An Old School Catholic Message Board

If there were aliens would they be Catholic?

Resurrexi

If there were aliens would they be Catholic?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

toledo_jesus

Aliens are pretty much losers who don't live here. if they were so awesome, they'd be on Earth right now. But, nooo, they are stuck on their own cruddy planet.

I don't even want to meet them. :pinch:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='toledo_jesus' post='1043850' date='Aug 14 2006, 06:22 PM']
Aliens are pretty much losers who don't live here. [b]if they were so awesome, they'd be on Earth right now.[/b] But, nooo, they are stuck on their own cruddy planet.

I don't even want to meet them. :pinch:
[/quote]
How do you know we, er.... um... they aren't? :ninja:

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1043968' date='Aug 15 2006, 06:58 AM']
Only if they are ILLEGALS!!
[/quote]
That was extremely uncharitable. I know plenty of non-illegal immigrants who are Catholic, and they're from different places, Ireland, Italy, England, Ecuador, Russia. I find that sentiment to be racist and stereotypical

Edited by avemaria40

Well, I don't think they'd be Catholic, persay, since they wouldn't be descendants of Adam and Eve. How do we know that their race even has original sin? What if they had never gone against God's will for them. Of course, that is assuming that they even have souls. They may very well be on the same level as all animals, and not possess intellect or free will.

[quote]I find that sentiment to be racist and stereotypical [/quote]

I find 25,000,000 reasons to call your bluff and say you are just plain wrong.

Or is it now 30 MILLION...or 40? Who knows?

[quote] Well, I don't think they'd be Catholic, persay, since they wouldn't be descendants of Adam and Eve. How do we know that their race even has original sin? What if they had never gone against God's will for them. Of course, that is assuming that they even have souls. They may very well be on the same level as all animals, and not possess intellect or free will. [/quote]
very good points

Lounge Daddy

i would like to think they would be similar
at least liturgical

but that would be very interesting to find out :cool:

• 4 years later...
dairygirl4u2c

this is actually a good question.
what was the world, before the catholic church? by world i mean earth.
what are other planets? do they all have, or are awaiting, a vicar, and for Jesus to visit them?
i know some people who die zay they go to other planets that don't need jesus other than to come and greet them, because they are so holy etc. not sure i buy it as bibloical etc.
what is there status if they don't have Jesus there, or a vicar?
are they either awaiting, or possessing?

AudreyGrace

I voted no, simply because I've come to the conclusion that aliens are demons manifested in that form, in order to make humans question God's existence. (I know, it seems like a far reach) But I saw a movie/documentary on aliens and while the narrators missed the point of aliens, it seemed very very clear to me. In particular, the aliens did their abductions/encounters every morning at 3am (the "battle" hour as I like to call it) and, they caused physical and emotional stress to the people they were encountering. there was a recording of one, seeming to talk in Sumerian, saying "i am God, i am your savior, blah blah blah". The tapes and what not were legit, so I came to the conclusion that aliens are devils in disguise.

Sounds totally "conspiracy theorist" of me, I know.

P.S. The movie is "The Fourth Kind"

I saw a movie about aliens too, and they're definitely not Catholic. Implanting their eggs down people's throats, busting out of people's bellies, and generally wreaking terror and havok; aliens are all-round bad news.

Predators are kind of cool though, in their own weird, spider-faced way.