An Old School Catholic Message Board

SMME Postulant Pics are up!

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

www.sistersofmary.org vocations page!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]http://www.sistersofmary.org/graphics/postulants06.jpg[/img]

The stories arent up yet, but YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Edited by Lil Red

AlterDominicus

Front row 1st person - here:

From left to right:

Back Row: Sr. Mary McGlynn, Sr. Christina Holzman, Sr. Lucia Pineda,
Sr. Veronique Eloizard, Sr. Jessica Bubien, Sr. Sami Pottenger, Sr. Uyenni Ha and Sr. Ruth Acosta.
Sr. Amanda Studinger, Sr. Shannon Lumbrezer,

Front row: Sr. Chelsea Shaw, Sr. Nicole Soileau, Sr. Missy Robbins,
Sr. Krystaln Gates and Sr. Marie Rondeau!

Edited by AlterDominicus

HeavenlyCalling

They all look for happy!! Gosh I am wierd, I am accually tearing up over this! :sadder: I cant wait for the stories to be up!! There is now not a doubt in my mind, I am going to the May retreat. :starwars: (sorry, my four year old brother asked me to put that one up :D: )

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Veritas' post='1052914' date='Aug 29 2006, 02:50 PM']
+

Wow! Sister webmistress is on a roll! Is it me, or do the postulant outfits look different this year?
[/quote]

The postulants choose a sewing pattern for the vest.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1052947' date='Aug 29 2006, 03:18 PM']
Each choose a different one.
[/quote]

Interesting. It's actually the skirts and belts that look different to me.

HeavenlyCalling

Well, the belts I think they buy on their own, I dont know, they still look wonderful. Does anyone with a connection to the sisters know when the stories will be up? Make sure to post when they are. :D: :D:

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1052974' date='Aug 29 2006, 04:51 PM']
Well, the belts I think they buy on their own, I dont know, they still look wonderful. Does anyone with a connection to the sisters know when the stories will be up? Make sure to post when they are. :D: :D:
[/quote]

This is such a blessed community! They have so many girls coming in every year. Does anyone know if most of their postulants usually persevere in their vocation or do they tend to leave? I hope most stay but you can never be too sure.

HeavenlyCalling

I think out of the last group of postulents ( who just became novices a bit ago) there were 14 to start with, I think that two of them left, so only 12 became novices. Which is still quiet a bit compared to most convents. I heard somewhere that the SMME are the fasted growing order in the USA today. ( Not that it's some sort of compitition)

VeniteAdoremus

Okay. I'm so going to fix my graphical interface. And running over to the uni tomorrow to look! :)

Go Dominicans! :D:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1053037' date='Aug 30 2006, 12:24 AM']
Okay. I'm so going to fix my graphical interface. And running over to the uni tomorrow to look! :)

Go Dominicans! :D:
[/quote]

It takes a postulant photo to get you to do that? If only I'd known.... ;)

PP

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1053018' date='Aug 29 2006, 03:51 PM']
I think out of the last group of postulents ( who just became novices a bit ago) there were 14 to start with, I think that two of them left, so only 12 became novices. Which is still quiet a bit compared to most convents. I heard somewhere that the SMME are the fasted growing order in the USA today. ( Not that it's some sort of compitition)
[/quote]
I thought they started out with 16 postulants but 14 received the habit... ?