An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mormon Or Roman Catholic ~ Can U Tell?

Eutychus

Moltmann gets accused of being a communist. But isnt. I have never heard a critical source site Moltmann as a left wing hippy.

He is known for having one of the more complete Christology writing series. Is the professor of systematic theology at Tubingen.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1065276' date='Sep 17 2006, 04:00 PM']
No, but I have laid concrete before.
[/quote]Dude,
You 'pour' concrete.
Block and brick and pipe and a layout are laid.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1062443' date='Sep 14 2006, 01:10 AM']
I have seen churches split over worship styles, youth activities and things to the level of carpet color. How can we expect them to properly understand a unity when they have been formed out of autonomy.

sorry if that comes across strong. I love my protestant friends and brothers and family members. I just think we play around too much. We need to represent. Why humor hate?
[/quote]

it is sad the things that people will split over now. Right before I came home to Rome. I had a few members join my Church, who had left their previous Church because they were squabling over whether a pitch pipe was ok to use during services. This particular family wasn't on a side and saw the :dunce: ness of it all, so they left.

Edited by PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Budge' post='1061480' date='Sep 12 2006, 05:27 PM']
Yeah Euch, it is sad how they always have to start playing the

YOURE A MEAN HATER, BIGOT, and ANTICATHOLIC!

game over and over and over again.

Its weird to me how Catholics since the 90s have picked up the techniques of all militant liberals {HOMOPHOBE! ring a bell?} to use in apologetics.

I always think it is the lamest approach on the planet.

I suppose that is Cognitive Dissonance in action, a defense mechanism that allows them to block out what we are saying.
[/quote]
fiddle faddle.

Edited by toledo_jesus

[quote]The issue isn't whether an individual can identify the errors of a co-religionist. Anyone can do that.

The question is, upon what authority can you assert your position? It all rests on your personal interpretation of the Bible. As an "independent" Baptist, the unwritten message is that you mean to distance yourself from "errant" mainline Baptists, and therefore divide from the Baptist view of the "body of Christ", the Church. No authority...no unity...no consistency...no substance. Those are the the difficulties I see in being in your position.[/quote]

[quote]it is sad the things that people will split over now. Right before I came home to Rome. I had a few members join my Church, who had left their previous Church because they were squabling over whether a pitch pipe was ok to use during services. This particular family wasn't on a side and saw the dunce.gif ness of it all, so they left.[/quote]

It is clear from the readings of the Gospel of John that pitch pipes are NOT allowed.

:topsy:

Can someone do a side by side of the eye of horus and the eye of cbs, which is the actual symbol on the church. It's more like the all seeing eye, which the masons do use.

I shall point out that the masons were founded after Christianity, so we must be careful in assigning meaning to symbols....

Although they have inherent meaning.

Budge, you goofed about the Eye of Horus thing. Unless there are variations, but I don't think there are.

There could be. I've been wrong before.

But I don't think so.

Here's an opportunity for you to expound upon your knowledge.

This eye symbol has long been a symbol in the East

from the site from whence this picture comes:
[quote]This is not God's eye as Catholics and Orthodox claim (Psalm 32:8: "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."). God forbids ANY image of him, therefore it cannot be his eye. This is the eye of Satan as written in Zechariah 11:17[/quote]

GREAT example of circular logic. Let's try to write that in order of its logic.
1 Catholics and Orthdox claim this is the eye of God
2 My interpretation of the Bible says God cannot be represented in image form
3 Therefore the Orthodox are not representing God with this eye

it's even more illogical than muslim fundamentalism!

in argument, you have to have the skill to be able to step back in humility and give the other side a chance to exist on its own terms, then you must critique it on its own terms where you think it is wrong. at least, that's the way logical people do it.

this eye is found on orthodox churches that far pre-date freemasonry, the symbol was used apart from any possible historic connection to the occult usage of the eye of horace, and this is just as rediculous as those who say the pope's a satanist for having a symbol of Peter's cross on his chair (upside down in humility saying he is not worthy to be crucified the same way as His savior)