An Old School Catholic Message Board

Logic Of Man Cannot Be Infallible, Even With God's Help

Winchester

Really? Show me how we don't believe that. Show me in the Catechism, or recant.

So who wrote the Bible, Budge? Who put the actual words down and who translated your version?

[quote]Really? Show me how we don't believe that. Show me in the Catechism, or recant.[/quote]

Catholicism puts its own leaders and traditions at the same authority level of scripture.

In fact Catholicism claims God's Word cannot stand without its Magisterium and Tradition.

[size=4]CCC 95 "It is clear therefore that, in the supremely wise arrangement of God,[u][b] sacred Tradition, Sacred Scripture and the Magisterium of the Church are so connected and associated that one of them cannot stand without the others. [/b][/u]Working together, each in its own way, under the action of the one Holy Spirit, they all contribute effectively to the salvation of souls."[/size]

Looks like in includes the Bible, to me.

Maybe you left out a part of that quote where it says the only the Bible is useful for those activities? Put that part in and you win.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Budge' post='1072081' date='Sep 22 2006, 07:23 PM']
Catholicism puts its own leaders and traditions at the same authority level of scripture.

In fact Catholicism claims God's Word cannot stand without its Magisterium and Tradition.

[size=4]CCC 95 "It is clear therefore that, in the supremely wise arrangement of God,[u][b] sacred Tradition, Sacred Scripture and the Magisterium of the Church are so connected and associated that one of them cannot stand without the others. [/b][/u]Working together, each in its own way, under the action of the one Holy Spirit, they all contribute effectively to the salvation of souls."[/size]
[/quote]

You say no man can be infallible, yet the bible written by man guided by God is infallible. The same God that guided those men, still guides the tradition, and magisterium of Holy Mother Church.

If men guided by God can be infallible to write the bible, then men guided by God can be infallible to lead the flock.

But if no man can be infallible then the Holy Bible is not infallible and can not be trusted.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1071680' date='Sep 22 2006, 03:20 PM']
KJV = King James Version

King James = a [size=4]man who ruled over humans[/size], demanding [b]honor and sacrifice[/b] (taxes) and wore [i]frilly clothes [/i] [s][font=Book Antiqua][size=5]and gold on his head with precious stones. Seems to be making himself an idol [/size] [u]and [b]demanding idolatry[/b][color="#000099"].

KJV = King James' VERSION. [/color] HIS[/u] personally supervised version of the Bible. Who the heck was he to tell everyone who how to interpret the Bible with a NEW version, [color="#CC0000"][size=5]removing actual books [/size] [/color] and scripture that had been part of Scripture for about [size=5]1,000 years[/size].

KJV = The version pagan worshipers who [size=7]idolize a mere man to remove scripture and create a [i]false [/i] religion.[/size] They are anti-Christian because [u]they take the words from God's son away from him [/u] and subject them to the interpretation of a [size=4]mere human 'King'[/size].
[size=5]Pagan anti-christs use the KJV.[/size] Look it up, it's common sense.
Unless you are a PEW PUPPY that only reads the SELECTED verses the PREACHER allows you to or you won't keep up with the indoctrination (I mean bible class) that is being forced on you. Sure. They will get you to BUY your own bible ($19.95 @ B&N) along with study guides, work books, colored bracelets with letters and a highlighter.
[/quote]
:biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :lol_pound: :rolling: :rolling:

[quote]King James = a [size=4]man who ruled over humans[/size], demanding [b]honor and sacrifice[/b] (taxes) and wore [i]frilly clothes [/i][/quote]
Gotta watch out for those guys in frilly clothes!

[quote name='Budge' post='1072070' date='Sep 22 2006, 07:18 PM']
One either believes Scripture is inspired by God or not.

I believe it is.
[size=4]
2Ti 3:16 [u][size=4]All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God,[/size] [/u]and [u][is] profitable for doctrine[/u], [b]for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:[/b][/size]

According to the catholics here this scripture is wrong.
[/quote]
Really? What Catholic here has denied Scripture?

[quote name='Budge' post='1072081' date='Sep 22 2006, 07:23 PM']

[/quote]
Where in the Bible does it say that [b]only[/b] Scripture is inspired by God?

[quote]Therefore, brethren, stand fast: and hold the [b]traditions[/b], which you have learned, [b]whether by word [/b] or by our epistle. [/quote]Thess. 2:14.

[quote]And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And [b]whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.[/b] [/quote] Matt. 16:19.
(Christ gives His authority to a [b]human being[/b], Peter)

Again, "sola scriptura" is nowhere found in the Bible.

Isn't that the line from the bounty hunter in Star Wars? Right before the Millenium Falcon left planet, in a hurry, again? I never did quite see the translation.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Budge' post='1072022' date='Sep 22 2006, 07:47 PM']
Cool beans, keep up the good font work!

I havent figured out the color thing yet...;)
[/quote]

no offense intended Budge, but I hope you don't either... [size=5] This is DRIVING ME NUTS [/size]

[quote]
Where have Catholics responded to me using scripture...

[on some earlier posts] so far today, NOT ONCE...

I read back through this thread, I was the only one who used any scripture.
[/quote]

Budge Catholics do not deny the scriptures you posted, you just posted scripture, you didn't try to explain the meaning of those scriptures, you wnat us to argue with God and his word? I don't understand your logic here. :unsure:

[quote name='Budge' post='1072070' date='Sep 22 2006, 08:18 PM']
One either believes Scripture is inspired by God or not.

I believe it is.
[size=4]
2Ti 3:16 [u][size=4]All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God,[/size] [/u]and [u][is] profitable for doctrine[/u], [b]for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:[/b][/size]

According to the catholics here this scripture is wrong.
[/quote]

yes, Budge ALL scripture is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction. What you did NOT show is that ONLY scripture is for this purpose. You did not show that ONLY scripture can do these things. You can't prove those points using scripture, because it is not in scripture. Thus by believing that the Bible is the SOLE authority, you yourself have created man made TRADITION.

Edited by PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Budge' post='1071865' date='Sep 22 2006, 05:23 PM']
Its always interesting to me when Catholics start a thread on their own to diss God's Word.
[/quote]
No we are dissing sola-King James version.

All others,
Wow, does sola-King James make 6 solas? I tell you what job I would not like... being the guy who has to translate the bible from KJV to the foreign languages.

[quote]
yes, Budge ALL scripture is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction. What you did NOT show is that ONLY scripture is for this purpose.[/quote]

This is why Catholicism is so befuddled, running after every other source, including extra-biblical items whenever it can, following the authority of men and manmade traditions.

[quote name='Budge' post='1073633' date='Sep 24 2006, 08:40 AM']
This is why Catholicism is so befuddled, running after every other source, including extra-biblical items whenever it can, following the authority of men and manmade traditions.
[/quote]
And EVERY OTHER 'Christian' religion has a different choice of 'manmade' authority to listen to. Whether it's magisterium in frilly frocks "selling indulgences" or the preacher in an $1,800 suits "peddling tapes, books, and highlighters". I can't believe the pot is calling the kettle black with such blind ignorance. Budge, your posts and opinions are a complete farce and hypocritical to an extreme degree.

Edited by Anomaly