An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans.

Veritas

Final vows were Aug 8, first vows were Aug 10, postulants haven't entered yet.

I think someone should have pictures. :taco:

Edited by shortnun

SeekingHisPlan

Praise God for the Sisters who took vows!!

Postulants haven't entered yet? Aw, bummer. I was expecting them to have entered on the 6th, but I guess that's because I saw on the site that they had done that in previous years. I loved the idea of the postulants being "transfigured" by the reception of the habit.

August is such a busy and blessed month for Sisters!! :D

[quote name='SeekingHisPlan' post='1043907' date='Aug 14 2006, 08:37 PM']
Praise God for the Sisters who took vows!!

Postulants haven't entered yet? Aw, bummer. I was expecting them to have entered on the 6th, but I guess that's because I saw on the site that they had done that in previous years. I loved the idea of the postulants being "transfigured" by the reception of the habit.

August is such a busy and blessed month for Sisters!! :D
[/quote]
I'm almost positive the postulants haven't entered yet... something makes me think they don't see the vows of the other sisters until after they've made first vows. But I'm not 100% sure. If I see any of the Dominican brothers at Mass tomorrow, I'll ask.

+

Okay, checked with a friend about another friend, who was entering, and they just entered yesterday (August 14)! Please pray for Molly. It's a pretty amazing story... she graduated from George Washington in DC a couple years ago, was an All-American in rowing there, went through R.C.I.A. LAST (2005) year, was accepted to Nashville THIS year (2006), had her debts payed-off by a bunch of us in the last month, and is at the Motherhouse now!

Praise God!

+

Now that we've got that resolved... can I highjack the thread (since I started it?;)

It's been so long since I inquired at Nashville that I can't rememeber if their novitiate (not including postulancy) is only 1 year. In Ann Arbor we have two, a canonical and an apostolic. But, as a school friend is making her first vows after one year, I am thinking they only have one... Is that correct? You can imagine how confused I was to be thinking her entering a second year of novitiate studies and then to hear she had made her first vows! She is really bright, I thought maybe they just put her on the fast-track! ;)

Thanks in advance for any info. (it doesn't specifiy on their website).

And thanks all for your thoughts above.

[quote name='magnificat' post='1044248' date='Aug 15 2006, 05:24 PM']
Yup entrance was yesterday as a friend of mine from STL is now a Nashville Dominican postulant! :)
[/quote]
Oh that's right... Sr. Jen. She taught at Rosati-Kain (a high school) and is friends with Br. Jonah. :clap:

[quote name='Veritas' post='1044249' date='Aug 15 2006, 05:32 PM']
+

Now that we've got that resolved... can I highjack the thread (since I started it?;)

It's been so long since I inquired at Nashville that I can't rememeber if their novitiate (not including postulancy) is only 1 year. In Ann Arbor we have two, a canonical and an apostolic. But, as a school friend is making her first vows after one year, I am thinking they only have one... Is that correct? You can imagine how confused I was to be thinking her entering a second year of novitiate studies and then to hear she had made her first vows! She is really bright, I thought maybe they just put her on the fast-track! ;)

Thanks in advance for any info. (it doesn't specifiy on their website).

And thanks all for your thoughts above.
[/quote]
Of course you can hijack! And yes, one year--canonical (also known as cloister) year. But technically a sister is in the novitiate her postulancy, novice year, and then two years as a "black veil."

Interesting. I know several girls in Ann Arbor and one in Nashville, but I had no idea that the lengths of the novitiate (pre-vows) were different. The nuns at Marbury have two years of novitiate as well, though one isn't "apostolic"!

What do they do during their apostolic yr? If they aren't certified they cant teach yet can they or they just observe?? I thought both yrs were canonical or cloister yrs since they cannot have home visits during that time :idontknow: