An Old School Catholic Message Board

One Thing About Budge

XIX

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1058889' date='Sep 8 2006, 01:09 AM']
The demons weren't lukewarm either.

They also had Faith Alone.

:mellow:
[/quote]

That is not nice. As a convert [who has a very large family of devout protestants] I say you cannot judge what you do not understand. How much do you understand Budge, what she/he has been taught and for how long this has been taught to her/him? I've been on both sides of the walk. Budge is asking questions, challenging, and wanting proof. Let's do our best to show our faith without this kind of stuff OK?

I do not consider my beloved Southern Baptist grandparents to be demons either. They departed this world a long time ago, but if it weren't for them taking me to church I would not have known God.

You have complimented me.

[size=5]
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.[/size]

I dont want to be in that position and dont want anyone else facing that wrath of God either.

Well, Budge, THEY seem to think that being an "Upchuck Chrisitian" [ I will spue thee out ] is the way to go?

:P: :P: If you want to see "Lukewarm" [I will spue thee out ] go to any Mass about 30 seconds after the Mass ends. As one person quipped, the most dangerous place to be in any town, is between the Vestible and the parking lot after a Catholic Mass!! :disguise: :lol_roll:

Edited by Eutychus

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1058996' date='Sep 8 2006, 07:53 AM']
Well, Budge, THEY seem to think that being an "Upchuck Chrisitian" [ I will spue thee out ] is the way to go?

:P: :P: If you want to see "Lukewarm" [I will spue thee out ] go to any Mass about 30 seconds after the Mass ends. As one person quipped, the most dangerous place to be in any town, is between the Vestible and the parking lot after a Catholic Mass!! :disguise: :lol_roll:
[/quote]

What a very "cold" thing to say, and how very untruthful. Theres not one sheard of logic in your entire statement. Its just a big joke that aint even funny, kinda hum smells of elderberries. Dont quit your day job.

[quote name='Budge' post='1058985' date='Sep 8 2006, 07:19 AM']
You have complimented me.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

I dont want to be in that position and dont want anyone else facing that wrath of God either.
[/quote]
Sure I feel the same way about you. We must live radically for Christ and be willing to go to all ends and sacrifice even that which is most important to us (see Abraham and the offering of Issac).

Justified Saint

This is a commonly misunderstood verse used to support religious emotionalism, fanaticism and fundamentalism. However, nothing could be further from the truth.

[quote]Budge is asking questions, challenging, and wanting proof. Let's do our best to show our faith without this kind of stuff OK?[/quote]

I could tolerate someone like that, but the thing is I don't think Budge cares at all for "asking questions" and "wanting proof". All of her questions have already been answered and all the proof and evidence collected. In her mind the verdict has been reached and the case is closed and she won't "budge" on that.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1058996' date='Sep 8 2006, 08:53 AM']

[/quote]

Man, I gotta go with him on the danger level in post Mass parking lots.

It can get pretty vicious.

I believe it was a Catholic who said that.

homeschoolmom

The dangerous place in our parish is the path down to the dining hall for donuts and fellowship... but maybe that's just our parish....

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' post='1058982' date='Sep 8 2006, 05:39 AM']
That is not nice.
[/quote]

I was not meaning to be mean. Just the original post made it appear that, in and of itself, not being lukewarm was a good thing. I disagreed with that, as the demons were not lukewarm....

i was not equating him/her with the devil, or with demons...

i meant no disrespect. My apologies if offended.

JMJ,

MIKolbe

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1059034' date='Sep 8 2006, 11:19 AM']
The dangerous place in our parish is the path down to the dining hall for donuts and fellowship... but maybe that's just our parish....
[/quote]
danger = me + Blessed Sacrament - anybody else

I go bonkers. :topsy:

mmmm...donuts...