An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For Vocations

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

I promissed the Lockport Dominicans I would pray for vocations to there community.

Dearest Lord please bless the community of the Lockport Dominicans with many vocations full of zeal to carry a cross of sacerfice for the savation of souls. That they may grow in grace under your loving care and support.

I also pray for those who are entering a community and my be suffering from homesickness.

Dearest Lord watch over those who suffer the pain of homesickness when giving them self to you, have you hand always leading them to peace, support them in there time of need and let them know that there suffering now reaps so many rewards later. God bless all those vocations!
:saint:

Edited by DiscerningSoul

franciscanheart

I pray for vocations in my parish community and vocations to the Franciscans of the Renewal - both friars and sisters.

• 4 months later...
AccountDeleted

For those who haven't seen the video of a Lockport clothing ceremony (from postulant to novice), please PM me and I will send you the link. I can't post it here because there are other video links on the same site (Louisiana, the State We're In).

I wold also like to ask for prayers for vocations to [url="http://www.osbcanyontx.org/"]St Benedict's Monastery [/url] in Canyon TX.

Jessica (discerning soul), Hugheyforlife and nunsense, please be assured of my prayers to these communities and for all those discerning, in formation and those in the consecrated life and priesthood and for all their family members, and benefactors who have and are continuing to support them, May God Bless them all and I pray that many more hear and answer the call, for he says to us still "come Follow Me!"

Edited by TeresaAvila

AccountDeleted

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1164466' date='Jan 14 2007, 01:59 PM']
Jessica (discerning soul), Hugheyforlife and nunsense, please be assured of my prayers to these communities and for all those discerning, in formation and those in the consecrated life and priesthood and for all their family members, and benefactors who have and are continuing to support them, May God Bless them all and I pray that many more hear and answer the call, for he says to us still "come Follow Me!"
[/quote]

TeresaofAvila, thank you for your prayers. I would like to add the Tyburn Nuns to your list of vocation prayers. I will be visiting them for 3 weeks over Easter and am very happy about it. Mother Xavier said I would be living in the enclosure with the novices and following their schedule. It is very daunting and scary, but also very exciting and joyful. Pray for me too please.

:bigpray:

Nunsense, How exciting, Have you started a countdown thread? I will definately be keeping you in my prayers! Your live-in will be a wonderful experience, you'll be a bit nervous adn unsure at first, but the sisters will help you and if your experience is anything like mine, you'll come to the end of your time there and NOT want to go home! :)

[quote name='nunsense' post='1164497' date='Jan 14 2007, 04:59 PM']
TeresaofAvila, thank you for your prayers. I would like to add the Tyburn Nuns to your list of vocation prayers. I will be visiting them for 3 weeks over Easter and am very happy about it. Mother Xavier said I would be living in the enclosure with the novices and following their schedule. It is very daunting and scary, but also very exciting and joyful. Pray for me too please.

:bigpray:
[/quote]

AccountDeleted

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1164566' date='Jan 14 2007, 03:59 PM']
Nunsense, How exciting, Have you started a countdown thread? I will definately be keeping you in my prayers! Your live-in will be a wonderful experience, you'll be a bit nervous adn unsure at first, but the sisters will help you and if your experience is anything like mine, you'll come to the end of your time there and NOT want to go home! :)
[/quote]

I haven't started the countdown yet because I am still researching cheap flights to London from California. I am looking at somewhere around March 22 to leave California and then returning 3 weeks later. I think American Airlines might have the cheapest flights so far, but I am looking at things like leaving from Los Angelese instead of Sacramento (my closest airport) or even from JFK if I can get a cheap flight to there from Sac -- lots of online research right now. As soon as I have an actualy flight booked, then I will start counting down!

I also have to do some shopping to get the things she asked me to bring....

But yes, I am excited - but very scared that I won't measure up either. It's a good thing I like to pray a lot - lol!

Nunsense, I'll keep your flight information in mind as I'm a flight attendant so if I hear of any upcoming discounted deals I'll be sure to pass along the info to you or if I can help in any way, dont' hesitate to ask! in regards your livein, I undestand your feeligns as I too have felt this way, and just remember this "God does not call the qualified, but Qualifies the Called!" SO just leave yourself in our lords hands and entrust your vocation to our blessed mothers prayers and if it his will he will give you the graces to live out his holy will!

Edited by TeresaAvila

AccountDeleted

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1164640' date='Jan 14 2007, 04:34 PM']
Nunsense, I'll keep your flight information in mind as I'm a flight attendant so if I hear of any upcoming discounted deals I'll be sure to pass along the info to you or if I can help in any way, dont' hesitate to ask! in regards your livein, I undestand your feeligns as I too have felt this way, and just remember this "God does not call the qualified, but Qualifies the Called!" SO just leave yourself in our lords hands and entrust your vocation to our blessed mothers prayers and if it his will he will give you the graces to live out his holy will!
[/quote]

Thank you TeresaofAvila (one of my favorite saints, by the way)

I know that God will provide if I have the faith. I like the quote about God qualifying the called!! I needed to hear that.

How great that you are a flight attendant - you get to travel all over to check out orders! Which Carmel are you entering - or haven't you decided yet?

Yes I've been fortunate to have had the oppertunity to travel and visit other communities in other states, and I will be entering the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters, I do love st. Teresa of Avila, and thought in the beginning of my discernment I was called to Carmel, but our lord had other plans and it's interesting as one of my communities Patrons is St. Teresa :)

What order are you discerning with?

[quote name='nunsense' post='1164837' date='Jan 14 2007, 08:33 PM']
Thank you TeresaofAvila (one of my favorite saints, by the way)

I know that God will provide if I have the faith. I like the quote about God qualifying the called!! I needed to hear that.

How great that you are a flight attendant - you get to travel all over to check out orders! Which Carmel are you entering - or haven't you decided yet?
[/quote]

AccountDeleted

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1164943' date='Jan 14 2007, 07:12 PM']
Yes I've been fortunate to have had the oppertunity to travel and visit other communities in other states, and I will be entering the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters, I do love st. Teresa of Avila, and thought in the beginning of my discernment I was called to Carmel, but our lord had other plans and it's interesting as one of my communities Patrons is St. Teresa :)

What order are you discerning with?
[/quote]

TeresaAvila - where is it located? I looked them up but found several orders in different places. I like the pink - does your order wear pink too?

Nunsense: my community is in St. Louis Missouri (well that's where I'll be for my years of formation, being that it is international. once godwilling I am professed I could then be transferred to any of their convents throughout the world) the webpage is www.mountgraceconvent.org and the Professed sisters wear a Pink Habit with White Scapular and Veil, aspirants/postulants/novices wear white habits and veils. The little photo at the end of my posts is the inside chapel of Mount Grace with two of the professed sisters kneeling in adoration :love:

[quote name='nunsense' post='1164954' date='Jan 14 2007, 09:21 PM']
TeresaAvila - where is it located? I looked them up but found several orders in different places. I like the pink - does your order wear pink too?
[/quote]

franciscanheart

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1164466' date='Jan 14 2007, 03:59 PM']
[/quote]
Thank you. The Lord bless you. :love:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1165017' date='Jan 14 2007, 08:45 PM']
Nunsense: my community is in St. Louis Missouri (well that's where I'll be for my years of formation, being that it is international. once godwilling I am professed I could then be transferred to any of their convents throughout the world) the webpage is www.mountgraceconvent.org and the Professed sisters wear a Pink Habit with White Scapular and Veil, aspirants/postulants/novices wear white habits and veils. The little photo at the end of my posts is the inside chapel of Mount Grace with two of the professed sisters kneeling in adoration :love:
[/quote]

TeresaAvila - they look like a very happy group of nuns! And the chapel is beautiful. I will pray for their vocations as well.