An Old School Catholic Message Board

Any news on the SSEW entrances?

TheresaMF

I just heard a Christendom girl up and entered (and another one entered Nashville)--very exciting--besides of course the girls here from Phatmass. Does anyone have any news/pics of that?

Sr Jenny and Sr Elizabeth are doing well!!! Everyone got there fine. The girls were out over the weekend doing some work on the new addition on the convent side of Casa Maria.

I always check up on them and always say hi!!! I miss them tons!!!

oh i forgot, as for pics, i am still trying to figure that out with Sister on whether or not they have any for me!!! If i find/get some of the girls, i will post them here!!!!!!

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='TheresaMF' post='1049777' date='Aug 24 2006, 04:02 PM']
I just heard a Christendom girl up and entered (and another one entered Nashville)--very exciting--besides of course the girls here from Phatmass. Does anyone have any news/pics of that?
[/quote]

She didn't just "up and enter". She's been there for a few years now, she just made her first vows. She also happens to be one of my very best friends.

[quote]Our formation includes a one-year postulancy and two years novitiate, followed by first profession of vows and five years renewal of vows. After eight years, the Sisters make their final profession of vows. Below are pictures from both a Final Profession and First Profession.[/quote]

From the Sister Servants website.

IcePrincessKRS

Oh, PS, I wasn't able to make the trek to Alabama for the professions, but I heard that they were beautiful. It broke my heart to miss it.

IcePrincess, do you mean Sr. Catherine Mary? I knew her when she went to Christendom--she organized a retreat down to Nashville my freshman year, when she was an upperclassman. I've met her several times since on retreats with the Sisters, and she told the nuns in Marbury to pray for Christendom vocations. :cool:

The "up and left" girl I'm referring to would have been a junior this year (I think?) and one of my friends now working at Christendom told me she entered instead of coming back to college. I forget her name though--didn't know her that well.

Hope to see pics soon! Maybe they will update their website. :)

IcePrincessKRS

Yes, I did mean Sr. CM (I keep in touch with her as often as possible and her Mom e-mails me all the time. I miss her SO much!). After I posted I started to think "What if she meant another girl?" !!! lol I'm sort of a dork sometimes. :P:

If her mom sends me pics soon I will share them--she said she would, so I hope to get some soon.

Sister Catherine Mary, is a novice, or wait I think she said vows....this month! I can't remember! I met her aunt last march in Peoria....that was kewl!!!

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1050809' date='Aug 26 2006, 12:47 AM']
Sister Catherine Mary, is a novice, or wait I think she said vows....this month! I can't remember! I met her aunt last march in Peoria....that was kewl!!!
[/quote]

Did you read my posts? ;) I said she made her first profession of vows this month and that I communicate with her and her mother regularly.

I'm sry! It has been a long month for me and the Sisters! Alot has happened there and here and for all of us.

At times, it is best not to be miss-imformed. However I do remember her saying something about first profession. however my mind has not been on our sisters but my discernment with them, if that makes sense.

Have a woderful day!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

IcePrincessKRS

Makes sense, it was just random seeing your post after I had just explained what was up with Sr. CM.

Thank you for understanding. Sr Cathine Mary and the Sisters are my family and I would not want anyone or myself to have them and the community mis-represented. I guess after awhile, one becomes very protective of her religious family. I never understood why Sr. Jenny was that way until now!