An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any Advice Or Suggestions?

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

Being seven weeks away from my come and see with the CFRs, I feel like I should be doing something to prepare myself. I have no idea where to begin. Is there preparation to be done or am I worrying about this trip like I tend to worry about others? I always feel like I'm going to be unprepared for something so I do everything I can think of to prevent that situation.

For those of you that have gone through, or know someone that has gone through, this process: Did you do anything to prepare spiritually? If not, do you wish you had? Do you think that you could have done something to aid your visit? If you did, did you feel like what you did had an effect on your visit?

I'm thinking about calling Sr. a week or two before I leave to make sure I know of all the necessary clothing items and such but I'm also wondering if there is some list of things that would be obvious. (I stink at packing.)

Oh, yes! Prepare! I would start with Mass, and offer the communion for your come and see intention. Spend time before the Blessed Sacrament, if possible, and make time for the rosary. If you're familiar with Lectio Divina, try that, too. Get yourself centered on Christ, so that you don't have any "worldly baggage" (distractions, etc.) going in with you.

I didn't prepare for one of the five Jesu Caritas retreats I attended, and I felt as if I had missed the entire weekend, despite the fact that I was there physically. When I complained to Our Lady about it, I heard a sweet voice within me say, "You didn't prepare."

St. Therese wrote that she wasn't going to wait until Carmel to become a saint, she was going to start well before her entrance.

HTH.

Blessings,
Gemma

franciscanheart

That part about St Therese really hit me! I've been trying to live my life as well as I can and I've done my best to adopt the life as a sister given my current situation.

I do attend daily Mass when my body will allow it (the drive is pretty long and I worry about making it all the way home - aka staying awake long enough to get back). I pray the rosary and Divine Mercy chaplet daily. I also pray Liturgy of the Hours.

I'm doing my best but I'm wondering if there isn't more I could be doing.

Thank you so much, Gemma, for the advice! I really truly appreciate it! Your words will be with me for sure.

Hughey the only thing I would add, is when you go, don't go thinking you are or are not called there. Allow the Lord to really speak within your heart and be open to that. In that way, you will maintain your inner peace, regardless of the outcome! God bless you and good luck.

franciscanheart

[quote name='HisChild' post='1076497' date='Sep 27 2006, 09:49 AM']
Hughey the only thing I would add, is when you go, don't go thinking you are or are not called there. Allow the Lord to really speak within your heart and be open to that. In that way, you will maintain your inner peace, regardless of the outcome! God bless you and good luck.
[/quote]
Thank you. That is actually something I needed to hear... :saint: