An Old School Catholic Message Board

Swiss Guards ~ Put On Your Armor & Clean The Glocks!

Eutychus

~~~ B-16 Rolls Over ~~~ Beg's Forgiveness ~~~Not Enough? ~~~

[url="http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-09-17T103810Z_01_L16121346_RTRUKOC_0_UK-POPE-ISLAM.xml&pageNumber=1&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage1"]More VIDEO CLIPS HERE[/url]

[i]{ Frankly, what the Popes/Bishops have said about Evangelicals/Pentecostals, calling us "sects" etc is far far worse....should evangelicals now start rioting against the Vatican in Latin America, since it is now established, that if you burn enough effigeies of the pope, and threaten the cash flow, yoiu will be rewarded?[/i]}

Edited by Eutychus

[quote]First thing you do, is call the printers, and have #841 removed from the CCC of the Catholic Church.

no kidding.[/quote]

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~Kona_Kane/Smilies/clapping.gif[/img][img]http://home.comcast.net/~Kona_Kane/Smilies/clapping.gif[/img]

Catechism of the Catholic Church

#841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, i[size=5][u]n the first place amongst whom are the Muslims;[/u] [/size]these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

Looks to me they have some editing to do...

a total rewrite of Nostra Aetate?

[quote]3. [size=4]The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems[/size]. [size=5]They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,[/size](5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

Since in the course of centuries not a few quarrels and hostilities have arisen between Christians and Moslems, this sacred synod urges all to forget the past and to work sincerely for mutual understanding and to preserve [size=4]as well as to promote together for the benefit of all mankind social justice and moral welfare, as well as peace and freedom. [/size][/quote]

The only thing that will work on Muslims is to witness Christ to them and bring them out of the bondage of a false religion.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1064638' date='Sep 17 2006, 12:42 AM']
Goodness. I rather think I'm pretty PRO POPE in this thread, telling him to grow a spine, put on his holy undies, and stand tall and ACT LIKE A POPE for goodness sake.

Tell me, does having a whimp running your outfit instill confidence in you?
[/quote]

1. You will stop right now and behave.

2. You appear frustrated that everyone is conversing with you instead of reacting to you. So you are seeking to push a button and hoping for explosions. Something one might see in a child having a tantrum.

3. My Holy Father, Benedict XVI has all he needs [along with all of our prayers] to lead The Church. I trust that God in His Wisdom, knows what He is doing by choosing Pope Benedict to lead us.

4. Your silly remarks about our Pope's private clothing will not be dignified with a response. It is my hope that you focus on matters other than someone's private wear in the future.

5. You do not see the entire picture as the Pope does. You may have the concern of neighbors on your shoulders but he has the concerns of the world on his.

6. Go on a pilgrimage to Rome. Go to Mass at St Peter's, enjoy the art, the history, the city. It will give you a chance to see the faith you've been studying up close.

[quote]
3. My Holy Father, Benedict XVI has all he needs [along with all of our prayers] to lead The Church. I trust that God in His Wisdom, knows what He is doing by choosing Pope Benedict to lead us.
[/quote]

What if the Pope isnt chosen by God and you are following a false leader?

The muslims believe their immans speak for God.

The Mormons believe their prophet can never be wrong.

The reason the Pope is in all his latest trouble, is following the ways of man, compromising with false religions, they will turn around and bite you.

Edited by Budge

[quote]6. Go on a pilgrimage to Rome. Go to Mass at St Peter's, enjoy the art, the history, the city. It will give you a chance to see the faith you've been studying up close. [/quote]

I have been there, THREE TIMES already.

Got that T shirt, and the trinkets to prove it.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1064692' date='Sep 17 2006, 01:09 AM']
Give me a sword and a shield with a cross on it and im ready...[/quote]

amen brother

[quote name='Budge' post='1065080' date='Sep 17 2006, 01:54 PM']
What if the Pope isnt chosen by God and you are following a false leader?

The muslims believe their immans speak for God.

The Mormons believe their prophet can never be wrong.

The reason the Pope is in all his latest trouble, is following the ways of man, compromising with false religions, they will turn around and bite you.
[/quote]

The Pope is chosen by God. I have no doubts at all. What others may believe, is of their choosing. What I believe is The Truth. It is a beautiful thing to rest in the peace of His Truth.

How do we know that the pope is in "trouble"? We know what the media is stirring up, but I sincerely doubt that The Holy Father is "in trouble" with anyone. What must be remembered here is that there are those who are always looking to be angry. If they seek hard enough, they will eventually find a reason.

Our Holy Father is just that...a Father. He reaches out to all children, even to these muslims who are angry. Remember it is very easy to love those who are agreeable but you must love those who hate you also.

God Bless you Budge on this Sunday. I hope your church service was a beautiful one!

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1065186' date='Sep 17 2006, 03:51 PM']
I have been there, THREE TIMES already.

Got that T shirt, and the trinkets to prove it.
[/quote]

I know this is waaaay off-topic but...

Did you see the Pieta??? Wow! I had seen it in pictures, but until I was face-to-face with it, I never could have imagined the beauty. I was fortunate to go in the "rainy" season so there were no tourists. I went to Mass at the altar of...Ok let me get this straight...The Chair of Peter I think? It was a side altar and in Latin, so beautiful. I went to all the big churches and confession at one. It was such a beautiful pilgrimage. My heart was so overjoyed. We were so privileged to be at the Sunday greeting and blessing of JPII--this was but a few months befor his death.

I hope your pilgrimages were just as beautiful as mine!