An Old School Catholic Message Board

Looking For Bible Quote

Winchester

[quote name='Budge' post='1078288' date='Sep 28 2006, 07:01 PM']
Amazing what happens when people chuck the Bible over board for oral traditions and old wives tales.
[/quote]
rotfl
THE BIBLE WAS PUT TOGETHERT BY THE CHURCH

so if we put it together, why are you reading it???????

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1078291' date='Sep 28 2006, 07:02 PM']
Like I havent heard this one before.

:rolleyes:

Ok Mr. Game of Telephone, tell me one ORAL TRADITION, now taught by Rome, that is Not in the Bible, that is necessary for a Christian.
[/quote]
I don't believe there are any. However, the Bible doesn't elaborate on everything to the fullest. The Church is needed to draw out the meaning. The Bible contains all Tradition, but in seminal form.

[quote]THE BIBLE WAS PUT TOGETHERT BY THE CHURCH[/quote]

The contribution made by the Catholic Church.

[img]http://blogs.ipswitch.com/archives/red-stapler.jpg[/img]

The Canon was well known, read and accepted by Christians before Roman Catholicism made it "official".

Jesuspaidtheprice

[quote name='Budge' post='1078299' date='Sep 28 2006, 07:05 PM']

The Canon was well known, read and accepted by Christians before Roman Catholicism made it "official".
[/quote]

Perhaps verifying this with historical data from confirmed sources could help 'sway' your audience. Else they really have no reason to believe you any more than you do to believe them.

Edited by Jesuspaidtheprice

[quote name='Budge' post='1078291' date='Sep 28 2006, 04:02 PM']
Like I havent heard this one before.

:rolleyes:

Ok Mr. Game of Telephone, tell me one ORAL TRADITION, now taught by Rome, that is Not in the Bible, that is necessary for a Christian.
[/quote]

below is a sufficient answer:

[quote name='Raphael' post='1078296' date='Sep 28 2006, 04:04 PM']
I don't believe there are any. However, the Bible doesn't elaborate on everything to the fullest. The Church is needed to draw out the meaning. The Bible contains all Tradition, but in seminal form.
[/quote]

BTW, I would appreciate it if you addressed me by either my proper name or my screen name. Not some obnoxious pet name you have for me.

[quote name='Budge' post='1078288' date='Sep 28 2006, 06:01 PM']
Amazing what happens when people chuck the Bible over board for oral traditions and old wives tales.
[/quote]

Another protestant strawman. Amazing what happens when Protestants pass around that same old loaf of anti-catholic fruitcake.

[quote name='Budge' post='1078276' date='Sep 28 2006, 05:53 PM']
[size=2]Pr 25:2
¶ It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter[/size][/quote]That quote says nothing about the bible and as such has nothing to do with the request to provide us with a bible quote that says use only the bible.

[quote]john 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.[/quote] This one at least says to use the bible, but no where does it say to use ONLY the bible. Try again.

[img]http://www.exquisine.de/net/artikel/bilder/steak.jpg[/img]

Maybe next time Ill use a pictogram...:)

Edited by Budge

Matthew 26:
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

It doesn't list the things commanded.

John 21
25And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

The Bible doesn't contain all knowledge of Jesus, it never was supposed to. It is a collection, put together by the Catolic Church, from the writings of Oral Traditions of the Church.

[quote] This one at least says to use the bible, but no where does it say to use ONLY the bible. Try again.[/quote]

I have a bunch of threads here going at once, but didnt you admit to being a Buddhist-Catholic?

Looks like youve gone WAY BEYOND THE BIBLE.

[img]http://www.budovideos.com/images/covers/8916.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Budge' post='1078305' date='Sep 28 2006, 04:09 PM']
[img]http://www.exquisine.de/net/artikel/bilder/steak.jpg[/img]

Maybe next time Ill use a pictogram...:)
[/quote]

OK, I'll start addressing you by "[edited to avoid being banned from the phorum]."

[quote name='Budge' post='1078299' date='Sep 28 2006, 07:05 PM']

[/quote]
You always get part of it right :D: The canon was well known read and accepted by the Catholic Church, before the Church made it offical.

[img]
OK, I'll start addressing you by "[edited to avoid being banned from the phorum]."
[/img]

wow no reason to get all feisty...

Does it begin with a B?

;)

Jesuspaidtheprice

My post was probably lost on page one, but here it is again:

Budge,

"Perhaps verifying this with historical data from confirmed sources could help 'sway' your audience. Else they really have no reason to believe you any more than you do to believe them."

Remember these guys are about Tradition, so please, as often as you can, offer some kind of proof for your claim.