An Old School Catholic Message Board

Barry Goldwater ... Hero of Democrats?

Lounge Daddy

Lounge Daddy

[font="Arial Black"][i]'NYT' Sunday Preview: Barry Goldwater ... Hero of Democrats?[/i][/font]

[quote]An interview in this Sunday's New York Times Magazine with C.C. Goldwater reveals that her HBO film to be aired Sept. 18 paints her late grandfather, Sen. Barry Goldwater, "as a kind of liberal," with testimonials from Al Franken, Sen. Ted Kennedy, James Carville and Sen. Hillary Clinton.

In fact, Hillary campaigned for Goldwater in 1964 in his race for president against Lyndon Johnson. "Hillary was a Goldwater girl," says the filmmaker, interviewed by Deborah Solomon. "She passed out cookies and lemonade at his campaign functions."

Solomon calls Goldwater "a half-Jewish cowboy from Phoenix."

The film -- made on a budget of $800,000 -- will note that the straight-talking Sen. Goldwater, author of the classic "The Conscience of a Conservative" (soon to be reissued by Princeton University Press) favored abortion rights and allowing gays in the military, and refused to attend President Nixon's funeral because he "cheated" the country...[/quote]
[url="http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003053350"]--- from article HERE[/url]

huh...
sorry Dems, but I would think Goldwater hate the Dems today even more than "back in the day."
That article left me doing this :ohno:
Goldwater a Dem? lol... Ya I think not

Libertarian? Maybe... sure... Goldwater a Dem - NO NO NO

Edited by Lounge Daddy

FerociousBadger

My friend is gay and in the military, you'd be surprised how many homos trick the government man. They've gotten really good at "pretending" to be normal, like you and me. I've heard stories that I can't even repeat here that would turn your feet green.

They don't trick the govn't, they simply have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Btw, I object to the use of the word "homo". Homosexual behavior is a sin, the tendency is not a sin.

OK, about Goldwater, being a Dem would mean a lot more than favoring abortion rights and not liking Nixon. I know many Republicans who don't like Nixon, are prochoice, and are in favor of people with homosexual tendencies "coming out" in the military, yet they are fiscal conservatives, tough on crime, etc. I also know of Dems who are prolife and pro family but are fiscally liberal, anti-death penalty, pro enviornment, pro immigration, etc.

FerociousBadger

[quote name='avemaria40' post='1053724' date='Aug 30 2006, 03:38 PM']
They don't trick the govn't, they simply have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Btw, I object to the use of the word "homo". Homosexual behavior is a sin, the tendency is not a sin.

OK, about Goldwater, being a Dem would mean a lot more than favoring abortion rights and not liking Nixon. I know many Republicans who don't like Nixon, are prochoice, and are in favor of people with homosexual tendencies "coming out" in the military, yet they are fiscal conservatives, tough on crime, etc. I also know of Dems who are prolife and pro family but are fiscally liberal, anti-death penalty, pro enviornment, pro immigration, etc.
[/quote]

"homo" is short for HOMOsexual, and I think eating meat on a friday is a sin. Which is clearly stated in the bible