An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Contradiction In The Mass

Budge

Demanding a thread be closed because you do not like the answer isnt right.

I do not have time or space here to answer every question in endless cut and paste.

ASK ONE question, less then 2 sentences, and Ill answer it here:

Perhaps you could start with trying to refute my postings? I have seen nothing that even smells of disproving my refutation of your whole position.

Incidentally, this is not your Q & A board. You cannot presume to come here and start a Bible Study for conversion. If you attempt that you will not only fail (which would be bad for your ego) but will most likely get banned.

However, this isn't so much that I don't like your answers, but rather that I know your answers to be incorrect. I have offered clear refutation to your position. Now it is your turn to try and defend your view......

Good luck. You will fail.

[quote]
Also, it has been shown that you do not take things in context, so if we use PROPER exegesis, we will find; rather quickly, I might add; that your personal subjective view is one built upon sand.

While Cardinals Mahoney and Law most certainly are poor sinners, so were Peter (he actually denied Christ) and Paul (he actually persecuted Christians). I do believe that being upright of heart is not prerequisite of being a Christian. However, I also believe that conversion of heart is necessary and that conversion is a lifelong challenge.[/quote]

Jesus taught judge by the fruits.

The Catholic idea that people are to follow sinful men no matter what is wrong and to follow their sinful actions and teachings {interfaithism} is TOTALLY WRONG...

Why?

Paul HIMSELF, the sinner who REPENTED taught this..

1Cr 11:1 [size=5]¶ Be ye followers of me, [u]even as I also [am] of Christ[/u].[/size]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1073728' date='Sep 24 2006, 02:06 PM']
Demanding a thread be closed because you do not like the answer isnt right.

I do not have time or space here to answer every question in endless cut and paste.

ASK ONE question, less then 2 sentences, and Ill answer it here:
[/quote]
Budge, you have ignored me far too much for me to play by your rules. Follow the forum guidelines. This is the debate table, so debate.

As for not liking your answer, that's just silly. You haven't given me an answer yet.

Edited by Raphael

[quote]Perhaps you could start with trying to refute my postings? I have seen nothing that even smells of disproving my refutation of your whole position.

Incidentally, this is not your Q & A board. You cannot presume to come here and start a Bible Study for conversion. If you attempt that you will not only fail (which would be bad for your ego) but will most likely get banned.

However, this isn't so much that I don't like your answers, but rather that I know your answers to be incorrect. I have offered clear refutation to your position. Now it is your turn to try and defend your view......

Good luck. You will fail.[/quote]

I told you to go ahead and ask one question here or make one point.

So go ahead.

What is wrong with Bible Studies if they convert to Christ, I am a Bible believing Christian of course I will use the Bible.

Telling a person in a debate "You will fail" is very prideful. Really, it comes across in a very negative fashion.

[quote name='Budge' post='1073736' date='Sep 24 2006, 12:12 PM']
I told you to go ahead and ask one question here or make one point.

So go ahead.

What is wrong with Bible Studies if they convert to Christ, I am a Bible believing Christian of course I will use the Bible.

Telling a person in a debate "You will fail" is very prideful. Really, it comes across in a very negative fashion.
[/quote]

Good. That is part of the tactic. And if you had any real understanding of debate, you'd see that you are failing it. Good, you are learning.

The error in Bible Study is that if the exegesis is incorrect, because of lack of knowledge, then it converts no one, but misleads him/her. Ironically, I am a Bible believeing Christian as well. If you'd take the time to read my posts, you'd see that I either directly quote Sacred Scripture or refer to it very often. However, the Sacred Scriptures are only part of the deposit of faith not the sum.

[quote name='Budge' post='1073736' date='Sep 24 2006, 12:12 PM']
Really, it comes across in a very negative fashion.
[/quote]

Please put a warning next time you post such stuff... I fell off my chair and it hurt.

Edited by CatholicCid

[quote]
The error in Bible Study is that if the exegesis is incorrect, because of lack of knowledge, then it converts no one, but misleads him/her. Ironically, I am a Bible believeing Christian as well. If you'd take the time to read my posts, you'd see that I either directly quote Sacred Scripture or refer to it very often. [u]However, the Sacred Scriptures are only part of the deposit of faith not the sum.[/u]
[/quote]

The underlined part is where we disagree.

Gods Word is my guide, you have all these other competing guides so oftentimes dispute what God's Word DIRECTLY says.

We, too, believe in the authority of God's Word-- the written word and the oral word handed down in tradition. (So did the apostles, by the way...)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1073747' date='Sep 24 2006, 02:22 PM']
The underlined part is where we disagree.

Gods Word is my guide, you have all these other competing guides so oftentimes dispute what God's Word DIRECTLY says.
[/quote]
No, you simply do not understand what God's word says. At your level of understanding, even the Bible contradicts itself. It is like a woman who has very tan legs and very white arms. A coworker sees a contradiction, but her husband sees deeper and knows where the lines are drawn.

Interesting, the husband/coworker analogy really works on so many levels.

The Bible agrees that the Bible is not the only source, by the way.

Edited by Raphael

[quote name='Raphael' post='1073762' date='Sep 24 2006, 01:32 PM']
Interesting, the husband/coworker analogy really works on so many levels.
[/quote]
:hehehe:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1073764' date='Sep 24 2006, 02:34 PM']
:hehehe:
[/quote]
Seriously...it does. The Church knows the Scriptures much more intimately than anyone else.

I think the best analogy is church as the bride which is the language scripture uses...

Who is the harlot, cheating with other lovers? Who loves the world more then Christ?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1073768' date='Sep 24 2006, 02:36 PM']
I think the best analogy is church as the bride which is the language scripture uses...

Who is the harlot, cheating with other lovers? Who loves the world more then Christ?
[/quote]
Fair enough. It's just an analogy. The woman can be the Church and the man can be Christ. The Church knows Christ better because she knows Him intimately.

As regards your question, the Church loves Christ far more than the world. That is why she is willing to sustain the blows of anti-Catholic persons like yourself who would crucify Christ again.