An Old School Catholic Message Board

Does Education Replace Wisdom?

Winchester

Wisdom is being able to use that education (knowledge) in daily life. And apply it to the law of love found in jesus Christ. I can have all the education in the world, but if i don't understand its use, what good is it.

[quote] Romans 1:19 (KJV) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[color="#660000"]
[b]21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became geniuses,[/b][/color]

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.[/quote]

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1059512' date='Sep 9 2006, 06:05 AM']
Let's see here....12 years of Catholic schools, and five years of studying RCism.

I daresay, that we know more about Catholicm than 90% of the laity snoozing in the pews.

We just have come to a different conclusion than those that adore her, "that sits a queen"
[/quote]

[quote]
Romans 1:19 (KJV) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[b]21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became geniuses,[/b]

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.[/quote]

Well there you have it.... straight from the horse's mouth.... :ninja:

[size=4][font="Comic Sans Ms"]1Cr 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.[/font][/size]

As long as you are humble and know your wisdom is a gift from God, it is not foolish.

If you read a little further down in Corinthians, like two verse, Budge missed a part.

"So let no boast of human beings for everyone belongs to you."

True wisdom comes from the Holy Spirit.

Budge from now on I will look up every verse you post and make sure you are not taking them out of context, which you seem to do so often. I ask that every one else do the same.

LET'S HOLD THIS GUY ACCOUNTABLE!

I didnt change the verse whatsoever...

how many verses am I to post at once, entire chapters, to make sure I follow your "context" rule?

Oh well at least it will get you reading more Bible,

Yeah read the Bible as much as possible!

:saint:

Edited by Budge

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1059591' date='Sep 9 2006, 12:00 PM']
I didnt change the verse whatsoever...

how many verses am I to post at once, entire chapters, to make sure I follow your "context" rule?

Oh well at least it will get you reading more Bible,

Yeah read the Bible as much as possible!

:saint:
[/quote]

I have read the entire Bible several times in many different translations, and much of the Early Church Fathers as well.
Thats why I'm CATHOLIC :D: :blush: :)

CMom, I think you're starting to take this personally . . . :smile:

Now what wisdom is, and how she came to be I shall relate; and I shall hide no secrets from you, But from the very beginning I shall search out and bring to light knowledge of her, nor shall I diverge from the truth. Wisdom 6:22

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves; so be wise as serpnts and innocent as doves. Mathew 10:16