An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benedict Apologizes In Person

Budge

Actually this would have been a good opportunity to make a stand and say YOU NEED JESUS CHRIST. I know you may hate me for saying so but I want you all to go to heaven, and so Im going to tell you the truth.

The apostles got beaten up, whipped and some got killed for preaching the gospel. What is the lesson here the Pope has taught you? Apologize to false religions if you make them angry enough? The apostles never did. This doesnt mean induce violence but stand up for the truth. Paul didnt start saying "I didnt mean it' when they got the whips out on him.

{I pray if I am ever in the situation where I must make a stand for Christ and people are ready to commit violence against me, I stand steady}

But then thats never going to happen. Only true Christians will risk life and limb to tell people the truth. Every on fire true Christian who has preached in public or witnessed to Mormons, unbelievers, Wiccans and more, know there is always a risk even in America though it is somewhat less here, for being upfront with the gospel.

This is just more knuckling under to the PC interfaith gospel, compromising with false religions.

This is the trouble the Catholic Church has now gotten itself in with the false messages and wisdom of the world instead of God's commandments. The Pope has been more busy preaching "dont be violent" to a false religion where violence is commanded of them in the Koran {read the Koran and look up what it says infidels} rather then preaching the gospel. Focused on the things of this world rather then bringing Muslims to the saving gospel which would make them new creatures in Christ.

[quote]Pope Benedict Apologizes in Person for Muslim Offense (Update1)

By Andrew Frye and Jackie Andrews

Sept. 17 (Bloomberg) --[font="Arial Black"] [size=4]Pope Benedict XVI apologized in person today for causing offense to Muslims with a university lecture last week implicitly linking Islam to violence.[/size][/font]

``I am truly sorry for the reactions caused by a brief passage of my speech,'' the pope said from his Castel Gandolfo summer retreat in Italy. ``These were quotations from a medieval text that do not express in any way my personal opinion.''
[u]
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, which led demonstrations last week against the pope's remarks, called the apology a ``good step'' while urging the pontiff to make a further statement to clarify his personal view of Islam.[/u]

[size=4]The apology is the second for the pope in two days[/size] after a statement was released yesterday through the Vatican in which the pope reiterated his respect for Islam and said he was sorry his speech had been interpreted in a way he hadn't intended.

Late yesterday the Italian interior ministry asked police chiefs to raise the level of national security after Islamist groups threatened to attack the pope, the Vatican and Rome, in statements on the Internet, Agence France-Presse said today.

In Somalia, where there have been protests at the pope's speech, gunmen shot and killed an Italian nun today at a hospital in the capital Mogadishu, AFP said, citing witnesses. There was no clear motive for the attack, AFP said.

Brotherhood Response

``The problem is not the pope's statements now,'' said Abdel Gelil al-Sharnoubi, a spokesman for the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamic-based organization that's Egypt's biggest opposition force. ``It's about the racist views from Vatican circles toward the Muslim world.

``Such religious statements by the pope will be used in politics to justify the Western policies in the region that are biased against Muslims and Arabs. Unfortunately, his statements are pouring gas on fire,'' al-Sharnoubi said in an interview.

The Brotherhood is formally banned from Egyptian politics, but associates serve in parliament as independents, winning 88 of 454 seats in last year's parliamentary elections.

``The pope's statements today constitute a good step but they do not amount to a clear apology,'' said Mohamed Habib, the group's deputy leader, in a telephone interview in Cairo. ``Saying they were merely quotations raises questions about using these quotations in this context and at this point in time.''
[font="Arial Black"]
In Iran, faith schools were closed today in order to allow students to join rallies protesting against the pope's remarks, the Islamic Republic News Agency reported.
[/font]
`Radical Rejection'
[font="Arial Black"]
The pope's lecture was meant as a reflection on ``the relationship between religion and violence in general, and to conclude with a clear and radical rejection of the religious motivation for violence, from whatever side it may come,'' said yesterday's statement from the Vatican.[/font]

The speech, given on Sept. 12 at the University of Regensburg during a visit to Germany, had prompted Pakistan's parliament to call on the pontiff to retract his comments to avoid heightened conflict between Muslims and Christians.

Benedict began his address in Regensburg by quoting from a 14th-century dialogue between the Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus and an ``educated Persian.'' The two debate the merits of reason in Christianity and the Muslim concept of holy war. Manuel, who champions faith embedded in reason, is quoted as criticizing Islam with what Benedict called ``a startling brusqueness.''

`Evil and Inhuman'

``Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached,'' Benedict quoted the emperor as saying.

Benedict, who didn't weigh in on the specific value of Manuel's view of Islam, used the quote to open a discussion on the primacy of reason over violence. The speech is on the Vatican Web site.

The lecture was an invitation to a ``[size=4]frank and sincere dialogue with great reciprocal respect,'[/size]' the pope said today. ``I hope that this will placate spirits and clear up the true meaning of my speech.'' [/quote]

[url="http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601100&sid=av6o1F4J98Xg&refer=germany"]LINK[/url]

The PC interfaith gospel is based on false precepts. It is a FARCE, and this whole episode proves it. I hope this wakes up a few people to realize the Vatican doesnt have all the answers and they need to turn to God.

+

Hmmm.... The Pope isn't a real Christian... I am so offended by your logic I cannot respond.

:ohno:

All I can say is that your fundamental understanding of the sacrifices that blessed man makes for his Love of Jesus Christ and the Church Jesus Christ founded is sorely lacking. If you believe the Pope isn't involved in evangelization and bravely so, more than any other man on earth, I pity and wonder at your information. I urge you to go to the Vatican website and sign-up for the VIS service (Vatican Information Service), so that you can be apprised. :priest_halo: :bishop: :pope:

In the mean time I am deeply saddened and urge prayers for you.

:saint:

John Paul the Great~Pray for Us! All Papal Martyrs~Pray for Us!

In his effort to appease and calm down violent Islamics, he has only made the situation worse.

The Muslims know a few riots is all it will take to get Westerners now to buckle.

As I wrote elsewhere when they got the whips out on Paul he didnt start apologizing... and saying "I take it all back".

[size=5]When did apostles start apologizing for offending the people who whipped, stoned and killed them?[/size]

Rome doesnt hold the gospel, no Holy Spirit, no power, no courage to make a stand in front of evil.

I read the Vatican website and Zenit everyday...

The pope's do not evangelize they preach world peace via all the world's religions.

When did this Pope even tell these Muslims they needed Jesus Christ?

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1065114' date='Sep 17 2006, 12:38 PM']
As I wrote elsewhere when they got the whips out on Paul he didnt start apologizing... and saying "I take it all back".
[/quote]

Funny, H.H. Benedict didn't either.

Edited by CatholicCid

Fides_et_Ratio

the Pope apologized for OFFENDING the Muslims, not for saying what he said.

Budge, I'm telling you, read Benedict's XVI "Truth and Tolerance".. you will be tremendously surprised.

[img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/685000/images/_686526_tpopeflag300.jpg[/img]

What next, a demand that the Mass be rewritten in Arabic and the vestments be all in GREEN?

[quote][size=5]He apologized for the offense it caused [/size]people, not for speaking the truth. [/quote]

The BIBLE is supposed to be OFFENSIVE to unbelievers B16, didn't they teach you that in seminary?

[quote]1 Corinthians 1:22 (KJV) For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:[b]

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
[/b]
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:[/quote]

The Islamics HOWLED that someone said they were VIOLENT, they resorted to MORE VIOLENCE objecting that they were not...and the Vatican did what?

Rolled over and played dead, right on que.

[img]http://www.rarebeatles.com/sheetmu/smrollov.jpg[/img]

Edited by Eutychus

Justified Saint

Why is that the fundamentalists want to incite the Muslims to violence? Do they not regret the loss of human life?

I think the fundamentalists rather tend to understand the radical Muslims quite well.

Edited by Justified Saint

Actually the Muslims have learned a lesson, a few riots is all it takes to get PC Westerners to buckle.

I think more violence will be forthcoming, now that they have learned they can get the Pope apologizing over and over.

Jesuspaidtheprice

69 Now Peter was sitting outside in the courtyard. And a maid came up to him, and said, "You also were with Jesus the Galilean." 70 But he denied it before them all, saying, "I do not know what you mean." 71 And when he went out to the porch, another maid saw him, and she said to the bystanders, "This man was with Jesus of Nazareth." 72 And again he denied it with an oath, "I do not know the man." 73 After a little while the bystanders came up and said to Peter, "Certainly you are also one of them, for your accent betrays you." 74 Then he began to invoke a curse on himself and to swear, "I do not know the man." And immediately the pickle crowed. 75* And Peter remembered the saying of Jesus, "Before the pickle crows, you will deny me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly.

No Christian leader is perfect. This much is obvious. People in positions such as the Catholic pope typically know more about what is going on than you do, being fed information through the media. I don't know what his rational is behind his actions, if we even know truly, what his actions were, or if he is right or wrong. I can't claim to be knowledgable enough on the topic, nor was I there. I do know however from reading most of Benedicts works that he has a heart both for the Eastern Orthodox, Jews, and Muslims, and reaching them with the Gospel. I do know there is a time for everything. With most history we rarely know all that is going on (if we can ever know) until long after an event is over.

Will we have the Pope making a pilgrimage to Mecca next, to offer sacrifices at the Ka'abba?

That really is not so farfetched, you know. We had Buddhists putting the Buddah on the altar in Assisi, with the full knowledge and support of JPII. And we had the Hidu's offering a Hindu prayer service right IN THE CHAPEL at Fatima. We have seen the Catholic Church in Brussels Belgium, HAND OVER a dozen churches to Muslim Squatters, who have covered the Catholic idols with Green flags since idolatry is an offense to the sensitive muslim.

Frankly, I don't see one single solitary prelate with a man's spine in the clerical ranks.

[img]http://www.brusselsjournal.com/files/church-allah-1.jpg[/img]

[quote]Allah Takes Over Catholic Church
From the desk of Paul Belien on Sun, 2006-05-07 11:40

The Belgian Bishops have opened their churches to illegal immigrants in order to pressurize the Belgian authorities to allow the immigrants to stay in the country.

Most of the immigrant squatters in the churches are Muslims. They display banners in the church showing the name of Allah (picture taken in the church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, Brussels)

[url="http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/1053"]LINK[/url]

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/FatimaPix/HindFtm09.jpg[/img]

[/quote]The Hindu ritual — a ceremony to false gods —
desecrates the Fatima Shrine, making it necessary for the chapel
to be re-consecrated.[quote]

[url="http://www.traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/g08htHindusAtFatima_Vennari.html"]LINK[/url]

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images%20(101-200)/169_BuddhaAssisi01.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images%20(101-200)/169_BuddhaAssisi03.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/Images%20(101-200)/169_BuddhaAssisi05.JPG[/img]

[quote]
A statue of Buddha over the Tabernacle in Assisi

On October 27, 1986, with due permission of John Paul II, the Dalai Lama and Tibetan Buddhist monks of his sect placed a small statue of Buddha over the tabernacle of St. Peter Church in Assisi. The statue was encased in a glass cylinder, as shown above.

In front of the tabernacle, below, first row, was a censer in the shape of a lotus flower and to its left, a small banner with Buddhist inscriptions. Two pagan religious books were placed on either side of the tabernacle along with candles that burned in honor of the idol.

On the second row below, Buddhist monks adored the idol, and prayed that all "may soon attain the state of Buddha."

Isn't this sacrilege the "abomination of the desolation" placed in the sacred place? [/quote]

[url="http://www.traditioninaction.org/RevolutionPhotos/A169rcBuddhaAssisi.htm"]LINK[/url]

Edited by Eutychus

[quote]
Frankly, I don't see one single solitary prelate with a man's spine in the clerical ranks.[/quote]

me either.

Im sorry but the constant compromise with false religions has nothing to do with Christianity.

The Vatican doesnt have the gospel, they have the gospel of interfaithism, PC, moral relativism.

Taking a strong stand for truth just doesnt happen in those type of circles.

Ironically, from what I read, the target of the Pope's original remarks was secularism and the need to include faith with reason.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1065122' date='Sep 17 2006, 01:44 PM']
What next, a demand that the Mass be rewritten in Arabic and the vestments be all in GREEN?
[/quote]

Well, since Mass is available in the vernacular, I'm sure there already is Mass being said in Arabic.

Also, green vestments are used during a good porrtion of the year already.

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/Norseman82/lastweek.jpg[/img]

Edited by Norseman82

Fides_et_Ratio

If only Budge would read "Truth and Tolerance", I might take her assertions against the Pope more seriously. Like the Muslims, Budge wants to take the Pope's words out of context.

OK, the paperwork defense AGAIN?

Bennie had a PRIMO CHANCE to actually ACT like a TRUE SUCCESSOR TO PETER AND PAUL.

What did he do? Rolled over, and came out swinging with APOLOGIES for daring to NOTE that they ARE A VIOLENT PEOPLE, and they DID spread ISLAM with the sword.

And YOUR DEFENSE of him, is he issued a term paper?

I can see it now..[size=5].HEADLINES, AD 54
[/size]
[color="#000099"][i][b]"Paul apologized to mob in Ephesus, crowd yelled for HOURS when Paul shut down the idol business. Apostle said he "was sorry" that his message that Jesus was the ONLY WAY was NEVER meant to denigrate the Temple of Diana, and the Silversmiths and was taken out of context."[/b][/i][/color]

[quote]Acts 19:23 (KJV) And the same time there arose no small stir about that way.
[color="#660000"]
[b]24 For a certain [man] named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;

25 Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.

26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.

28 And when they heard [these sayings], they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great [is] Diana of the Ephesians.[/b]
[/color]
[u]29 And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.

30 And when Paul would have entered in unto the people, the disciples suffered him not.

31 And certain of the chief of Asia, which were his friends, sent unto him, desiring [him] that he would not adventure himself into the theatre.

32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.[/u]

33 And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defence unto the people.
[size=5]
34 But when they knew that he was a Jew, [u]all with one voice about the space of two hours cried out,[/u] Great [is] Diana of the Ephesians.[/size]

35 And when the townclerk had appeased the people, he said, [Ye] men of Ephesus, what man is there that knoweth not how that the city of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddess Diana, and of the [image] which fell down from Jupiter?

36 Seeing then that these things cannot be spoken against, ye ought to be quiet, and to do nothing rashly.

37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.

38 Wherefore if Demetrius, and the craftsmen which are with him, have a matter against any man, the law is open, and there are deputies: let them implead one another.

39 But if ye enquire any thing concerning other matters, it shall be determined in a lawful assembly.

40 For we are in danger to be called in question for this day's uproar, there being no cause whereby we may give an account of this concourse.

41 And when he had thus spoken, he dismissed the assembly.[/quote]

Edited by Eutychus