An Old School Catholic Message Board

Debating the likes of Budge...

KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

"Could you be wrong on your interpretation of this passage," said Knight to Budge.

"Of course I could be wrong on my interpretation...," "Because you're not infallible," interjected Knight, "...because I'm not infallible, you know," continued Budge.

"Then," said Knight, "you would agree that the Catholic Church's interpretation of this verse could possibly be right?"

"Absolutely, not," said Budge. "I can say with absolute certainty that the Catholic Church's interpretation of this passage is wrong!"

"But," interjected Knight, "you could be wrong on that, couldn't you?" "Of course, I could be wrong on that...," said Budge.

"Because you're not infallible," interjected Knight again. "...because I'm not infallible, you know," finished Budge.

"Then," said Knight, a bit puzzled, "if you're not infallible, couldn't the Catholic Church be right?" "Absolutely not," said Budge, "the Catholic Church can never be right when she disagrees with me."

------------------------------------------

Ok the first time I posted this it got me in trouble and was pulled, understandable... the title was very rude now that I think about it, and I apologize.

I was upset, Budge's whole argument comes down that we Catholics worship Satan, and the Popes are anti-christs. But that does not ascuse my rudeness.

That being said the passage above applys prefectly to Budge and people like that. They can not agree with the Holy Mother Church because doing so would destroy their made up land of anti-catholic make believe. This is why anti-catholics are silent or move on and on to a different topic when ever their "truth" is defeated by actual Truth.

I tried posting on the Michael Moore board before. Tried having civilised discussions. I will admit there is less name calling, but just as much demonizing and mind reading (giving the reason behind an entity's decision) from non-Catholic Christians as from Liberals.

Yeah, and Mary! That thing about 'all falling short of the glory of God'....That was just including the pope and Mary in God. You see, there is no plural form of God, even though there are more than one.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1057362' date='Sep 5 2006, 08:51 PM']
Yeah, and Mary! That thing about 'all falling short of the glory of God'....That was just including the pope and Mary in God. You see, there is no plural form of God, even though there are more than one.
[/quote]
Naturally. And we kill Jesus every day at Mass! Alright!

Just because Mary was sinless doesn't mean she didn't fall short of the glory of God. She isn't as magnificent as God is, nor are we suggesting that she is.

And what is this carp about there being more than one God?

KnightofChrist

Dont forget we also pay off the Saints with pope money to get into heaven.

[img]http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/totus1.jpg[/img]

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

[quote name='DAF' post='1057372' date='Sep 5 2006, 09:59 PM']
Do we still sacrifice infants on the altar and eat them? I forget. :idontknow:
[/quote]

I thought that died out long ago....now we just dunk them in water a couple weeks after they are born to see if they are sea worthy.

[quote name='DAF' post='1057366' date='Sep 5 2006, 07:54 PM']
Again, I think you're missing the fascetiousness... :blush:
[/quote]

:pinch: :annoyed: This is the "DEBATE" table! What is all this joking around for? Don't you realize what is at stake here? :) Honestly, how come everyone else notices the facetiousness and not me? :rolleyes: Oh yes, because you're slow, Jennifer. :ninja: