An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you support the Inquisition?

Resurrexi

Do you support the Inquisition?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thessalonian

I have to say I am rather surprized though pleased with the results of this poll. There are people out there who can look at the inquisition with a clear head.

I cant believe that 78% that took this poll here supported this...

:blink: :blink: :weep: :weep:

[img]http://www.leestoneking.net/images/Church%20History/Huss_Burned.jpg[/img]

So you folks have no empathy for the fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, who lost one of their love ones to Rome burning them at the stake for what they believed?

You think this should be going on today?

:ohno: :ohno:

{this puts all the "seperated brethern" stuff really into question}

[quote name='Budge' post='1054431' date='Aug 31 2006, 08:01 PM']
I cant believe that 78% that took this poll here supported this...

:blink: :blink: :weep: :weep:

[img]http://www.leestoneking.net/images/Church%20History/Huss_Burned.jpg[/img]

So you folks have no empathy for the fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, who lost one of their love ones to Rome burning them at the stake for what they believed?

You think this should be going on today?

:ohno: :ohno:

{this puts all the "seperated brethern" stuff really into question}
[/quote]
We supported the congregation for the the doctrine of the faith, no the old inquisition.
The Protestants burned or hanged thousands of people by the same accusations, witches, heretics, many innocent people.
In Salem they are not roman catholics.

[quote]We supported the congregation for the the doctrine of the faith, no the old inquisition.[/quote]

So when that office was under a different NAME, you DONT support it?

Whens the cut off year you start supporting at?
[quote]

The Protestants burned or hanged thousands of people by the same accusations, witches, heretics, many innocent people.[/quote]

Im not going to say Protestants were perfect either, many too often followed the example of Rome, instead of listening to Jesus Christ.

No ONE can EXCUSE killing people for their beliefs....Jesus taught the complete opposite..

uk 9:53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw [this], they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

[size=5]Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.[/size]

so yes there were wicked Protestants.

So why on this board do we have 80% now {I noticed it went up} saying they SUPPORT the INQUISTION. {the question isnt do you support todays office...}

[quote name='Budge' post='1054550' date='Aug 31 2006, 09:25 PM']
So when that office was under a different NAME, you DONT support it?

Whens the cut off year you start supporting at?
Im not going to say Protestants were perfect either, many too often followed the example of Rome, instead of listening to Jesus Christ.

No ONE can EXCUSE killing people for their beliefs....Jesus taught the complete opposite..

uk 9:53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw [this], they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

[size=5]Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.[/size]

so yes there were wicked Protestants.

So why on this board do we have 80% now {I noticed it went up} saying they SUPPORT the INQUISTION. {the question isnt do you support todays office...}
[/quote]
The old inquisition (catholic, protestant, orthodox. ..) is a verguenza for all the Christians, like the slavery. Is the main sample of the passed clashes among Christians.
The congregation for the the doctrine of the faith is dedicated to orient. If someone persists in maintaining contrary doctrines to the teaching of the Church is proclaimed that it are not catholics, And if this attentive person against the dogma is excommunicated.
It is not pursued, neither him is impeded to publish its works.
That does not it occur in some protestant churches, tell us which are the good Mr Budge. We alone have a Church.
Do not you confuse the support to the congregation for the the doctrine of the faith, with the old inquisition, various they have left the clear in their post.

Edited by ruso

thessalonian

[quote]
So you folks have no empathy for the fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, who lost one of their love ones to Rome burning them at the stake for what they believed?[/quote]

Of course we do. We also believe that the Bible gives the government authority to use the sword when it sees fit in Rom 13. I haven't seen much empathy from any protestants for the hundreds of Catholics who had their bowels ripped out while they were still alive by the good queen Bess (Elizabeth). Don't recall too much outrage over that from you guys.

[quote]You think this should be going on today?[/quote]

Nope, times have changed and there is less culpability and heresy does not create near the problems for the state that it did back then. Unfortunately people have a much harder time discerning it also it seems.

[quote]{this puts all the "seperated brethern" stuff really into question}
[/quote]

Nope not at all. It just puts in to question your understanding of it.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1054594' date='Aug 31 2006, 10:31 PM']
Ustashi, Croatia against Orthodox

Lebanon, against Baptists

Mexico, against Pentecostals

Where she can, she does.
[/quote]
USA, Episcopalians, Baptists and evangelicans against Catholics

Rusia, Orthodox against Catholics

Great Britain, Anglican against Catholics

I know more, with pursued of any Christian branch by others.
We recall the old clashes? or we advance for the talk that is opened among Christians.

When ANYONE kills someone for their beliefs they are sinning against God, that includes PROTESTANTS.

Ok so why do you folks excuse it when YOUR SIDE does it?

Unfortunately, today remains people in both sides that feels hatred by your brothers, fortunately are not many.
I am a Spaniard although not born here, already you know the inquisition more famous, although not the worst, in my countrie has been pursued during centuries to the Protestants, and we are not proud of it.
But the catholics Spanish if we are it to maintain our faith and to evangelize for the world, Philippines was the only Christian countrie of Asia to the independence of Timor, p.e.
The fights and discriminations are recent in some places(Ireland, Bosnia, Croatia..........), I do not justify the pursuits against Protestants, like you the pursuits against Catholics. What we have to cause is to continue the road that framework Jesus Loving and to forgive, As our Pope says and himself that various head Protestants.

It's very convenient to be able to start new churches anytime and disassociate yourself from all other Christians who did unpleasant things in the past and say "We're not part of them."

I certainly did when I was Pentecostal. I was proud that we had never instigated (as far as I knew) any persecution against others. I (conveniently) ignored the fact that Pentecostalism began around 1900 in the United States and has never held any significant political clout.

[quote]I do not justify the pursuits against Protestants, like you the pursuits against Catholics. [/quote]

I do not support violence against anyone.

In fact I said I was against it already, BUT over 70% of those answering this thread have VOTED YES for supporting the Inquistion.

[quote]
It's very convenient to be able to start new churches anytime and disassociate yourself from all other Christians who did unpleasant things in the past and say "We're not part of them."[/quote]

Im not part of them...

1Jo 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:[size=5] whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.[/size]

Ie this means all those Puritans who burned people at the stake, any Prots who take up arms against folks are GOING AGAINST Gods Word.

Whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God...

[quote name='Budge' post='1055441' date='Sep 2 2006, 04:25 AM']
I do not support violence against anyone.

In fact I said I was against it already, BUT over 70% of those answering this thread have VOTED YES for supporting the Inquistion.
Im not part of them...

1Jo 3:10
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil:[size=5] whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.[/size]

Ie this means all those Puritans who burned people at the stake, any Prots who take up arms against folks are GOING AGAINST Gods Word.

Whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God...
[/quote]
Hate, hate hate.......are you a Christian? My broters don't support the old inquisition. Only the congregation for the the doctrine of the fait, the old prefect is the actual Pope. You put not with he.

um... Ruso... I think it was well understood that the 70% from the poll support the 'old' Inquisition. Also, for all those who were saying that I'm an idiot, radical wierdo &c. I think you should really see that you should look at what the Church actually teaches.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

I support the old inquisition. there is logic for supporting it then, and not supporting it now. the inquisition would do nothing but harm if it existed today.
The inquistion (back in the day) protected people's souls against heresy (the equivalent of spiritual murder). so Since everyone was catholic the need was much greater to protect all these souls from being spiritually murdered. Since many people are not catholic, the need is not so great today.