An Old School Catholic Message Board

I"M BACK...

Sixtina87

HEY EVERYONE!!!

I HOPE ALL IS WELL!!!! I was kicked off phatmass until this afternoon. However I am glad to be back on!!!

Everyone at Casa Maria are doing fine! The Sisters are great as always!

So what have I been up to.....well............ALOT!!!!!!!!!

The Sisters and I worked things out when i went to visit them during the same week i was told not to enter. I had one good day out of the weekend but i was glad to have gone home! I was a nervous wreck for the longest time. It took me over or almost 2 weeks to stop crying! I didn't eat from the time I heard the news to the time i got there at Casa Maria.

The Sisters thought school would be best for me at this time and it would help in the future with our apostolate! So I went to Magdalen college in New HAmpshire, almost 5 days later upon returning home form Casa Maria. I spent 2 weeks there, however I was not having the best of time, i felt as if i was at a boot cmap and I just wanted to call sister and tell her to come get me. Well, i stuck it out and made it to the end of the 2 weeks. The Sisters wanted me to see if I could apply to attend school there this fall.

WELL, 2 days ago I found out I was ACCPETED into MAGDALEN COLLEGE for this school year..............HOWEVER I LEAVE IN 12 DAYS!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!! I really have no money so i have to ask my family to help pay for things so i can go. However Sister was told before I found out that I was accepted and she is happier than all get out!!! I think she is more excited than I am!!!!!!!

Well, I have to go meet my grandfather so we can get rid of my cell phon bill and add my line onto his!

DAD, I missed you tons, how is Sr. lauren??? Is she ready for her investure??? I am going to see if the Dean will allow me to come down for that!!!! However we will have to write to eachother and I will let you know if i can come for that!!!!!!

God Bless you all!!!!!!!!

nicole

AlterDominicus

Congraulations....what classes will you be taking? I am glad your back for a little while, I've been praying for you... :)

How awesome that you're going to Magdalen, Sixtina! I went to the summer camp there in '99, and though I chaffed under the rules, I also had an absolute blast and made some lifelong friends (some of whom attended college there as well, although I did not). God bless you in your endeavor, and I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

Nicole,

Welcome back! You sound happy and healthy again and that brings me joy. :)

Magdalen is a great school, I hope you thrive there. Tell Selene that I said hello. She is a student there from Alaska who has a sister at OLAM. She's awesome!

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1050631' date='Aug 25 2006, 07:30 PM']
Nicole,

Welcome back! You sound happy and healthy again and that brings me joy. :)

Magdalen is a great school, I hope you thrive there. Tell Selene that I said hello. She is a student there from Alaska who has a sister at OLAM. She's awesome!
[/quote]

Dad, do you know what year she is?? Yes I am happy, well, it depesends on how my day is going....and healthy, which I am glad it brings you joy!!!!!!

There are 5 classes a day that I will be taking, I think they are, Humanities, geometry, latin, religion, music.

be_thou_my_vision

I'm so happy for you Six! College is a lot of fun! Meet lots of friends and get really involved!

God Bless!

YEAH I HOPE!!!! I was stressing last night, to the point I was about to cry!!! I have been very overwhelmed with everything......its going so fast I can hardly breath!!!
Last month I was preparing for the convent, this month I am preparing for school and next month i am preparing for class.....what next???

My entire family knows I am only going to Magdalen because of the Sisters. If I did not feel I had a future with the Sisters, I would not be going to Magdalen. There have been communities in the past who have requested me to go to college, but I did not go, only because I felt that there wasn't a future for me there with those communities. And I was right!

I have never felt or thought of this before until today. Many people have asked me, "Do you love someone so much that you would do anything to make it all work out?" I have always said No, however I am saying YES!!! I love the Sisters alot and of LOVE CHRIST EVEN MORE, however I am willing to do what i can to accomplish that fact in my life.

let_go_let_God

I am so happy to hear this for you. It makes me want to rejoice for you. I hope you have fun while at college and may your passion for Christ continue to grow.

God bless-
LGLG

OH I WILL!!!!!!!!!! My friends are planning this get together on friday night for me, since it will kinda be the last time in a few months until i see them and get to hang out with them............we are going out for dinner, midnight bowling and maybe get a limo to go with it!!!!! I am so excited......... we aree still planning it all out.....however there are going to be alot of people!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!! I leave next wednesday for New Hampshire..........before then i will post my address so everyone can write me..........

God bless!!!!!!

:idontknow:
it was a double post..........i hate it when that happens!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Edited by Sixtina87

IDK.

ONE THING ABOUT MAGDALEN, WE NEED A PRETTY GOOD EXCUSE TO BE ON THE INTERNET. WE HAVE TO HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION BY THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE COLLEGE IN ORDER TO CHECK EMAIL. HOWEVER I THINK "VOCATION" USE FOR EMAILS IS GOOD ENOUGH!!! LOL!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1051953' date='Aug 27 2006, 10:01 PM']
IDK.

ONE THING ABOUT MAGDALEN, WE NEED A PRETTY GOOD EXCUSE TO BE ON THE INTERNET. WE HAVE TO HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION BY THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE COLLEGE IN ORDER TO CHECK EMAIL. HOWEVER I THINK "VOCATION" USE FOR EMAILS IS GOOD ENOUGH!!! LOL!!!
[/quote]

Wow... every time you want to check your email... boy that will be good practice for religious life. :lol:

I've heard Magdalen has a Blessed Sacrament chapel in every residence hall. Is that true? That would be so awesome!