An Old School Catholic Message Board

SMME November Retreat

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

So who is exactly going from phatmass to the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist retreat this November?

Thanks to one of our phatmassers, I will be going to this retreat for the first time ever, after trying to get there previously 8 times.

Here is the story,

Tracy (FSGM) invited me to go with her to the retreat, so I manage to hook up with some friends, and Donna Marie (passionheart) paid the 25$, I was convinced that nothing could deteriorate this wonderous thing God made happen.

Then it fell through - Tracy entered, I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy :bounce: Then the retreat didnt matter to me. After she entered, and life started to become normal, I told me mom well I need a driver to take me to the retreat. She said she will see who she could find. Nothing.

I wasnt about to loose hope in our Lord - I knew He was determined to get me there ONE DAY. Then out of the clear blue sky I talked to another phatmasser on IM.

Then before I knew it, she had bought me a train ticket to Ann Arbor for the retreat. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Then came the next blessing, Sister Joseph Andrew talked to a benefactor, Sister Pio Maria's mother who is a knew novice, and Hilary (her mom) said she would be honored to have me overnight - since I will be leaving the Second, to go there, and leaving the Sixth to come back to Minnesota.

[b]A novena of rosaries are being prayed, the phatmasser, Hilary, and Sister Joseph Andrew

GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!!!!

And thank you Donna Marie[/b]

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Edited by AlterDominicus

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1072612' date='Sep 23 2006, 11:51 AM']
So who is exactly going from phatmass to the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist retreat this November?

Thanks to one of our phatmassers, I will be going to this retreat for the first time ever, after trying to get there previously 8 times.

Here is the story,

Tracy (FSGM) invited me to go with her to the retreat, so I manage to hook up with some friends, and Donna Marie (passionheart) paid the 25$, I was convinced that nothing could deteriorate this wonderous thing God made happen.

Then it fell through - Tracy entered, I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy :bounce: Then the retreat didnt matter to me. After she entered, and life started to become normal, I told me mom well I need a driver to take me to the retreat. She said she will see who she could find. Nothing.

I wasnt about to loose hope in our Lord - I knew He was determined to get me there ONE DAY. Then out of the clear blue sky I talked to another phatmasser on IM.

Then before I knew it, she had bought me a train ticket to Ann Arbor for the retreat. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Then came the next blessing, Sister Joseph Andrew talked to a benefactor, Sister Pio Maria's mother who is a knew novice, and Hilary (her mom) said she would be honored to have me overnight - since I will be leaving the Second, to go there, and leaving the Sixth to come back to Minnesota.

[b]A novena of rosaries are being prayed, the phatmasser, Hilary, and Sister Joseph Andrew

GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!!!!

And thank you Donna Marie[/b]

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
[/quote]

I am very happy for you!!! I knew this time would be time to go. As I said keep praying and trusting in the Lord. Do me a favour, say hi to SJA for me and if you can give her a big hug for me :D:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' post='1072673' date='Sep 23 2006, 11:57 AM']
I am very happy for you!!! I knew this time would be time to go. As I said keep praying and trusting in the Lord. Do me a favour, say hi to SJA for me and if you can give her a big hug for me :D:
[/quote]

Its on my list!!!!

I have a little theatrical performence that Sister Mary David did in Alton to Sister Stephania, because SMD is so tall, SS, is short.

That I will be doing in reverse, Sister Joseph Andrew is taller then me, which makes me short. And the perfect time to do this is Friday the Nov. 3rd - Because she wants me at the school in the afternoon, A DAY BEFORE the actual retreat.

:bounce: :drool: :drunk: :juggle: :blowkiss:

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1072678' date='Sep 23 2006, 12:20 PM']
And tell all the old pham there that we love 'em!!
[/quote]

I will totally do so!

Edited by AlterDominicus

I'm going! I didn't think I would be able to without spending a lot of money and taking 4 days off of work. But I got a really good seat sale! I'm not on an official countdown yet, but I'm super excited!

Blessings,
J

AlterDominicus

November 4-5th, my weekend is extended because I have to leave a couple days early since the ride is long. I get three extra days in Ann Arbor, WOOHOOO! Thursday night, Friday, and a little bit of Monday morning before I get back on the train.

HeavenlyCalling

[quote]'ll be there! :D A friend of mine is a new postulant there now, too, so I'm doubly excited [/quote]
Oh, anyone we here on Phatmass would know?
I wish I was going sooooooooo much, I cant wait until May ( I wanted to go in Jan, but then I thought of the possibility of my plane being grounded for five hours because of snow and thought, maybe I'll wait! :))
Prays for everyone who is going, have a great time and a safe trip :sign: :D:

AlterDominicus

3 PHATMASSERS!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO! Scout me out. I'll have a name tag, with my AlterDominicus and Rep. Phatmass. Sister Joseph Andrew will get a kick out of it. Which one of you three havent realllly been aquainted with Sister Joseph Andrew?

Speaking of postulants as friends, I have one to. Hehehe. YAY!

Edited by AlterDominicus