An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blind Obedience Is A Bad Thing

Budge

I think you've gotten an advance copy. They're not selling your version in Catholic bookstores.

As for the infallible teaching, I believe the Bible when it says that with God, all things are possible.

Call me an optimist.

[quote name='Budge' post='1065231' date='Sep 17 2006, 04:17 PM']
Satan works by mixing truth and lies together.
[/quote]
The essence of Budge's and Eutychus' posts.

Why do fundi's, who dont even agree with themselves. Let alone agree with the majority of protestants who claim the same sola scripture simple understand, claim that it is so easy to understand and come to the proper understanding. Are you saying you and your divine great understanding is better than Thomas, Calvin or origen? All of them had a very different understanding of romans. Shouldnt the truth be sooooo easy? Even within your own precious community you can not decide a universal doctrine of sexual morals (AG and a few others wouldnt sign) cant decide what scripture says about music(some say it is sinful in service) how does communion work and what does it mean? How is that OSAS doing? and many other issues...

oh, the holy spirit told you the bible is the authority it is. (instead of bible insert, Book of Mormon, Korean, playboy or any other holy books) does this appeal actually work in your world? The average trained protestant would have tried some historical criticism at least. Not some hippy experience

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Winchester' post='1066197' date='Sep 18 2006, 06:24 PM']
Who actually wrote the words in the Bible?
[/quote]

Well it couldn't have been men Winchester, because Scripture is infallable, and Man cannot be infallable--- even when inspired by God.

It's sort of like the old verbal volleyball we played on micchaelmoore's board.

Sweet. Got the kid a souvenir from Dallas--a light up firetruck pin, plus a Dallas patch. Heard what he said about the truck fire.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Winchester' post='1066291' date='Sep 18 2006, 08:18 PM']
It's sort of like the old verbal volleyball we played on micchaelmoore's board.

Sweet. Got the kid a souvenir from Dallas--a light up firetruck pin, plus a Dallas patch. Heard what he said about the truck fire.
[/quote]

Yeah it does remind me of the old days on Michaelmoore.
I am sure the kid will love them --- thanks.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1066711' date='Sep 19 2006, 02:40 PM']
I reckon.

Budge is on a vacation. How wonderful for her. I hope she enjoys it.
[/quote]

Her board seems to be active. Perhaps she had her questions answered or is more comfortable with her fellow Christians.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1066575' date='Sep 19 2006, 09:07 AM']
Budge is on a short "vacation"
[/quote]

Did you book her on a one-way or a round-trip?