An Old School Catholic Message Board

Looking For Bible Quote

Winchester

[quote name='Budge' post='1078307' date='Sep 28 2006, 06:11 PM']
I have a bunch of threads here going at once, but didnt you admit to being a Buddhist-Catholic?

Looks like youve gone WAY BEYOND THE BIBLE.
[/quote]Hardly. I believe in some Buddhist teaching and precepts, but I am no Buddhist-Catholic.

Way to not respond to the situation at hand by the way.

[quote]Hardly. I believe in some Buddhist teaching and precepts, but I am no Buddhist-Catholic. [/quote]

So one can believe in SOME Buddhism and still be Catholic?

{hey I already knew that}

They have those who beleive in SOME Hinduism, SOME VOODUN.....

Catholicism, the perfect MIX&MATCH RELIGION.

So do you follow some of those Zen Jesuit monks they got?

[quote name='Winchester' post='1078282' date='Sep 28 2006, 05:55 PM']
I believe the Bible is sufficient. I believe that using the Bible alone that I can prove the validity of the Catholic Church.

I believe that using the Bible alone I can prove the divinity of Christ and the Ressurection.

It is sufficient.

But it is not alone.
[/quote]

I reposted. Think I was lost in the shuffle.

Yes, you can follow precepts that do not contradict the Church. (ie. respect for others (this may be a problem in the First Assembly of Budge), the importance of balance in one's life, etc.)

[quote name='Budge' post='1078328' date='Sep 28 2006, 06:25 PM']
So one can believe in SOME Buddhism and still be Catholic?
[/quote]Some Buddhism philosophies, yes. Some of them are in complete agreement with Catholic teaching anyways. No killing? A precept of Buddhism [i]and[/i] any Christian religion.

Once again, way to avoid the situation at hand.

[quote name='Budge' post='1078299' date='Sep 28 2006, 07:05 PM']
The Canon was well known, read and accepted by Christians before Roman Catholicism made it "official".
[/quote]

Evidence please

Correct me if I'm wrong, but St. Paul wrote a [u][i][b]second[/b][/i][/u] letter to the Corinthians.

You say Christians had the Bible before Rome made it official.

How is it that the community at Corinth had the complete Bible before Paul authored his second letter to them??? :idontknow:

These are legit questions Budge, if you have legitimate answers to such questions, you would not have to respond with name calling or sarcasm.

So come on, lets have a real debate about this :D: :D: :D:

[color="#33CC00"]Budge,

What makes you believe the Bible is sufficient? Where is that in the Bible? Should it not be in the Bible?[/color]

[quote name='Budge' post='1078276' date='Sep 28 2006, 04:53 PM']
[size=2]Pr 25:2
¶ It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter[/size]

God has hidden the truth from the unwise...

john 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Anyhow none of you understand what Sola Scripture really is...

you mean it to say the BIBLE is EVERYTHING, we mean it to say that the BIBLE IS SUFFICIENT.
[size=2][u][b]
The church is not to judge the bible, but the bible the church.[/b][/u][/size]

Just another Strawman floated by Catholics.
[/quote]

The funny thing in this whole post is that the strawman is not by the Catholics, but by budge....that is actually a belly shaker....geez I crack myself up. Ok, I guess that you have to understand philosophy to be able to recognize the nuance, but it is funny.

Budge wouldn't know about that though, because philosophy is from Satan. Wait.....to label something a "strawman" means that she has employed a philosophical principle. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! BUDGE MUST BE IN LEAGUE WITH THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!! RUN, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I believe the Bible is sufficient. I believe that using the Bible alone that I can prove the validity of the Catholic Church.

I believe that using the Bible alone I can prove the divinity of Christ and the Ressurection.

It is sufficient.

But it is not alone.

[quote name='Budge' post='1078533' date='Sep 28 2006, 08:49 PM']
What is philosophical about calling a spade a spade?
[/quote]

Is that a loaded question?

I've yet to see Budge give any answer to the initial question here.

Still waiting for that quote . . .

Edited by Socrates

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Still waiting for that quote!

Still waiting for evidence for this claim:

"The Canon was well known, read and accepted by Christians before Roman Catholicism made it "official"."

I will once again ask a simple question

How is it that the community at Corinth had the complete Bible before Paul authored his second letter to them???

I just read three pages of messages. I was getting excited knowing Budge was going to provide some scripture. But alas, nothing. Along with everyone else, I'm also waiting for Budge's quote. Has our Bible scholar failed us? :(

I have seen great evidence which proves the opposite. Kudos to cmotherofpirl for her scripture quotes! Budge, we're still waiting for yours. We'll even allow you to use the deuterocanonical books.