An Old School Catholic Message Board

A New Crusade

rkwright

A New Crusade  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1064903' date='Sep 17 2006, 03:09 AM']
The UN is pretty scary to me....a useless world organization completely whitewashed by political correctness? The worst part is that Europe puts so much stock in it...Someday it will be kinda like the EU, except encompassing the entire globe (at least, those countries that have joined it)...that is, if we continue to be members. We haven't made the UN too happy in recent years, actually that makes ME kinda happy...
[/quote]

I would throw the EU in there also as a target ;), but then we'd be WAY undermanned :D:.

[quote name='Rick777' post='1064906' date='Sep 17 2006, 03:11 AM']
I'm not saying that the UN isn't without issues, I'm saying that Muslims do have a big effect on us...
[/quote]

And they could be a target as well. However I was just saying I don't think they are even close to the biggest thing the Church has to worry about. Just because the Muslims are open about their willingness to use force doesn't make them any more dangerous than the much stronger organizations who are being secretive.

Laudate_Dominum

Just some figures to ponder:

Including reserves and paramilitary forces the largest Muslim military is that of Iran at 1,770,000 troops. Pakistan is probably in second place at 1,449,000.

At first glance these types of figures might be intimidating but remember that Pakistan's worst enemy is India who has 3,773,300 troops, far more than Iran and Pakistan combined.

Israel has some 576,000, and Italy another 438,800. I remember seeing plenty of Brazilians at WYD in Rome which calls to mind the fact that they have an impressive 1,687,600 troops at their disposal.

Finally the U.S. forces (active, reserve and paramilitary) comes in around 2,369,239 strong.

Laudate_Dominum

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_active_troops"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_count...f_active_troops[/url]

Laudate_Dominum

I say we enlist some Catholic Ronin to help out the Swiss Guard.

[img]http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/ukiyo-e/images/8655s.jpg[/img]

[img]http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/rekius/ronin.jpg[/img]

[img]http://oelie.antville.org/static/oelie/images/samurai.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.japanische-kultur.de/img/samurai.jpg[/img]

[img]http://java.nationalgeographic.com/studentatlas/clickup/images/samurai.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1064815' date='Sep 17 2006, 02:59 AM']
I assume Era's avatar says it all.
[/quote]

:lol:

"era might" ...silly stuff

what the Muslim world needs is missionaries not more war, violence and killing. While I do believe there is need for people to defend themselves, the last thing this world needs is another crusade. Many believe that the NWO desires a full-out global war of civilizations. I suppose nothing would make Satan happier. I beleive this is in Bible Prophecy. the ME very likely is going to explode in total out war and probably the entire world--which is predicted in Revelation , this is just the continued evil taking over the planet as we get closer to the Tribulation.

I wish those trillions of dollars could have been spent on sending missionaries, and Bibles and the gospel to the ME...That is what they need.

Political correctness, and interreligious dialogue have failed.

God's plan would have been the one that worked, holding to and preaching the gospel, but sinful man followed his own wisdom yet again.

It seems to me, that the present administration is going to be very pleased to have legions of Catholic men willing to sign up to go 'defend' the Pope for the next ME war. {war with Iran?}

[quote name='Budge' post='1064975' date='Sep 17 2006, 10:17 AM']
what the Muslim world needs is missionaries not more war, violence and killing. While I do believe there is need for people to defend themselves, the last thing this world needs is another crusade. Many believe that the NWO desires a full-out global war of civilizations. I suppose nothing would make Satan happier. I beleive this is in Bible Prophecy. the ME very likely is going to explode in total out war and probably the entire world--which is predicted in Revelation , this is just the continued evil taking over the planet as we get closer to the Tribulation.

I wish those trillions of dollars could have been spent on sending missionaries, and Bibles and the gospel to the ME...That is what they need.

Political correctness, and interreligious dialogue have failed.

God's plan would have been the one that worked, holding to and preaching the gospel, but sinful man followed his own wisdom yet again.
It seems to me, that the present administration is going to be very pleased to have legions of Catholic men willing to sign up to go 'defend' the Pope for the next ME war. {war with Iran?}
[/quote]
While I don't think this is the start of the Second Coming, I do agree with Budge. We are the religion of peace Islam claims to be. It would be hypocritical to jump in there guns a-blazing shouting "Obey the Prince of Peace or we'll slaughter you!" That would just make us radical Muslims of another faith. Remember that old hymn, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be given onto you." What we need is prayer, fasting, and repentence. Then we will have peace.

As the only phatmasser to ever shoot somebody(s) (hopefully) let me say that you do not want to promote war as an intital option.

the problem with this topic is a lack of knowledge on the crusades. Remember, the church was not fighting a war over theology. The church in her state was the State. She was the civic policitcal power in charge of lower europe which was getting raided from the moor and muslim worlds. As a political power she acted. But it was in defense of the political state. Now, the church is not a civic power,thus she does not carry the civic burden of war defense.

Dr.Cavenaugh of St.thomas wrote a great book called "Theopolitical Imagination"and he covers this topic.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1064832' date='Sep 17 2006, 03:22 AM']
Benedict's remarks weren't anything more than a proclamation of Truth. They were not a call to arms, but rather a call for the radical Muslims to lay down theirs.
[/quote]

Aye, I doubt very much the Church will ever condone any war after the crusades…
in fact it was the disastrous unintended side-effects of the crusades that has lead the church to never officially condone any war since that time.

Be that as it may – the Islamofascists DO see this as a holy war, like it or not.
I’m fighting, with my rosary beads… we all should.

[quote name='Era Might' post='1064826' date='Sep 17 2006, 02:13 AM']
aalph,

I wasn't speaking of anyone personally, certainly not you. Just to clarify.

It's just the whole attitude of even bringing up a crusade that irks me to no end.

What we need now is firm faith and charity in response to our enemies. We need to get this idea out of our head that violence between Christians and Muslims will solve our problems.

We need what the early martyrs had in the face of paganism. The witness of love incarnate in Jesus Christ. The Church will always triumph in the end, but if we do it the right way, it will be a lot smoother. The Israelites wanted to do things their way, so they wandered 40 years in the desert before they got to the promised land.
[/quote]

Era, didn't mean to offend you with this topic. I whole heartedly agree with you, but reading through the other topic I was interested in what the phatmassers were thinking.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1064919' date='Sep 17 2006, 04:36 AM']
Just some figures to ponder:

Including reserves and paramilitary forces the largest Muslim military is that of Iran at 1,770,000 troops. Pakistan is probably in second place at 1,449,000.

At first glance these types of figures might be intimidating but remember that Pakistan's worst enemy is India who has 3,773,300 troops, far more than Iran and Pakistan combined.

Israel has some 576,000, and Italy another 438,800. I remember seeing plenty of Brazilians at WYD in Rome which calls to mind the fact that they have an impressive 1,687,600 troops at their disposal.

Finally the U.S. forces (active, reserve and paramilitary) comes in around 2,369,239 strong.
[/quote]
Pakistan has a nuke though...

Edited by thedude

[quote name='thedude' post='1064808' date='Sep 17 2006, 08:51 AM']
Do you disagree with the poll results?
[/quote]
Me yes, i was a soldier (Served in the army was obligatory in Spain). Various friends were in the war of Bosnia, they counted me the atrocities committed for all (catholics, orthodox and muslims) with the religion as excuse.