An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trip To Alton IL

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

So for a while I was a little distressed, working reallllly hardddddddd like you couldnt believe, and finally Sister Stephania from La Crosse emailed me, saying someone dropped out and that I would be in. (I had inquired earlier) I was sooooooo happy, its this Sunday - Weds. If you could just please pray for us who are going - and pray for our wonderful Franciscan Sisters. Such a blessing and grace. Thank God, and also pray for my friend Tracy - for the invitations for this and MI retreat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1041542' date='Aug 11 2006, 12:29 PM']
So for a while I was a little distressed, working reallllly hardddddddd like you couldnt believe, and finally Sister Stephania from La Crosse emailed me, saying someone dropped out and that I would be in. (I had inquired earlier) I was sooooooo happy, its this Sunday - Weds. If you could just please pray for us who are going - and pray for our wonderful Franciscan Sisters. Such a blessing and grace. Thank God, and also pray for my friend Tracy - for the invitations for this and MI retreat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

I'm glad you're able to go now. It should be a fun trip. A freind of mine, Emilie Kenney will be receving the habit so that will be really to see her and support her. Some of my seminarian freinds will be at it is well they will be coming from Nashville because they went there for the stuff there. A UST grad recived the habit and another UST grad was making first professions in Nashville.

[quote name='magnificat' post='1041566' date='Aug 11 2006, 01:03 PM']
How exciting! Have a safe trip...I'm hoping to make it over there; we'll see how it goes...
[/quote]

Yeah, I hoep you are able to make it over there. It would be great to meet you. Since we potentially could end up living in the same community =)

AlterDominicus

LOL!!!! Hahaha, sweet...we should all draw on a sticker, our screen names, and put phatmass on it, then we'll know wer are all from here!!!!! :lol_pound: I might just do that.... :lol_pound:

I'm going to be there for the reception for about 10 minutes on Tuesday to see Alyssa in her habit and call her Sister M. Karolyn!

SeekingHisPlan

Prayers! Looking forward to hearing how your visit with these Sisters goes!

Prayers! Looking forward to hearing how your visit with these Sisters goes!

AlterDominicus
:lol_pound: My mom is going to the dollar store hopefully tomorrow, and getting sticker name tags. LOL!!!! I cant wait.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1041897' date='Aug 11 2006, 10:24 PM']
:lol_pound: My mom is going to the dollar store hopefully tomorrow, and getting sticker name tags. LOL!!!! I cant wait.
[/quote]

Really?? That's so funny

brandelynmarie
:biglol: You know...maybe all phatmassers should wear name tags when on retreat or going to the monastery or convent! You could be standing next to one & never know it! :D: Of course, there are many on here who appreciate being unknown! :blush: Prayers here too! :sign:

AlterDominicus

I have to remind her today, I've been so busy washing clothes, and etc...for the trip. Its insane! lol It litterally feels like my body is running ahead of me. :lol_roll:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1042146' date='Aug 12 2006, 11:21 AM']
:biglol: You know...maybe all phatmassers should wear name tags when on retreat or going to the monastery or convent! You could be standing next to one & never know it! :D: Of course, there are many on here who appreciate being unknown! :blush: Prayers here too! :sign:
[/quote]

LOL! That would be a cool idea...:shock: :evil: :evil: :saint: