An Old School Catholic Message Board

Define EVANGELISM

Eutychus

According to www.dictionary.com...

e·van·gel·ism Audio pronunciation of "evangelism" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-vnj-lzm)
n.

1. Zealous preaching and dissemination of the gospel, as through missionary work.
2. Militant zeal for a cause.

Eutychus, you should check out a site called www.dictionary.com. It can give you definitions to most any word.

Is that the new gameplan here?

Move the threads so the non-catholic gets frustrated and leaves? If so, tell me now, and I will make my goodbye's and be on my way....

{ I notice that you moved two yesterday....}

Edited by Eutychus

cmotherofpirl

This is the debate board, generally definitions and general discussion go elsewhere. You are not confined to this board, and can post anywhere you want. So if you started a debate somewhere else it ends up. But general stuff usually gets moved.

Justified Saint

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1046595' date='Aug 20 2006, 06:07 AM']
Is that the new gameplan here?

Move the threads so the non-catholic gets frustrated and leaves? If so, tell me now, and I will make my goodbye's and be on my way....

{ I notice that you moved two yesterday....}
[/quote]

I only speak for myself, but I for one wouldn't lose sleep over your departure (or Budge's). Nobody likes spammers.

[quote] I only speak for myself, but I for one wouldn't lose sleep over your departure (or Budge's). Nobody likes spammers.[/quote]

TRANSLATION: -> SPAM: -> Disagreeing with Lemmingspeak.

Will you accept:
EVANGELIZATION. Zealous proclamation of the Gospel in order to bring others to Christ and his Church. In the words of Pope Paul VI, “Evangelizing means to bring the Good News into all the strata of humanity, and through its influence transforming humanity from within and making it new, ‘Now I am making the whole of creation new’ (Revelation 21:5). But there is no new humanity if there are not first of all new persons renewed by baptism, and by lives lived according to the Gospel” (Evangelic Nuntiandi, 18). Evangelization, therefore, includes three distinctive elements: 1. interior conversion to Christ and his Church; 2. affecting not only the individual person but the whole culture; and 3. as a result, changing this culture and its institutions to make them Christian and Catholic.

or

announcing of Christ by a living testimony as well as by the spoken word

[quote]1. interior conversion to Christ and his Church; 2. affecting not only the individual person but the whole culture; and 3. as a result, changing this culture and its institutions to make them Christian and Catholic. [/quote]

OK, I'm chiming in now.

I asked "What is Evangelism" expecting that the Roman Catholic would be unable to define it without HIS CHURCH being part of the equation, and you did not dissapoint on that belief.

The two classical examples are Nicodemus and the Phillipine jailer. Both asked the question, "What must a man do to be saved { get to heaven }" And in neither was joining a church given as part of the requirements.

Actually, internally, nowadays the Catholic Church is all over the map on this question. While still teaching that the church is a necessary part of the salvation process

[quote]Catechism of the Catholic Church

169 Salvation comes from God alone; but because we receive the life of faith through the Church, she is our mother: "We believe the Church as the mother of our new birth, and not in the Church as if she were the author of our salvation." [u]Because she is our mother,[/u] she is also our teacher in the faith.[/quote]

Which errors on several levels. Was Nicodemus instructed to go to a church for his salvation? No. Was the Philipian jailer instructed to go to a church in order to be saved? No.

And as for the Roman Catholic church being the "mother" { I will avoid the great opportunity for a smarmy pun here...} we only have to look into the scriptures in the New Testatment to verify that phrase is inappropriately applied too.

[quote]Ga 4:26

[u]But Jerusalem[/u] which is above is free, which [u]is the mother of us all[/u].[/quote]

The "Ekklesia/Church" is over and over referred to as the "Bride of Christ" and NEVER the mother of the Ekklesia { and ekklesia does NOT mean a denomination }

So, wrapping this up for now. Roman Catholics are brought into mental and physical bondage at every opportunity by the leadership of that denomination. The "church" is inserted improperly into the salvation mix, the sacerdotal system { controlled by, and originating with } the professional Nicolatian class { whom Jesus hated, stated twice in Revelation } is inserted as part and parcel of salvation.

The confusion is intentional.