An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charging Children As Adults

catholicinsd

[quote name='Raphael' post='1071335' date='Sep 22 2006, 12:53 PM']
No, I was in training last semester...but it wasn't the same. Different environments (I had other RA's as coworkers, it wasn't me by myself with the resident coordinator), different duties (only one duty night per week in training, and none of the other hours used for planning, activities, and such), and a different school workload (I'm a senior, so it got kicked up a lot this year...more than I expected).

Wow...they actually lost their pay? That's just unfair. I'd sue, to be honest.

Anyway, the RA job at Franciscan, particularly at the dorm I was in, is not worth the 80% off room and board they give you. I was really coming unglued and people could tell (they'd seriously stop me in the middle of campus and tell me I looked like the living dead).
Oh, by the way, I was willing to put in morning hours, but my boss wouldn't let me. She said I needed to spend all my hours of "around the dorm time" in the evenings, preferably during the school week (which comes to 4 hours of dorm time every night, Monday-Friday, unconditionally and inflexibly).
[/quote]
dude, I don't want to ruin things for you, but after a certain point RAs at my school just stopped working and it was grand. We turned in paperwork but half the time it was just to turn in paperwork. The school didn't even burn down. The students didn't want to do events, so we just had them sign attendance sheets. It worked pretty well.
so, you were tied to your dorm 5 nights a week? That's BS. We had duty night every two weeks, and that was hard enough. Course, I was in a six story, two wing building.
It sounds like you were micromanaged to death.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='1071371' date='Sep 22 2006, 01:46 PM']
It sounds like you were micromanaged to death.
[/quote]
Pretty much, yeah. I'd say that's about the best way to put it.

Anyway, back to the original topic...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1071605' date='Sep 22 2006, 04:43 PM']
Original Topic:

Don't wet yourself and complain about the weather.
[/quote]
Fair enough.