An Old School Catholic Message Board

I"M BACK...

Sixtina87

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1051965' date='Aug 28 2006, 12:24 AM']
Wow... every time you want to check your email... boy that will be good practice for religious life. :lol:

I've heard Magdalen has a Blessed Sacrament chapel in every residence hall. Is that true? That would be so awesome!
[/quote]

YEAH, wow is the answer, however mine responce is more like this.............. :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: and screaming on the inside!!!! AND THEN AGAIN, GREAT PREPARATION FOR TEH RELIGIOUS LIFE!!!!!!

AS FOR YOUR QUESTION, YES TEH RESIDENCES DO HAVE A SMALL CHAPEL. IT IS NICE, SMALL AND VERY WONDERFUL AS WELL. I AM HOPING TO GET A ONE BOOK OF THE LOTH FROM THE DAUGHTERS OF ST PAIL BOOKSTORE, AND PRAY IN THE CHAPEL.....HOWEVER WHEN I WAS THERE FOR THE 2 WEEKS, I DIDN'T STEP FOOT ONCE INTO THE CHAPEL BUT I DID SEE WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE!

How exciting!! Good luck & God bless as you prepare to leave for college! I'm sure it'll be a great fomation process and give you a chance to know yourself better!

brandelynmarie

One thing at a time kiddo...baby steps....baby steps! I think it is wonderful that you are going there...It sounds strict in some ways...is it to help people begin religious formation? I know so little about Magdalene College.... :idontknow:

Its strict rules and regulations are to help and form people for the life that is ahead, not only for religious life but for all typs of vocations, single life and/or married life.

The dress code I have gotten use to and have here and here applied it to my own life. However I am just stressed over this expence of going there. My family has already told me, that they are not going to help me pay for college, since I decided to go to Magdalen. However my books are $500.....I dont have that kind of money!!! I think my mom said she would help pay a short bit only because I am flat broke and she knew this was going to happen. I am in tears only due to money and trying to get things gathered up by next week.

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1052605' date='Aug 29 2006, 12:17 AM']
One thing at a time kiddo...baby steps....baby steps! I think it is wonderful that you are going there...It sounds strict in some ways...is it to help people begin religious formation? I know so little about Magdalene College.... :idontknow:
[/quote]

I met a girl who is now a sophomore there on a retreat once. It's very orthodox Catholic with a small enviornment (like I think the total enrollment is 100?). Her experience there was very positive. Here's the link to their site:
[url="http://www.magdalen.edu/"]Magdalen College[/url]

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1052645' date='Aug 29 2006, 12:47 AM']
Its strict rules and regulations are to help and form people for the life that is ahead, not only for religious life but for all typs of vocations, single life and/or married life.

The dress code I have gotten use to and have here and here applied it to my own life. However I am just stressed over this expence of going there. My family has already told me, that they are not going to help me pay for college, since I decided to go to Magdalen. However my books are $500.....I dont have that kind of money!!! I think my mom said she would help pay a short bit only because I am flat broke and she knew this was going to happen. I am in tears only due to money and trying to get things gathered up by next week.
[/quote]
you could always overborrow on student loans to compensate for books

or take out a small private student loan through a bank.

oh and look for your school books on amazon or other internet sites, bookstores will price gouge like crazy.

[quote name='magnificat' post='1053266' date='Aug 29 2006, 10:23 PM']
I met a girl who is now a sophomore there on a retreat once. It's very orthodox Catholic with a small enviornment (like I think the total enrollment is 100?). Her experience there was very positive. Here's the link to their site:
[url="http://www.magdalen.edu/"]Magdalen College[/url]
[/quote]

ITS NOT EVEN 100 STUDENTS. THERE ARE MORE GIRLS THAN GUYS! HOWEVER I LIKE THE ATMOSPHERE AND THE BALANCE OF RECREATION AND STUDIES!

[quote name='zabbazooey' post='1053271' date='Aug 29 2006, 10:29 PM']
you could always overborrow on student loans to compensate for books

or take out a small private student loan through a bank.

oh and look for your school books on amazon or other internet sites, bookstores will price gouge like crazy.
[/quote]

IF IT ENDS UP TO WHERE I HAVE TO TAKE OUT A LOAN, I WOULD DO SO EVEN THOUGHT I HONESTLY DONT WANT TO!!!! IT WILL TAKE ME MY ENTIRE LIFE TO PAY THIS SCHOOLING OFF!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1053321' date='Aug 29 2006, 11:09 PM']
IF IT ENDS UP TO WHERE I HAVE TO TAKE OUT A LOAN, I WOULD DO SO EVEN THOUGHT I HONESTLY DONT WANT TO!!!! IT WILL TAKE ME MY ENTIRE LIFE TO PAY THIS SCHOOLING OFF!!!!
[/quote]

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. God will provide for you in terms of loans; I've seen it happen with 3 good friends of mine just this year.

God bless!

• 4 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to say how wonderful it is that you are following our lords will and listening to the sisters and taking their advice and this seems like a wonderful college, am So happy for you, know that I will continue to pray for you as you continue your discernment!!

God Bless You!