An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Faith Are You?

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

What closest describe you  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1061824' date='Sep 12 2006, 08:06 PM']
Yeah!! Why isn't Eutychus's church of The Western Branch of American Reform Presbylutheranism listed?!?!
Unbelievable
[/quote]
truly an amazing episode

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1062065' date='Sep 12 2006, 10:35 PM']
Baptized Baptist, but I was attending a Messanic congregation.
[/quote]

+

Brought into a love for Jesus through the "non-denominational" aka evangelical/baptist, for which I am forever grateful.

However, I continued my journey home to the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church HE established (Catholic, Roman), in 2002. :D:

Edited by Veritas

I am a CHRISTIAN...

that happens to attend an indpt Baptist church.

:cool:

I know Rome does not view my church either as a valid church. Says as much in Iesus Dominus. The word they use to play that game is SECT. {used to refer to non-denoms, Baptists, Pentes, Bible Christians}

Reading some of the stuff about SECTS, is pretty revealing, it kind of strips the pretty paint off the seperated brethern stuff...

[quote]
Some of the aggressive Protestant sects are targeting not only non-Christians but also other Christian sects. During his visit to the Dominican Republic in South America in October 1992, Pope John Paul II said that he must protect his flock from the ‘wolves’ of evangelical Protestantism wooing Latin Americans away from the Roman Catholic Church. As shepherd to Latin America’s 395 million Roman Catholics, the Pope said he must “take care of the sheep who have been put in my care and protect them from rapacious wolves.” (Houston Chronicle, October 13, 1992.) The question to be asked of the Pope is if the Protestant missionaries are wolves in South America, do they not belong to the same category in India?[/quote]

I'm Roman Catholic, of the Sedevacantist philosophy. Not that this last part is something I feel should have to be mentioned (it should be sufficient to call oneself a Catholic and that alone), but I do to distinguish myself from the rest of those here who also call themselves Catholic.

Edited by goldenchild17

Roman catholicism has denominations with its ranks as well...

Progressive Catholicism

Novus Ordo Catholicism

Trad still within the system--Indult Mass attending.

Trad outside the system...Sedevancantist.'

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Budge' post='1062280' date='Sep 13 2006, 10:50 PM']Trad outside the system...Sedevancantist.'

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

If we're outside the system then we are not of that church ;). Compare apples to apples. You can use liberal Novus Ordo, Traditional indult, conservative Novus Ordo. Those are all different philosophies trying to get along under one Church.

Sedevacantists are another thing. They don't affiliate with that Church at all. Make sure you are staying consistent. It's no different really than saying A branch of conservative Calvinist church is a part of the same denomination as a liberal Unitarian church.

Hey I think Sedevancantists are consistent at least to admit the Popes have changed some of those teachings {especially regarding other religions} since Pius XII.

Anyhow who do you think is really Pope?

It isnt Pope Michael is it?

[url="http://www.vaticaninexile.com/home.html"]http://www.vaticaninexile.com/home.html[/url]

Anyhow I wish I could understand the psychology that leads on to stay Catholic after realizing the Vatican has gone off the rails....

I'm done with Popes.

Remember I said I easily could have gone the Trad and Sedevancantist way< except I had been born again, and now follow Gods Word as my authority.

I even used to post some of my protests on a Catholic Trad board against Catholic interfaith movement, they liked my posts. I used to ask them why are you folks follow men you KNOW are apostates of the Trad ones who werent sede, and asked the Sedes, why even bother with popes anymore?

Edited by Budge

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Budge' post='1062172' date='Sep 13 2006, 07:11 PM']
I am a CHRISTIAN...

that happens to attend an indpt Baptist church.

:cool: [/quote]

Well, I saved and Christian who happens to be Roman Catholic. :saint:

[quote name='Budge' post='1062172' date='Sep 13 2006, 07:11 PM']
I know Rome does not view my church either as a valid church. Says as much in Iesus Dominus. The word they use to play that game is SECT. {used to refer to non-denoms, Baptists, Pentes, Bible Christians}

Reading some of the stuff about SECTS, is pretty revealing, it kind of strips the pretty paint off the seperated brethern stuff...
[/quote]

:smokey: Yeah well, you acuse the Church founded by Christ, of being Satanic, dont see your point unless its a hipocrital point...

[quote]
smokey.gif Yeah well, you acuse the Church founded by Christ, of being Satanic, dont see your point unless its a hipocrital point...[/quote]

Hey Im being upfront with you with what I believe. I do sincerely believe it is the harlot...{you have plenty of Prot company as well in that mix}

This doesnt mean I believe you are Satanic, just that your leaders are false and not teaching you the truth.

Anyhow I only believe in unity in Jesus Christ between born again under the blood Christians.

Unity with false religions, and churches that do not teach salvation by faith and thus another gospel and another Christ, is not unity of God.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Budge' post='1062318' date='Sep 13 2006, 10:22 PM']
Hey Im being upfront with you with what I believe. I do sincerely believe it is the harlot...{you have plenty of Prot company as well in that mix}

This doesnt mean I believe you are Satanic, just that your leaders are false and not teaching you the truth.

Anyhow I only believe in unity in Jesus Christ between born again under the blood Christians.

Unity with false religions, and churches that do not teach salvation by faith and thus another gospel and another Christ, is not unity of God.
[/quote]

Everything I believe was tought to me by my "leaders" so if you called them Satanic then you call me that as well, and every other 1 billion catholics on earth.

The Catholic Church is not the "harlot", she is the Bride of Jesus Christ, and has been for 2,000 yrs, and you hate her, your hate blinds you so much that you fail to see the truth that I and others have offered you.

I have offered proof that the Bible is a Catholic book, and the Church still holds to the Apostles Canon while non-catholics do not have the fulliness of the written Word of God, and in fact reject it. While you have offered no logical counterpoint to prove otherwise. It seems very clear you are not here for our Salvation, or for truth but only to point out the hate you have for Holy Mother Church.

missionarybelle

I'm Catholic. and I happen to be completely in line with the magesterium. I don't think we should have to specify Roman Catholic because Catholic was the only term people used until the reformation.