An Old School Catholic Message Board

Person Asks Ewtn

Budge

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Budge' post='1079133' date='Sep 29 2006, 12:43 PM']
One thing Catholics do not realize is Christians have unity in Jesus Christ, I pray and fellowship with many non-Baptist Christians. I visit other churches. In fact I just had over acouple Christian pals who are NOT Baptists.

I never preach to anyone join the Baptist church, what I ask is if you have been born again?

Catholics preach join the Catholic church.

Catholic unity is centered in the Pope.

Christian unity is centered in Jesus Christ.
[/quote]

Are you missing the whole CONCEPT that unity in the pope comes because we ARE unified in Christ. have you heard any Catholic here deny the divinity of Christ? Have you heard ANY Catholic here say ANYTHING about not needing Christ? No you place your own words into someone's post and claim they are wrong. And one many cases if the post (the ones you respond to) actually said what you want it to say then you would have a leg to stand on, but you do not.

I pray that God will have mercy on you to show you that by rejecting his Church you are rejecting Him.

cathoholic_anonymous

Still no reply from Budge regarding Cornelius - even though she's been asked about him around three times. Hmm. Budge, your whole style of debate seems to revolve round wrenching people's words out of context and trying to cram them into a mould that you have already prepared. A wise person has a short tongue and long ears, and freely admits that s/he doesn't know much.

There are gradients of truth. If I say 'Muslims believe in the God of Abraham' I am [b]not[/b] saying 'Islam is equal to Christianity' or 'Jesus Christ' is optional. I am saying that Muslims believe in the God of Abraham.

I was working as a teaching volunteer in Nepal over the summer. Suppose one of my students only got five out of thirty on a test. I wouldn't tear up the whole test paper and say, "You don't understand anything about adverbs, do you?" I would say, "You got the first five questions right, so you must know something about what's going on. Now let's see what happened to the others. What makes you think that Question Six needs an adjective?"

This is how the Catholic Church approaches different religions. You seem to think that a person must be 100% right or 100% wrong - that there is no middle ground. And if they get one thing wrong, that means they're [i]all[/i] wrong. It doesn't work that way. While we accept that Islamic theology is riddled with error, we also know that they have got some things right.

cathoholic_anonymous

The question Thessalonian posed right at the beginning of this thread [b]still[/b] has not been answered by Budge.

In the meantime, half-a-dozen new threads authored by Budge have cropped up on the board.

Keep running...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Budge' post='1079133' date='Sep 29 2006, 12:43 PM']The name on the door...really isnt the first thing.[/quote]

Of course it is. I'll bet if you moved to this new town the first thing you would do is look for churches. What if you moved next door to Sts Peter and Paul Episcopal Church... and down the street is St. John's Lutheran Church... and for fun, let's say Good Shepherd ELCA is across the street from that (it's Minnesota-- two Lutheran churches per corner. ;) ) And let's say you flipped through the yellow pages and saw Living Word church on the other side of town... I'm going to guess that you run past St. Peter and Paul, St. John's and Good Shepard to get to Living Word... You can tell me I'm wrong, but I won't believe you. I would have done the same thing.