An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Does The Pope Respect Islam?

Budge

Code: ZE06092004

Date: 2006-09-20

Pope Expresses "Deep Respect" for Muslims

And Proposes a Positive and Self-critical Dialogue

VATICAN CITY, SEPT. 20, 2006 (Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI expressed his respect for Muslims and clarified that a recent address in Germany sought to propose a positive and self-critical dialogue among religions and between reason and Christians' faith......

{snip}

In this way, the Holy Father sought to make clear his "deep respect for the great religions, in particular for Muslims -- who 'adore the one God' and with whom we are engaged in "preserving and promoting together for all mankind social justice, moral values, peace and freedom."

Deep respect for the great religions...

Is this what the Pope respects?

Obligation for the Moslems to undertake the Holy War:

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book (1), until they pay the Jizya (2) with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." (S IX 29)

"O ye who believe! Fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you; and know that Allah is with those who fear Him." (S IX 123)

Threat of punishment to the Moslems who do not take any part in the Holy War:

Quote:"O ye who believe! What is the matter with you, then, when ye are asked to go forth in the Cause of Allah ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For Allah hath power over all things." (S IX 38-39)

Promise of enrichment to those who partake in the Holy War:

"He made you heirs of their lands, their houses, and their goods, and of a land which ye had not frequented (before). And Allah has Power over all things." (S XXXIII 27)

Threat of punishment for anyone opposing Islam:

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter." (S V 36)

Hatred for Christians:

:"They do blaspheme who say: 'Allah is Christ the son of Mary.' But said Christ: 'O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' Whoever joins other gods with Allah, Allah will forbid him the Garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help." (S V 75)

"Those who reject (Truth) among the People of the Book (1) and among the Polytheists, will be in hell-fire, to dwell therein (for aye), they are the worst of creatures." (S XCVIII 6)

Impossibility of lasting peace between Moslems and non-Moslems:

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (For friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guided not a people unjust." (S V 54)

All the above quotations have been drawn from: The Holy Qur-an, with full Arabic text; by A. Yusuf Ali; Sh. Muhammad Ashraf, Publisher & Bookseller, Kashmiri Bazar, Lahore, Pakistan, 1975. The 'S' signifies the Sura, for easy references consult the number after the abbreviation 'S'.

So your Pope respects Islam, and well this means he RESPECTS all of the ABOVE, which ARE DIRECT teachings from the Koran.

It is interesting to me that Bible Churches are seen as just SECTS {not GREAT RELIGIONS} that have to be stopped with no apologies, while Islam, which burns down Catholic churches, murders clergy, is rewarded with endless praise, concern, attention and sychophantic apologies.

Bible Christianity HATED...

Islam...LOVED and RESPECTED despite violence, false teachings, and more.

Those are the lines being drawn.

The Pope has apologized what is it 5 times and is now busy inviting Muslim envoys to meet with him next week.

Edited by dUSt

Doesnt look like any real peace will come from the Pope giving in to all their demands.

The Muslims have learned now that all it will take is a few riots to silence the West.

Rome pursues over and over the false peace of this world instead of making a stand for the gospel and the truth.

The Bible warns of the false peace of end times.

Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify [himself] in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many:

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

It is interesting to me how Rome considers Bible Christianity {sects} a threat to be stopped with no apologies--I dont remember JPII ever apologizing for calling fundamentalist Christians 'wolves" and scrapes and bows before Islam.

It shows me who Rome is really aligned with.

Budge,

Seriously, the large fonts and wacky formatting is a usability issue. Please emphasis the text you deem important by either bolding or italicizing it.

I'll be editing all posts with oversized letters into plain text, so if you want to keep emphasizing certain passages, just bold them so they won't be edited.

This applies to EVERYONE, not just Budge.

God bless.

I think the whole font thing to be honest with you is petty, and just something people have been using to deflect things.

The print here is actually VERY SMALL, even when one has their computer text size turned up.

You just made the post unreadable above, by taking away the font formating from the quotes.

I guess thats the intention isnt it?

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1072639' date='Sep 23 2006, 10:13 AM']
I think the whole font thing to be honest with you is petty, and just something people have been using to deflect things.

The print here is actually VERY SMALL, even when one has their computer text size turned up.

You just made the post unreadable above, by taking away the font formating from the quotes.

[/quote]

I have horrible eyesight and a horrible screen resolution (makes the normal small even smaller) and I can read it fine.

You might want to make an appointment with your eye doctor if the text is bothering you that much.

Edited by CatholicCid

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1072639' date='Sep 23 2006, 12:13 PM']

[/quote]
I've said it before: if you find the text small, use a bigger text (but not ridiculously)...just do it consistently.

You can claim that we're trying to deflect the argument, but even if we are (and we aren't), why don't you do the Christian thing and accomodate our poor eyes. Then, once we have not more text issues to complain about, you'll see whether it was really deflection in the first place or if, as I know, we have really good arguments but don't want to debate you because you're hard to read.

seriously. If you can't see the font, even if you have your computer screen text up high, please, please, go see a doctor and tell him/her whats up.

Never play with your eyesight fam. :(

Laudate_Dominum

believe it or not there are plenty of Muslims who resent the radical jihadists, and historically there are many good and beautiful things associated with Islamic culture.

In light of all the hooplah about the Pope's speech I'm not in much of a mood to defend Islam, but really it is not all bad.

It may be hard for many to see because lots of people seem to think Taliban when they hear of Islam. Alright, quite frankly I'm no fan of Islam at all, but I've had Muslim friends in my life and I know its not fair to make sweeping judgments about Muslim people or even the faith of Islam. :idontknow:

I am kind of ticked because the Muslim world seems pretty screwed up and they are so quick to lash out at the Pope and yet why aren't they lashing out at least equally in response to the terrorists who are making Islam seem like satanism?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1072652' date='Sep 23 2006, 12:28 PM']
The petty font thing works well to derail a thread doesnt it?
[/quote]
I advised you on how to handle it. You apparently just don't want to.

You can treat people humanely without agreeing with their incorrect beliefs.

Evangelizing is not just yelling random bible verses at people passing by on the street. Sometimes it involves getting to know people first.

Budge,

YOU are the one who makes the font an issue because you are the only one who abuses the font options. Here's a novel idea... why not use the same font as everybody else so us Catholics don't have a way to derail your arguments? If you didn't abuse the fonts then it wouldn't be an issue at all. Wow!

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Budge' post='1072652' date='Sep 23 2006, 10:28 AM']
The petty font thing works well to derail a thread doesnt it?
[/quote]

And what is your reason of not answering the tough questions asked of you, by us?

I do think it a little silly of you budge to complain about someone not answering your questions, when that is something your accustom to doing. :topsy:

the pope respects the muslims because he respects the arabs. he is not racist. and he respects that they attempt to seek out the One True God, the God of Abraham.

if anyone says "I want to believe in the God of Abraham", then a Christian ought to say "okay, let me tell you about who He is..." not "well, since you do not yet truly know Him, then I have no basis to begin with you, continue worshipping your pagan god"

if anyone says "I believe in the God of Abraham, he is allah and mohammad is his messenger" then a Christian ought to say "I too believe in the God of Abraham, but He does not have many of the attributes that are given to your allah, he is far different from your allah, and mohammad may have been a messenger which brought to you respect for the God of Abraham but his message was corrupt."