An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Postulants!

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi all! I just wanted to let you all know that the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration have recieved FOUR new postulants this year!!! Sister Lois is sending me some pictures, and I will post them here as soon as I get them! horay!

AlterDominicus

Its amazing isnt it? Hoe we all have our own communities, we get excited about when things happen. For me I have particularly four, some are spontaneous of course because my range of PERSONALLY knowing the sisters like a sister-sister relationship is about 35 perhaps.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you can post them. :twothumbsup:

Seems to me that these sisters have been mentioned before on the phorum with lots of positive comments about their community.

Didn't they do a video of the "rappin' nuns" somewhere?

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1078337' date='Sep 28 2006, 07:30 PM']
Hi all! I just wanted to let you all know that the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration have recieved FOUR new postulants this year!!! Sister Lois is sending me some pictures, and I will post them here as soon as I get them! horay!
[/quote]

Hey -- that's one of the communities I visited a number of years ago. I remember Sr. Lois (she's really neat).

I actually liked the community ... they were about 90% what I was looking for; except I was concerned that my spirituality wouldn't mix (I've been involved with the charismatic renewal for too long). But I really think very highly of them

-- Carmen

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='stlmom' post='1078388' date='Sep 28 2006, 06:20 PM']
Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you can post them. :twothumbsup:

Seems to me that these sisters have been mentioned before on the phorum with lots of positive comments about their community.

[/quote]
They sure do! I don't know where it is, but it was good to see them all! When I saw that video, I hadn't been up there for a retreat in a whole year so it was nice to see! :) They are a wonderful and balanced community. The convent is so peaceful... I DEFINITELY recommend that everyone go up for a silent retreat. All time stops there. (getting carried away, can you tell?)
PS I'm going on a retreat October 30th and 31st for my fall break!! <3

[quote name='stlmom' post='1078388' date='Sep 28 2006, 07:20 PM']
[/quote]
[b][url="http://www.seekholiness.com/html/videos/video_rapping.htm"]Rappin' Nuns[/url][/b]

[quote name='shortnun' post='1079147' date='Sep 29 2006, 12:53 PM']
[b][url="http://www.seekholiness.com/html/videos/video_rapping.htm"]Rappin' Nuns[/url][/b]
[/quote]
:D:

Oo pictures :D: I don't think I've ever heard of sisters of St. Francis of perpetual adoration, it sounds an awful lot like [i]poor clares[/i] of Perpetual adoration... do they have a website? Where are they? Ok, anyways, God Bless!
-uruviel

Oo pictures :D: I don't think I've ever heard of sisters of St. Francis of perpetual adoration, it sounds an awful lot like [i]poor clares[/i] of Perpetual adoration... do they have a website? Where are they? Ok, anyways, God Bless!
-uruviel

-uruviel

be_thou_my_vision

The Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration have been approved in the Church since 1863... They started in Germany, but they have been here in Indiana sinec 1875. The Motherhouse is in Mishawaka IN (very near Notre Dame... you can see the footballl stadium from one of the convent hills!) and they have missions of health care and education throughout IN. You can read more about them on their [url="http://www.ssfpa.org"]website.[/url] Sister Lois, the vocations director is amazing and is wholeheartedly interested in doing God will, whatever it be. She is an awesome Mother of Souls, and I highly encourage going for a retreat. Their grounds are huge and very peaceful.