ignorant bigot
[/quote]

Remind me to put that in my title whenever I get enough posts to change it :D:

[quote name='Budge' post='1078712' date='Sep 28 2006, 10:57 PM']
There one of me, 20 of you...

so I answer what I can..

:blush:
[/quote]

That made me chuckle... :sweat: Would that be #16 or 17?

Anyway, can you please move his question to the top of your list? You've had the time to answer the other posts in that thread, so hopefully you can set a minute or two aside for that.

[quote name='Budge' post='1078712' date='Sep 28 2006, 11:57 PM']
There one of me, 20 of you...

so I answer what I can..

:blush:
[/quote]

You tend to take the easy stuff and gloss over the important questions from scripture. Odd.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1078984' date='Sep 29 2006, 09:08 AM']
You tend to take the easy stuff and gloss over the important questions from scripture. Odd.
[/quote]

That is what I would do if I my heart were hardened...not saying that any one in particular here has that, just an observation about my self.

Ha, ha, ha, ha. I really laughed out loud at this thread.
Of course it's all about being exactly right in your denominational beliefs. The more complicated, obsure, rigid, loud, obnoxious, detailed, general, fundamental, sophisticated, you can be, the better. The grass is always greener on your side of the fence and it's very important you idenitfy where the fences are. All in attempt to say God accepts me ad not you. If you've created enough fences, you have that safe comfortable feeling and thank God you aren't one of those poor rejected losers on the other side of the fence that don't want to be bullied into your corral. For the life of you, you just can't comprehend how someone wouldn't want to be exactly like you.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1079056' date='Sep 29 2006, 12:11 PM']
Ha, ha, ha, ha. I really laughed out loud at this thread.
Of course it's all about being exactly right in your denominational beliefs. The more complicated, obsure, rigid, loud, obnoxious, detailed, general, fundamental, sophisticated, you can be, the better. The grass is always greener on your side of the fence and it's very important you idenitfy where the fences are. All in attempt to say God accepts me ad not you. If you've created enough fences, you have that safe comfortable feeling and thank God you aren't one of those poor rejected losers on the other side of the fence that don't want to be bullied into your corral. For the life of you, you just can't comprehend how someone wouldn't want to be exactly like you.
[/quote]

Good point.

Protestantism makes every person out to be his own authority. Is it any surprise that humans, given that kind of belief, would by their concupiscience go their separate ways until they were each completely isolated from the rest?

Catholics understand that to be saved, we must be conformed to Christ, and that this is an ongoing process (although the minimal amount of conformity is to have grace in the soul). Thus, we must be conformed to Christ's body, the Church, and so as the Church we are saved. What conforms us to His body is His grace, given to us through the life of the Church, the Sacraments, by the reception of which we operate faith acting through love.

In the words of Peter Kreeft, it all hangs together...soteriology, ecclesiology, sacramentology...

This reminds me in the Great Divorce by CS Lewis of the people in hell, they kept moving further and further away from each other. Thank God we can be bound together by the Church.

The actions of denominations is to separate, not bind together. Denominations sort through people like choosing teams.
Saved.
Not saved.
Doomed.
Infidel.
Back slider.
Elect.
Goat.
Wolf.
Heretic.
Sheperd.
Whore of Babylon.

I can't even pronounce concupscience or soteriology or ecclesiology. Is that how they pick teams?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1079069' date='Sep 29 2006, 12:28 PM']
The actions of denominations is to separate, not bind together. Denominations sort through people like choosing teams.
Saved.
Not saved.
Doomed.
Infidel.
Back slider.
Elect.
Goat.
Wolf.
Heretic.
Sheperd.
Whore of Babylon.

I can't even pronounce concupscience or soteriology or ecclesiology. Is that how they pick teams?
[/quote]
No, the first is the tendency of fallen man to sin. The second two are different facets of theology, all of which are really bound together in Christ's saving action. The content of the faith is, mystically, Jesus Christ Himself, and those are different ways of seeing how He relates to theology.

[quote]The actions of denominations is to separate, not bind together. Denominations sort through people like choosing teams. [/quote]

Catholics are the hard core denominationalists.

It is possible if I have to move one day, that I could end up in a NON--Baptist church.

Do they follow Gods Word?

Are they born again believers?

The name on the door...really isnt the first thing.

One thing Catholics do not realize is Christians have unity in Jesus Christ, I pray and fellowship with many non-Baptist Christians. I visit other churches. In fact I just had over acouple Christian pals who are NOT Baptists.

I never preach to anyone join the Baptist church, what I ask is if you have been born again?

Catholics preach join the Catholic church.

Catholic unity is centered in the Pope.

Christian unity is centered in Jesus Christ.

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1078839' date='Sep 29 2006, 12:05 AM']
That made me chuckle... :sweat: Would that be #16 or 17?

Anyway, can you please move his question to the top of your list? You've had the time to answer the other posts in that thread, so hopefully you can set a minute or two aside for that.
[/quote]

:idontknow:

[quote name='Budge' post='1079133' date='Sep 29 2006, 11:43 AM']
Catholics are the hard core denominationalists.

It is possible if I have to move one day, that I could end up in a NON--Baptist church.

Do they follow Gods Word?

Are they born again believers?

The name on the door...really isnt the first thing.

One thing Catholics do not realize is Christians have unity in Jesus Christ, I pray and fellowship with many non-Baptist Christians. I visit other churches. In fact I just had over acouple Christian pals who are NOT Baptists.

I never preach to anyone join the Baptist church, what I ask is if you have been born again?

Catholics preach join the Catholic church.

Catholic unity is centered in the Pope.

Christian unity is centered in Jesus Christ.
[/quote]ha, ha, ha, ha.
You have been the high-density version of a 'hard-core denominationalist'.

Go into a non-Baptist Church? Which denominational errors are you willing to accept?

There are essentials and then there are non-essentials.

If a church has deacons instead of elders, Im not going to run for the door.

;)

Read Mark 9, Christians take it seriously.

There are many non-Baptists I consider committed Christians.

Mar 9:38 ¶ And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Mar 9:40 [b]For he that is not against us is on our part.
[/b]