An Old School Catholic Message Board

Apostolic Sisters of St. John

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

I can't believe they're only 31 years old as an order - look how they're growing!

I do hope that their noviciate remains solely in France. You have enough bouncin' orders over there, don't get greedy :P

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1035319' date='Aug 1 2006, 03:38 AM']
I can't believe they're only 31 years old as an order - look how they're growing!

I do hope that their noviciate remains solely in France. You have enough bouncin' orders over there, don't get greedy :P
[/quote]

Well, I don't mind if the noviitiate is in France as long as we get to return to the US for the apostolates.... Or maybe they can do what the brothers did. Keep the main novitiate over there and build another one in the US.....by Princeville :D: :D: :D:

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1035059' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:12 PM']

and anyone know exactly what their apostolate is? I can never quite figure it out/ get a clear description.

[/quote]

:bump:

Edited by Domine ut Videam

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1035059' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:12 PM']

and anyone know exactly what their apostolate is? I can never quite figure it out get a clear description.

[/quote]

as far as i know...the apostolic sisters have the same basic operating principle as the brothers. they do tons of different apostolates depending on the need of the diocese in which they operate. the brothers do have certain apostolates that are closest to their way of life (preaching, teaching/retreats) but they do other things if requested by the bishop who invites them so long as they can keep their contemplative way of life. it is my understanding that the apost. sisters work the same way. not entirely sure...so don't quote me on that. but i will be willing to bet that is how it works for them.

Birgitta Noel

[quote name='corban711' post='1036092' date='Aug 2 2006, 12:28 AM']
as far as i know...the apostolic sisters have the same basic operating principle as the brothers. they do tons of different apostolates depending on the need of the diocese in which they operate. the brothers do have certain apostolates that are closest to their way of life (preaching, teaching/retreats) but they do other things if requested by the bishop who invites them so long as they can keep their contemplative way of life. it is my understanding that the apost. sisters work the same way. not entirely sure...so don't quote me on that. but i will be willing to bet that is how it works for them.
[/quote]

I'll second that explanation ^_^

Domine ut Videam

haha......i learned that at Eagle Eye. The chaos and craziness is hysterical, but it seems to be a part of the vocation almost. They seem to thrive off of the spontaneity of it all. :lol:

Edited by Domine ut Videam

VeniteAdoremus

Well, that's one thing that's the same for Europe and the States, then :)

During a break at the Vigil, one of the brothers asked me whether I spoke German, because then I HAD to come to this-and-this camp. I had other plans? Oh, no problem, there's a camp in Scotland later. And would I kindly check their web-site about the youth ministry course, elderly visiting program, or...

I wonder how I could ever think the religious life is about peace and quiet! (Peace and hurry sounds more like it.)

Domine ut Videam

Oh my gosh! You should have gone to the camp in scotland! It was the Eagle Eye in Scotland and they were staying in this awesome,old monastary and KAYAKING on the OCEAN!!!!! We were soooo jealous because Illinois is soo boring compared to scotalnd. ^_^