An Old School Catholic Message Board

Intelligent Life

dairygirl4u2c

Intelligent Life  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is so much for it and there is so much against it. Do I think that Area 91 has spaceships in it? Personally, I wouldnt know why the government would have a need to hide what would eventually become a widespread body of knowledge. And if there are so many facts about it and the happenings at Roswell then it would then in turn be pointless to hide the ships. Could aliens rull out the possiblities of Christ? No, not nessessarily...There is no record of other life in the Bible...This doesnt mean that God didnt created any.

So, I dont know...

heavenseeker

IDK. do i think there is other life out there? Yes. Have they made trips to Earth? hard to tell. Sure there are crop circles but those can be made by people. The same gois with the giand carvings in South America. Its just too hard to be sure if aliens have been to earth or not.

Lounge Daddy

Personally, I tend to think a small some of the “ufo” sightings are people seeing Venus or on drugs or both… and most of the “ufo” sightings…say 95 - 99% are government craft – secret “area 51” type projects that we will see publicly years later

That said… the stuff that blows me away are the huge mass sighting that get so little coverage (government cover-up anyone?)
The most notable being the 1997 “Phoenix Lights Incident” …an entire major city witnesses a massive UFO phenomena and it goes unreported the next day, and for a week, until 3 months later it gets slight mention in the msm and even then the reports were treated like a hillbilly describing a tornado

The big question I have is this: assuming every ufo is simply a government “black project” [u]…why-the-heck would the government fly a top-secret project over a major city during the evening and scare the carp out the citizen population?[/u]

LINKS:
[url="http://www.cnn.com/US/9706/19/ufo.lights/"]CNN report, June 19, 1997[/url]
a contested Wikipedia entry exists also [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights"]HERE[/url]

Edited by Lounge Daddy

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I do not think we have been visited and I also do not think there is life outside our planet.

[quote name='thedude' post='1036855' date='Aug 3 2006, 10:55 AM']
I do not think we have been visited and I also do not think there is life outside our planet.
[/quote]

"What a waste of space."
-Jodi Foster, Contact

dairygirl4u2c

if you come back to this thread, the dude, what do you suppose of that craft in that link?
[url="http://www.cnn.com/US/9706/19/ufo.lights/"]http://www.cnn.com/US/9706/19/ufo.lights/[/url]

and about the many other personal accounts?

It is impossible for intelligent life to be visiting humans on earth becuase to be intelligent, a being must have a spirit, and in the case of beings that are not pure spirits or subtle matter, their spirit must also be a soul. Since the only beings not composed of pure spirit or subtle matter given a spirit by the Most Holy and Blessed Trinity were Adam, along with his wife and decendents, there can be no other intelligent life not composed of pure spirit or subtle matter.

dairygirl4u2c

Does the bible say that they were the only ones who got all that spirit and stuff? I must be missing something. Or is it your personal idea that they were the only ones?

Well even if there were other creatures not made of pure spirit or subtle matter with spirits they would be inferior to Man seeing as Man is the greatest of God's creatures after the Angels. Therefore, there could be no intelligent life not made of pure spirit or subtle matter superior to man anywhere in the universe.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1040147' date='Aug 9 2006, 10:15 AM']
if you come back to this thread, the dude, what do you suppose of that craft in that link?
[url="http://www.cnn.com/US/9706/19/ufo.lights/"]http://www.cnn.com/US/9706/19/ufo.lights/[/url]

and about the many other personal accounts?
[/quote]
Could have been anything I guess. I just do not believe it was extraterrestrials.

dairygirl4u2c

does the bible say we are the greatest of God's creatures? does it say we can't have equals?

Well, we can't have equals becuase we were given the authority over all other non-Angelic creatures.

"And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth. 27 And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them. 28 And God blessed them, saying: Increase and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and all living creatures that move upon the earth."

I tend to think that, yes, there is intelligent life out there and that they have in fact visited us. I am of the opinion that an extraterrestrial craft did in fact crash at Roswell and the government has subsequently reverse engineered that craft for use if the making of superior defense equipment. I also think that the multitude of other UFO sightings over the years have been a mixture of extraterrestrials coming to study our planets, and terrestrial government stealth craft.

I really do think that there is alien life out there and it remains to be seen whether their intentions are benevolent or whether they intend to colonize our planet.