An Old School Catholic Message Board

Everybody Relax

Winchester

[quote name='Budge' post='1056636' date='Sep 4 2006, 02:19 PM']
I dont think you liked the fact that I proved this poster to be wrong in claiming the story I posted was a lie.

So the subject is being turned to me and supposely what a horrible person I am instead.

Business as usual...I suppose.

[size=5]Gal 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?[/size]
[/quote]
No, I was just saying that you're an unpleasant human being. That's all. I know how nuanced that can sound, but really, just take it at face value.

[quote]No, I was just saying that you're an unpleasant human being. [/quote]

Most truth tellers are considered "unpleasant" by those who's OX is being gored...

[quote]Matthew 23:27 (KJV) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead [men's] bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!

[u][b]38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.[/b][/u]

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord.[/quote]

Quite, but regardless of the fact that Budge is wrong, Budge is still an unpleasant human being. What, I don't understand. This isn't rocket science.

Budge, his comment about the Assosiated Press clearly incinuated that their description of why it was probably a fraud was probably biased, not that they lied about the Pope visiting it.

The rest of this is calling attention to your improper usage of the word "Roman Catholic Church" to refer to the religion which you so intensly dislike. "The Roman Catholic Church" is merely the largest sui juris church body in a communion of around 23 large sui juris churches which all agree on what we determine to be "the essentials" of Christianity. this communion is a perfect manifestation of what the phrase "in essentials unity, in non-essentials diversity" should mean because it's the only model that really holds an actual unity in what they even consider 'essential'

[quote]I don't really have anything constructive to say, but I would like to offer my observation that Budge, you're a generally very unpleasant human being.[/quote]
[quote]A post or comment that has nothing to do with the topic, but is specifically meant to upset or criticize another person or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, calling people "heretics" (used in a derogatory manner), "democrooks", etc.
[/quote]

please, please, please let us all practice charity. seeing as for a long period budge and eutychus were given a certain leniency, I'm not doing anything to this comment now (he already saw it anyway and had a field day claiming it proved he was right for being 'hated' or 'persecuted' or something... not quite sure what he intended to say about himself with all the verses he posted) but there is a strict rule against AD HOMINEM arguments.

[quote name='Budge' post='1056462' date='Sep 4 2006, 09:55 AM']
No response from the pirate?

When hes PROVEN wrong?

{i love how some go poof at appropriate times}
[/quote]

Sorry I didn't check Phatmass as often as you'd like me to. And you pay me so generously...I feel bad.

Aloy,

Exactry. I was pretty sure the Pope did visit the place. The presentation is what I doubt. In fact, Benny looks bemused. They're good pictures. The AP is not known for presenting a balanced account.

Future reference, lest I upset those trying to help me escape from the clutches of the Whore of Babylon:

I have two jobs that involve 24 hour shifts. I have internet access at these jobs, but sometimes I'm kind of busy or asleep or watching television or worshipping idols, selling indulgences on Ebay (or bidding on really good ones) or any number of activities that do not involve Phatmass. (Sorry, dUSt.) I don't mean anything by it. Understand that I am completely amused by your "attacks" on Mother Church, I truly am. You are certainly worthy of mockery and baiting, and I am sorry to have neglected so entertaining and resilient an opponant. I promise you it will happen again.

[quote]The presentation is what I doubt.[/quote]
[quote]
Denial is a psychological defense mechanism in which a person faced with a fact that is uncomfortable or painful to accept rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.[/quote]

I forgot that AP reports are overwhelming evidence. Sometimes I forget the international media is in the business of presenting all the facts and interviewing all parties.

Thank you for pointing out my denial. I shall consult a psychologist forthwith.

Who do you use?

[quote name='Budge' post='1056462' date='Sep 4 2006, 09:55 AM']
No response from the pirate?

When hes PROVEN wrong?

{i love how some go poof at appropriate times}
[/quote]

I just thought this bore repeating. It does illustrate the tendency to attach the most negative spin on occurences.

When you make an assumption, you make and ass out of you and umption.

[img]http://www.catholicpressphoto.com/servizi/2006-09-01-VISITA-MANOPPELLO/images/prevs/2006-09-01-manoppello%20004.jpg[/img]

Does this LOOK real to you?

Looks like a cartoon figure Medieval style with big bulgy eyes.

Fides_et_Ratio

Did Jesus LOOK like God on the cross, crucified next to criminals, writhing in pain, and bleeding?

Appearances aren't everything.

[quote name='Budge' post='1057062' date='Sep 5 2006, 11:40 AM']
[img]http://www.catholicpressphoto.com/servizi/2006-09-01-VISITA-MANOPPELLO/images/prevs/2006-09-01-manoppello%20004.jpg[/img]

Does this LOOK real to you?

Looks like a cartoon figure Medieval style with big bulgy eyes.
[/quote]

That is an interesting philosophical question. Modernity is not sure anything is real. But I am practical person and think that it looks like it actually exsists.

Also, Medieval art is more then big buldgy eyes.