An Old School Catholic Message Board

hitler

dairygirl4u2c

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CoffeeCatholic

ummmmm.... for all us who can't read your mind, can you please spell out those poll replies? I got "y" and "n" but the other two are, well, cryptic for a non-jargoner like myself. thanks!

[quote name='CoffeeCatholic' post='1043055' date='Aug 13 2006, 10:37 PM']
ummmmm.... for all us who can't read your mind, can you please spell out those poll replies? I got "y" and "n" but the other two are, well, cryptic for a non-jargoner like myself. thanks!
[/quote]
idk means i don't know and irts means i refuse to speculate. Trust me, i didn't get it at first glance either:)

Edited by avemaria40

Guest JeffCR07

Dairy, if by "it would surely be ineffective" you mean "there is no hope of you winning," then it would be wrong to wage war. More people would end up dying and there would be no gain.

The problem with your poll is that if hitler were alive today, I don't think I could possibly imagine a scenario in which we would have absolutely no serious hope of winning.

dairygirl4u2c

I thank you for your consistent response, in terms of this poll and abortion and just wars in general. I do wonder how the people who said say yes ratinalize the just war theory with teir response. Of course many probably never thought about it, but yeah.

dairygirl4u2c

I thank you for your consistent response, in terms of this poll and abortion and just wars in general. I do wonder how the people who said say yes ratinalize the just war theory with teir response. Of course many probably never thought about it, but yeah.

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

The ironic thing is what would happen if such a scenario occurred. People could surely defend themselves. Eventually they would realize an organized front for self defense might be more effective, so the concept of self defense would be extended to that. People would question whether we are going to war as in the just war scenario, then say, well, it depends on what you mean by "going to war". If your war is not to win so much as to subdue the enemy for self defense, or maybe other purposes that can be delineated, then the war it okay.

Just ironic because having htat theory makes one initially think it's all spelled out, when really it's probably just one facet of a complex theology of war and people who think any fighting in an organize fashion is wrong would be wrong.

At that point it's also ironic because any good general wouldtell you not to try to win if you can't win...
So it's like just war, yea duh.

They'd also tell you you shouldn't fight unless a clegit authority commandss is there. But these principles are good though as a beginning to th eleborat theology because all these aren't always apparent as with our good military.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Cow of Shame

[quote][b]hitler, alive and rampant[/b][/quote]

And here I thought you were referring to this article:

[url="http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2340169&page=1&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312"]http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2...TC-RSSFeeds0312[/url]

[quote][i]Aug. 21, 2006 — Fourteen-year-old twins Lamb and Lynx Gaede have two albums, music videos, a DVD and devoted fans.

But unlike most other pop sensations, their fans are not your typical teeny boppers — they're white nationalists.

Watch "The Outsiders" on a Special Primetime, Tonight at 10

After ABC first aired a story on Lynx and Lamb in October 2005, the music duo got worldwide attention, becoming fodder for television talk show hosts like Bill Maher and Joe Scarborough. The publicity evoked a lot of outrage and chatter on Internet message boards.

But no one claims to be more outraged than the girls' estranged father, Kris Lingelser.

"Do they know how many people out there will look at [them] and just go — I mean I get angry, just angry," Lingelser says. "And they don't deserve that anger. They don't deserve that hate. That's not them."

Blond Hair, Blue Eyes

Lamb and Lynx may remind you of another famous pair of teen stars, the Olsen Twins, and the girls say they like that. But unlike the Olsens, who built a media empire on their fun-loving, squeaky-clean image, Lamb and Lynx have cultivated a much darker persona. They are white nationalists and use their talents to preach a message of hate.

Known as Prussian Blue — a nod to their German heritage and bright blue eyes — the girls from Bakersfield, Calif., have been performing songs about white nationalism before all-white crowds since they were 9.

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white. … We don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."

Lamb and Lynx have been nurtured on racist beliefs by their mother, April, since the day they were born.

"They need to have the background to understand why certain things are happening," said April, a stay-at-home mom who no longer lives with the twins' father. "I'm going to give them, give them my opinion just like any, any parent would."[/i] [/quote]

I guessed the purpose of this poll within seconds. I know the Just War theory and I subscribe to it.

I also subscribe to logic and a belief that we as humans don't know the future.

And this: "If God is with us, who can stand against?"

Only the dead have no hope.

Your poll is absurd, unrealistic; I chose none of the options.