An Old School Catholic Message Board

You'ze Wasn't "properly" Catechized !

Eutychus

[quote] You left? OK, good now you have to prove you are sooo much better than those Catholics over there so start doing all of these works.[/quote]

Moi?

Nope. I'm a lowlife sinner, bought with the blood, and undeserving of heaven. If I get there, it is ONLY on His merits, certainly not my life, which is a roadmap of what NOT to do, for the most part.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1063904' date='Sep 16 2006, 12:56 AM']Moi?

Nope. I'm a lowlife sinner, bought with the blood, and undeserving of heaven. If I get there, it is ONLY on His merits, certainly not my life, which is a roadmap of what NOT to do, for the most part.[/quote]Just curious, does Pentecostalism as a whole reject "eternal security" (aka OSAS) or does it not take a stand on the issue?

[quote name='DAF' post='1063889' date='Sep 16 2006, 12:37 AM']
What is "you'ze" a contraction of? :idontknow:
[/quote]

That's how they say "you guys" or "y'all" in the Midwest.

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1064201' date='Sep 16 2006, 10:43 AM']
Just curious, does Pentecostalism as a whole reject "eternal security" (aka OSAS) or does it not take a stand on the issue?
[/quote]
Eutychus is an Evangelical of the Kirk Cameron type, if memory serves. I do not think he is OSAS. Besides, the pentecostal churches are not always unified in what they believe anyway.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1063904' date='Sep 15 2006, 10:56 PM']
... I'm a lowlife sinner, bought with the blood, and undeserving of heaven. If I get there, it is ONLY on His merits, certainly not my life, which is a roadmap of what NOT to do, for the most part.
[/quote]
Sweet, now you are starting to talk like a Catholic again. :) I only wish you understood the word 'merit' a little more fully. We tend to understand the word 'merit' in three ways. The way you used it in your context means that everyone will go to heaven, whether or not they are Christians.
P.S. Statements like the one you made above convince people like me that you never truly understood the Catholic faith.

Edited by jswranch

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1060397' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:36 PM']
Despite 12 years of Catholic School, with ONLY Nuns and Priests as teachers { there were NO lay teachers in the day and age I went through the system } I hear that silly phrase over and over.
[/quote]

A nun or a priest teaching Catechism is in no way a guarantee that you will actually learn the faith. At times, they can be the worst instructors.

As for your poor RE, I do believe a catholic will have to answer before God for your misguiding.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1060397' date='Sep 10 2006, 05:36 PM']
Despite 12 years of Catholic School, with ONLY Nuns and Priests as teachers { there were NO lay teachers in the day and age I went through the system } I hear that silly phrase over and over.
[/quote]

A nun or a priest teaching Catechism is in no way a guarantee that you will actually learn the faith. At times, they can be the worst instructors.

As for your poor RE, I do believe a catholic will have to answer before God for your misguiding.