An Old School Catholic Message Board

SMME Fans

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

Alright this is a BETTING GAME = we will bet with Hail Mary's, Our Father's, Glory Be's, Oh My Jesus' and so on

This is for the "postulants-to-be-novices" on Aug. 5th of this week,

I bet a decade of Hail Mary's and two Our Father's that Sister Carly will either have Francis or Xavier in her name.

brendan1104

I bet myself a slice of Carvel ice cream cake that she will too. Due to my alternate personality, either way I win :P:

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1036030' date='Aug 2 2006, 12:28 AM']
Alright this is a BETTING GAME = we will bet with Hail Mary's, Our Father's, Glory Be's, Oh My Jesus' and so on

This is for the "postulants-to-be-novices" on Aug. 5th of this week,

I bet a decade of Hail Mary's and two Our Father's that Sister Carly will either have Francis or Xavier in her name.
[/quote]

HeavenlyCalling
:juggle: :juggle: :juggle: :juggle: I dont know them enough to bet, but please list their new names when they get them. When I go one the website I dont want to be like 'who ARE all these people!" :juggle:

I'll take you both up on the offer (though I must admit that long distance ice cream is very runny!). I do this not because I know Sr. Carly. Rather, I do it because I like the odds. :evil:

AlterDominicus

Today the postulants will receive the Holy Habit of Saint Dominic, and their new religious names!!!!!!!!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1038194' date='Aug 5 2006, 01:19 PM']
Today the postulants will receive the Holy Habit of Saint Dominic, and their new religious names!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Ah yes, on the feast of Our Lady of the Snows. What a blessing they are to the Church! Many, many prayers for them. I can't wait to learn all their new names. :clap:

FaustinaVianney

Sister Joseph Andrew emailed us (the pre-postulants to enter on the 28th!) all the 'new' names, but she didn't tell us who got what name. I do know that Sr Carly did not get Francis or Xavier because none of the sisters has either of those two names.

[quote name='FaustinaVianney' post='1039036' date='Aug 7 2006, 10:49 AM']
Sister Joseph Andrew emailed us (the pre-postulants to enter on the 28th!) all the 'new' names, but she didn't tell us who got what name. I do know that Sr Carly did not get Francis or Xavier because none of the sisters has either of those two names.
[/quote]
Hooray, they all ended up with names!!! :topsy: I was with Amanda--convinced that Sr. Carly would have Francis or Xavier in her name. Oh well.... so for fun, would you like to post the list you got and see if we can make guesses as to who is who? :bounce: <----- bored at work

FaustinaVianney

[quote name='shortnun' post='1039044' date='Aug 7 2006, 10:57 AM']
Hooray, they all ended up with names!!! :topsy: I was with Amanda--convinced that Sr. Carly would have Francis or Xavier in her name. Oh well.... so for fun, would you like to post the list you got and see if we can make guesses as to who is who? :bounce: <----- bored at work
[/quote]

oops Here is what Sister emailed us:

And here are their names: (I’ll let you guess who is who!! :)

Sr. Mary Gabriel Sister Victoria Marie
Sr. Karol Joseph (feastday: Our Lady of Czestochowa!!!!!)
Sr. Mary Regina Sr. Albert Marie Sr. Maria Kolbe Sr. Catherine Marie
Sr. Stephen Patrick Sr. Maria Fatima Sr. Peter Mary Sr. Maris Stella
Sr. Michael Vincent Sr. Maria Pacis Sr. Pio Maria