An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life

heavenseeker

Do you think there is life on other planets?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='05 June 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1275778945' post='2124248']
To the bolded: why?
[/quote]

For the same reason that I hope some gigantic new sea creature (aka "sea monster") is discovered in my lifetime: because it would be friggen' AMAZING!!! The heavens (and I take that to mean all of creation, especially creatures with the breath of life) declare God's glory. The more heavens, the more glory.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='zunshynn' date='05 June 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1275778945' post='2124248']
[/quote]
But why not!!??!?? :yahoo:

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='zunshynn' date='06 June 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1275778945' post='2124248']
[/quote]

Because Mr Spock is so awesome, and I want to meet him. My order of awesomeness is Jesus, Mr Spock, L_D.

• 2 weeks later...
Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='06 June 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1275800806' post='2124476']
Because Mr Spock is so awesome, and I want to meet him. My order of awesomeness is Jesus, Mr Spock, L_D.
[/quote]
:shock: That is truly the most awesome compliment evarrr. :notworthy:

:punk:

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/Trek/party-like-a-vulcan.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/NoonienSoong_2006/Trek/spacehippies.jpg[/IMG]

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Someone once asked me if I believed in aliens. I asked them to define aliens. They said "you know, like something that's not from earth but comes here and makes contact with humanity." To which I replied "Yes, I believe in angels exist."

It is odd. Today, if you believe in ghosts or angels you are looked at kind of weird or as if you were crazy but if you don't believe in aliens, then you are just illogical. I'm not saying that I don't think it is possible that other planets may have some type of single or simple multi-cellular organism. I am just saying that I find such a trend in society odd. All three are rational deductions of beings that dis-embodied, of a higher nature than us, or living on some object out in space; however, some are looked upon more favorably than odds. Just something I noticed.

Also, whenever someone mentions life on other planets, I think of the scene from Space Jam where Bugs Bunny meets the aliens and says "you know, maybe there is no intelligent life out in the universe after all."

[quote name='Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam' date='18 June 2010 - 05:04 AM' timestamp='1276848248' post='2130809']
Someone once asked me if I believed in aliens. I asked them to define aliens. They said "you know, like something that's not from earth but comes here and makes contact with humanity." To which I replied "Yes, I believe in angels exist."

It is odd. Today, if you believe in ghosts or angels you are looked at kind of weird or as if you were crazy but if you don't believe in aliens, then you are just illogical. I'm not saying that I don't think it is possible that other planets may have some type of single or simple multi-cellular organism. I am just saying that I find such a trend in society odd. All three are rational deductions of beings that dis-embodied, of a higher nature than us, or living on some object out in space; however, some are looked upon more favorably than odds. Just something I noticed.

Also, whenever someone mentions life on other planets, I think of the scene from Space Jam where Bugs Bunny meets the aliens and says "you know, maybe there is no intelligent life out in the universe after all."
[/quote]

maybe there is no intelligent life on earth, either... present company excluded