An Old School Catholic Message Board

Apostolic Sisters of St. John

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

Here's an interview with two of the Apostolic Sisters in Belgium. They absolutely rock. Don't tell my mother I'm going back to French classes because of them :)

[url="http://catholique-lepuy.cef.fr/actualites/reportages/report-0404a.htm"]http://catholique-lepuy.cef.fr/actualites/...eport-0404a.htm[/url]

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1034823' date='Jul 31 2006, 08:10 PM']
VA is smitten! :love:

PP
[/quote]

I am :) But don't get too much into your head. I'm still going to get married and have an even number bigger than two of babies. I just have to find the guy (and probably convert him, since he'd be Dutch :) )

I wish they had an Apostolic house here, though... :ohno:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1034824' date='Jul 31 2006, 08:19 PM']
I am :) But don't get too much into your head. I'm still going to get married and have an even number bigger than two of babies. I just have to find the guy (and probably convert him, since he'd be Dutch :) )

I wish they had an Apostolic house here, though... :ohno:
[/quote]

I'm terribly sorry, but you know you need to have a prime number of children. Seven or eleven would be good.

PP

Marieteresa

i met a good amount of these wonderful sisters at WYD supposedly there are suppose to start an active community here in the states. I too thought....Maybe I should learn french so that i could join there.

In JMJ

Domine ut Videam

You don't have to actually know french i think. I think they can teach it to you if you know the basics. I know the community and they are soo awesome. I have actually met many of the brothers and an apostolic sister from france who was helping out with the Eagle Eye's in the US. I know that all of the Brother's are taught French.....sooo....who knows. Why don't you write them. I think that is what i am going to do. :D: The community is growing by leaps and bounds. Including the contemplative sisters. Check them out [url="http://www.stjean.com/EN/Jeu_accueil.php3"]HERE[/url].

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1034836' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:07 PM']
I'm terribly sorry, but you know you need to have a prime number of children. Seven or eleven would be good.

PP
[/quote]

Maybe I should have pi children... two normal ones and a big one :P

I wonder what it is with mathematicians and primes. As a physicist, I prefer squares - and especially cubes! (That would make eight, then, 27 isn't happening :P).

But to get back on topic :)

We met the brothers at a vigil for the unborn life, where they did the "spiritual coordination". Walking around the church, in the middle of the night, with only a few lamps around the altar lighted, and praying the Via Crucis by the appropriate paintings, was especially powerful. I liked being on the receiving end of their apostolate very much :) And the next time I meet Br. Clemens I'll have to ask him to teach me his song about coffee!

There are three or four Houses of brothers in our country, and a House with contemplative sisters. The novitiate is in France - there was a German brother at our vigil who's fluent in German, French, Dutch and English, and the Father who's name I forgot managed to preach to us in Dutch at one in the morning (he's French) before he went back to his monestery with the excuse that he had Mass that Sunday - twice.

So. Yes. They rock. :)

Marieteresa

When are they coming?? Or more or less why arent they here yet.....I heard last year they were suppose to come. I do hope they come soon...they are wonderful sisters

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='The Little Way' post='1034964' date='Jul 31 2006, 07:08 PM']
There will be apostolic sisters in the USA, they're just not here yet.... :ninja:
[/quote]

Yes.......do do tell...when is the time frame?....curious budding vocations are curious. I have a feeling that their vocations would flourish here in the US if they put down roots here. :blush:

Edited by Domine ut Videam

Birgitta Noel

I honestly don't know the timeframe. I do know that they've been wanting to come and people want them here, but that's all I know. :ohno:

passionheart

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1035050' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:59 PM']
Yes.......do do tell...when is the time frame?....curious budding vocations are curious. I have a feeling that their vocations would flourish here in the US if they put down roots here. :blush:
[/quote]

It will be soon because I was in touch with the sisters who are in France. I looked at them when they were featured on "Life on the Rock". Some friends said I should look at them because they were opened to older vocations. They don't have an age limit for the apostolic sisters. I was surprised to learn that they have a contemplative house here in Canada in Quebec. French will be a bit of an issue in the beginning for the new sisters in the US because I said to sister if she wanted write to me in French it wouldn't be a problem. She wrote back and said to me knowing French is a definate asset.

Domine ut Videam

I would be SOOO interested if they had an apostolic branch (I haven't told you all, but I have been seriously discerning and i have found that God might indeed be calling me more toward the apostolic life more than i ever imagined :lol:) and it would be soooo amazing. Because i am in french IV, but I can only speak un peu francais.... But the community of St.Jean is just something that i really feel God has just pushed my way all of a sudden and so i feel the need to look into it. :rolleyes:

and anyone know exactly what their apostolate is? I can never quite figure it out get a clear description.

Anyone have any clue at all how soon they would be coming......2 yrs.....4 yrs...?

Edited by Domine ut Videam

Birgitta Noel

You'd do well to contact Fr. Joseph Mary Brown at (309-385-1193) and ask him. He might have a better idea. I think some things fell through that were supposed to happen to get them here, but that was a while ago. Also I think that you can go visit them in France, or anywhere else for that matter.

Also, if you're really interested in the Community you should look into becoming an oblate. That way you'd get a real feel for the spirit of the community.

Oh, yes, and sometimes the Apostolic Sisters are in the US visiting and doing sorta mini vocation thingys....

Talk to FJM. He'll hook you up. And once they know you're interested, esp since you're so close, when they're in town someone would likely give you a holler. ^_^

my brother is in that order!!! :) he knew absolutely NO FRENCH before he entered...and now he has a french accent and messes up when speaking english! it is so funny!