An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicism And Demonology

Jesuspaidtheprice

Jesuspaidtheprice

It depresses me that the dredges of humanity actually require such to be said, as if it were not obvious. Whatever differences there may be between Catholic/Protestants/Orthodox/Other Religions proposing that the Catholic Church is somehow a 'false religion that was founded by a demon' is at its very best misinformed absurdity. I will do my best to "keep it simple stupid".

Jesus as recorded for us in Matthew 12, reminds us that a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. In the ancient Nicene and Apostles Creeds, which Catholics profess and believe in states that:
[list]
[*]There is One God
[*]There are three persons in the one essence of God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
[*]God the Father is the creator of all that is
[*]Jesus Christ is the incarnate Son of God
[*]Jesus incarnate lived, was crucified, died, and was resurrected.
[*]Jesus Christ is God.
[*]The forgiveness of sins is required to be saved
[*]That it is God who is worshipped.
[*]Belief in the resurrection of the dead
[/list]
Now the Nicene Creed is packed with so much more, and a study of the council and early Christian life will aid the Christian in understanding where they come from and what being a Christian means amongst the early doctrinal debates in the Church. Along with all this they believe the Bible is the Word of God and is infallible as well as inerrant.

Now even a very light study of Catholicism, with even a little intellectual integrity mixed in will reveal there is no idolatry in the Church. (There is the argument that the worship of Christ within the context of the Eucharist is idolatry, but that is outside of the scope of this discussion. Just a little more study shows this is not the case either).

The witness of the Church of Satan also gives us clues about the Catholic Church. You can sometimes learn a lot just by knowing who the enemies are. Satanists will pay a great deal of money for a consecrated host for their, and yes they use the term, "black masses". The Satanic Churches are especially interested in the Catholic Church and seeing its destruction. One former Satanist, who was in the upper levels of the cult noted that she could not stay in a Catholic mass beyond the reading of the Gospel - she wasn't capable of it. It was eventually a priest who figured out that she was possessed and they were able to deliver her.

So, whatever disagreements their maybe, this accusation goes too far by even most conservative fundamentalists.

Usually possesed people cringe at anything Catholic, because Jesus is the eneny of Satan. i never understood the whole "Catholics are posessed and their church was founded by the devil" Apparently, it wasn't :)

Thanks for writing that post. It's something we all need to read :)

Jesuspaidtheprice

I only hope to inspire others to the study of history and scripture and to openly discuss, avoiding hostility when it isn't needed. ;)

The witness of the Church of Satan also gives us clues about the Catholic Church. You can sometimes learn a lot just by knowing who the enemies are. Satanists will pay a great deal of money for a consecrated host for their, and yes they use the term, "black masses". The Satanic Churches are especially interested in the Catholic Church and seeing its destruction. One former Satanist, who was in the upper levels of the cult noted that she could not stay in a Catholic mass beyond the reading of the Gospel - she wasn't capable of it. It was eventually a priest who figured out that she was possessed and they were able to deliver her.

So, whatever disagreements their maybe, this accusation goes too far by even most conservative fundamentalists.
[/quote]

I took a class about the history of Witchcraft and Witchhunts in Early Modern Europe and it states the same thing. Devil worshipers mimick the mass in order to defile it, and they do participate in Black Masses. I found that to be really interesting.