An Old School Catholic Message Board

Healthcare The Capitalist Way

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1069899' date='Sep 22 2006, 12:32 AM']
Wal Mart shot themselves in the foot for getting rid of law a ways. It will take time.... it will take time.
[/quote]

Many major retail chains discontinued layaway programs long ago - the program has become a collective financial loss for many companies
Some retail chains are continuing layaway programs for Christmas shopping only …but the overall profitability is risky.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1071848' date='Sep 22 2006, 06:37 PM']
Layaways? Those are a thing of the past... with everyone being issued a new credit card every other week, who needs layaway?
[/quote]
true

[quote name='Era Might' post='1069517' date='Sep 21 2006, 07:14 PM']
People seem to be misunderstanding.

My diversion had nothing to do with Wal-Mart offering cheap prescriptions.

I was responding to Lounge Daddy's comment about big business, and its relatedness to the conservative loathedness (is that a word?) of big government.

I think it's great that people will be able to buy cheap prescriptions. It beats organizing trips to Canada.

But then again, I think it's great that single mothers are able to apply for welfare.
[/quote]

I sincerely apologize, Era – I’ve simply been belligerent in some of my responses rather than honest rational and sincere

Naturally I trust a free market capitalist answer to a government answer…
So yes, people can purchase their necessities at an affordable price at Wal-Mart

Also, yes single mothers and anyone else can apply for government coverage via government welfare if they wish, and even become dependant on it…
And I am also free to despise that.

the news of WAL*MART being competitive has drawn other stores like Target to also do the same with Target pharmacies.
Isn’t the free market beautiful?

The diff between big business and big gov is you can choose if you want to spend your $$ w/ big business, you can't choose how big gov spends YOUR $$ that it takes from you. If big business don't meet the customer's needs, it'll go out of business. If big gov don't meet the customer's needs, next year it'll take more of your money and fund another program.

Edited by Anomaly