An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well We Never Gave Trent Her Crusade

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Ferocious Badger' post='1065594' date='Sep 17 2006, 10:52 PM']
[img]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2768/1150320684048bc2.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

I've been ready for a Crusade, I didnt write those two songs for nothin'!

[quote name='Socrates' post='1065475' date='Sep 17 2006, 09:15 PM']
Don John!
Where you been, brother?

Plenty of infidels around here in need of a good hammering!
[/quote]

Yeah I've missed ya Don John!!

Don John of Austria

Akalyte and Socrates

Thank you for your kind words, I'll try and be around a bit more often, I have just been absurdly busy between work and family and Grad school. Anyway, I have noticed after 4 or 5 years that phatmass can seem to take a lot of time, I tend to not be willing to let things go--- not that you guys ever would have seen that part of me ^_^. Anyway< I will try to stop buy more often but I can't promis much till spring.

Don John of Austria

I really haven't had much time to compose a list of fighting bishops but this should do as a start.

St. Emilian of Autun (Bishop of Autun) -- 8th century France

Absalon bishop of Roskilde, later Archbishop of Lund and
Sweyn, bishop of Aarhus, both 12th century Danish Bishops.

Anthony Bek Bishop of Durham, late 13th and early 14th century England

Sir Henry Spenser, Bishop of Norwich 14th century

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1066164' date='Sep 18 2006, 05:45 PM']
I really haven't had much time to compose a list of fighting bishops but this should do as a start.
St. Emilian of Autun (Bishop of Autun) -- 8th century France

Absalon bishop of Roskilde, later Archbishop of Lund and
Sweyn, bishop of Aarhus, both 12th century Danish Bishops.

Anthony Bek Bishop of Durham, late 13th and early 14th century England

Sir Henry Spenser, Bishop of Norwich 14th century
[/quote]

Oh I forgot to mention St. Emilian was killed in battle while fighting the Mohammedians. And before he took the sword he was not that remarkable a man, it was is sacrifices on the battlefield and acceptance of death with courage and honor which earned him a cult of veneration. At his last battle, before the walls of his city, he cried out" Lord in to Thy hands I commend my spirit", and charged into the melee. Hardly a pacifist pope.

I'm not going to lie, im very angry at the Muslims (not just terrorists)I'm not making any distinctions, because there are none). They have been waging these jihad's since their birth.

They complain about the crusades, the Crusades were not on the offensive, they were on the defensive. Islam was trying to take over all the Christian and Jewish lands.

I dont plan on being peaceful if a Muslim comes near me. He/she will hear it.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1067053' date='Sep 19 2006, 06:55 PM']
I'm not going to lie, im very angry at the Muslims (not just terrorists)I'm not making any distinctions, because there are none). They have been waging these jihad's since their birth.[/quote]
Okay, but I'm pretty sure you are at odds with the Catechism by saying that. Or at least common sense.

I'd like to know where you get your insider info about what a "true" Muslim is.

I was mad when I said that. I usually lose common sense when angry. I have already confessed my hostilities toward islam and have done penance.

Edited by Akalyte

[quote name='XIX' post='1073993' date='Sep 24 2006, 05:04 PM']
Okay, but I'm pretty sure you are at odds with the Catechism by saying that. Or at least common sense.

I'd like to know where you get your insider info about what a "true" Muslim is.
[/quote]
I would say a "true Muslim" is one that actually follows Muhammed and the teachings written in the Koran. Muhammed and his immediate successors spread their religion by violent military conquest, and the Koran explicitely promotes Jihad.

There may very well be peaceful non-violent Muslims out there, but it is the Jihadists and so-called "extremists," rather than the non-violent moderates, that are staying most true to the original teachings of Muhammed and Islam.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1074028' date='Sep 24 2006, 05:36 PM']
I would say a "true Muslim" is one that actually follows Muhammed and the teachings written in the Koran. Muhammed and his immediate successors spread their religion by violent military conquest, and the Koran explicitely promotes Jihad.

There may very well be peaceful non-violent Muslims out there, but it is the Jihadists and so-called "extremists," rather than the non-violent moderates, that are staying most true to the original teachings of Muhammed and Islam.
[/quote]
I suppose...

See, it's hard to say because Islam doesn't have a Magesterium. The difference (or one of the differences) between Jihadists and peaceful Muslims is personal interpretation.

Oh snap, see where personal interpretation gets you? :D: