almost 50 years? If that's true I might as well go get consecrated a bishop...
[/quote]
This it? Vatican I, Session 4, Chapter 2:
[quote]...if anyone says that
it is not by the institution of Christ the lord himself (that is to say, by divine law) that blessed Peter should have perpetual successors in the primacy over the whole church; or that the Roman pontiff is not the successor of blessed Peter in this primacy:
let him be anathema.[/quote]

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1079704' date='Sep 29 2006, 08:03 PM']
[/quote]
I'm not allowed to debate my position on the board. I don't want to get banned or suspended so let's leave it alone. Suffice it to say I believe we will always have popes until the end of the world. I don't believe all options for a valid election have been exhausted yet and I do believe we will have a real pope, possibly soon. But I'm on a much shorter leash than you all are. You all, it seems, are given more leeway in what you can and cannot say. I am not given this flexibility, so I cannot respond at this time. Not to mention that the vocations board is totally not the right place to bring it up even if it were a topic allowed up for discussion on Phatmass.

Edited by goldenchild17

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1080071' date='Sep 30 2006, 12:05 AM']
I'm not allowed to debate my position on the board. I don't want to get banned or suspended so let's leave it alone. Suffice it to say I believe we will always have popes until the end of the world. I don't believe all options for a valid election have been exhausted yet and I do believe we will have a real pope, possibly soon. But I'm on a much shorter leash than you all are. You all, it seems, are given more leeway in what you can and cannot say. I am not given this flexibility, so I cannot respond at this time. Not to mention that the vocations board is totally not the right place to bring it up even if it were a topic allowed up for discussion on Phatmass.
[/quote]

+

I'm really impressed by your respect of phorum rules and guidelines. It shows respect for all of us--thank you. Let's just say that we'll pray the Lord's Prayer for you that His will be done --no matter what it is! I think we can all agree on that!

Blessings!