An Old School Catholic Message Board

farewell to the United Nations?

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

[url="http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/1224"]http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/1224[/url]

Lounge Daddy

very very interesting...

[quote]Historian David Littman is a representative to the United Nations (Geneva) of the Association for World Education. He has spent years tracking the rise of Islamic influence at the UN. According to him, “In recent years, representatives of some Muslim states have demanded, and often received, special treatment at the United Nations.” “As a result, non-diplomatic terms such as ‘blasphemy’ and ‘defamation of Islam’ have seeped into the United Nations system, leading to a situation in which non-Muslim governments accept certain rules of conduct in conformity with Islamic law (the Shari’a) and acquiesce to a self-imposed silence regarding topics touching on Islam.”

On August 5, 1990, the 19th Islamic Conference of Foreign Ministers adopted the Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam. According to the official English version, “All the rights and freedoms stipulated in this Declaration are subject to the Islamic Shari’a.” The CDHRI has since then become “a quotable source at the United Nations.”

David Littman warns that “The new rules of conduct being imposed by the OIC [the Organization of the Islamic Conference], and acceded to by other states, give those who claim to represent Islam an exceptional status at the United Nations that has no legal basis and no precedent.” “Will a prohibition of discussion about certain political aspects of Islam become generally accepted at the United Nations and beyond, contradicting ‘the right to freedom of opinion and expression’ promised by Article XIX of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights? Unless farsighted states, both Muslim and non-Muslim, make it their business to assert and reassert the need for freedom of speech, this precious liberty is at risk of being eroded throughout the system of international organizations.”
[/quote]

Interesting that Islamic representatives are using claims of “racism” to censer critics from other nations of the politics and human rights violation of Islam around the world, and how Islamic nations have quite a bit of clout in the U.N.

This helps to understand how Israel is so readily condemned for Un peacekeeper deaths and civilian casualties
Although Islamofascist terrorists are launching rockets at civilians in Israel from UN peacekeeper outposts and civilian homes, thus using innocents as human shields… including many children
But Anon and others at the UN quickly condemn Israel. Freaking UN spineless jerks.

I see how Islamofascists would want to gain as much influence in the UN… It was essentially the UN who helped grant Israel its recognition as a nation, was it not?

i dont like the UN, i dont like the idea of the UN. I think its an Anti-Christ orginization.I'm still wondering why Pope Paul VI said it was the last great hope for human kind. hmmm

Edited by Akalyte

• 3 weeks later...
Lounge Daddy

[quote name='jswranch' post='1034434' date='Jul 30 2006, 05:08 PM']
I truly believe western europe [u]could[/u] be overun by Islam in the next 70 years or so.
[/quote]
hmmm... i think sooner

Lounge Daddy

[quote]David Littman warns that “The new rules of conduct being imposed by the OIC [the Organization of the Islamic Conference], and acceded to by other states, give those who claim to represent Islam an exceptional status at the United Nations that has no legal basis and no precedent.” “Will a prohibition of discussion about certain political aspects of Islam become generally accepted at the United Nations and beyond, contradicting ‘the right to freedom of opinion and expression’ promised by Article XIX of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights? Unless farsighted states, both Muslim and non-Muslim, make it their business to assert and reassert the need for freedom of speech, this precious liberty is at risk of being eroded throughout the system of international organizations.”[/quote]

I thought of this article as I watched the news of the UN and the situation with Israel and the Hezbos over there this past week...
A draft resolution that every one seemed to like was called unfair (and did I hear "racist" in some news coverage on the radio?)
So it was rewritten in such a way that the Hezbos are not required to immediately disarm
And Israel must wait for UN “peacekeepers” to arrive …meanwhile they may just be sitting ducks ---- and in the meantime Iran and Syria are quickly rearming Hezbollah and rebuilding their numbers.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Budge' post='1045919' date='Aug 18 2006, 08:37 AM']
hmmmm

[img]http://religion-cults.com/pope/pope-usa-un26.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Wow! Is that the ghost of Pope John Paul the Great reading a Vatican defense of Hezbollah to the UN? :lol:

Btw – I have no warm feeling toward the UN in any way, obviously. They have proven to be a bloated, impotent, bureaucratic, corrupt, nightmarish, waste of money and lives.

Lounge Daddy

[size=3]The current nightmare in the making:[/size]
[i]
[b][size=5]Israel says it would be "difficult if not inconceivable" to accept nations which do not recognise its right to exist as part of a UN force in Lebanon...[/size][/b][/i]
[size=2]Israel says it would be "difficult if not inconceivable" to accept nations which do not recognise its right to exist as part of a UN force in Lebanon.
[u]Israeli UN envoy Dan Gillerman was speaking after Indonesia and Malaysia, which do not recognise Israel, pledged troops for the UN deployment.[/u]
Malaysia said Israel should have no say in the make-up of the force.
The UN has expressed cautious optimism that it can deploy an initial 3,500-strong force within two weeks.
UN deputy chief Mark Malloch Brown warned earlier that delay could threaten the ceasefire....
France, which agreed to lead the force once its mandate had been set, said it would send only 200 extra troops immediately, far fewer than expected.
The UN had hoped for a larger European contingent and was disappointed by France's offer.
But [u]French Defence Minister Michele Alliot-Marie defended the decision. "You can't send in men telling them: Look what's going on but you don't have the right to defend yourself or to shoot," [/u]she told RTL radio.
Disappointment
As the UN's efforts to build the force continued, Mr Gillerman made clear Israel's unhappiness with some of the contributors.
"It would be very difficult if not inconceivable for Israel to accept troops from countries who do not recognise Israel, who have no diplomatic relations with Israel," he told the BBC.
He said they would be "very happy" to accept troops from Muslim countries they have friendly relations with.
"But to expect countries who don't even recognise Israel to guard Israel's safety I think would be a bit naive," he said.[/size]
[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5262490.stm"]--- BBC News[/url]

Edited by Lounge Daddy

Lounge Daddy

This is why “cease-fires” only cost lives in the end.
Wars need to be won, cease-fires prolong wars in the end, and delay the inevitable… and things are only worse when the UN is involved.

*1 – Most of the nations involved in the UN “peace-keeper” deployment are very anti-Israel, and don’t even recognize Israel as a sovereign state

*2 – Hezbollah, an extremist, lawless, gorilla terror organization that the UN demanded be disarmed in a previous resolution (what happened to that, btw?) is now treated as a legitimate sovereign entity, and is not required to disarm.

*3 – The msm seems to forget in their (I can hardly call it-) “in-depth coverage” of the Middle East that there ALREADY WAS a UN “peace-keeper” force in southern Lebanon; and these UN “peacekeeping” outposts were quickly and easily used by Hezbollah as rocket launching points into Israel – thus making their outposts military targets to Israel.

Impotent and useless – the UN costs more lives in the end… and this is esp true more and more these days as the UN has become co-opted and bribed by our enemies during these beginning stages of the WW3 against the entire west…

Farwell to the UN?
I hope so…

• 2 weeks later...
Lounge Daddy

[i][size=3][b]"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gave the West the Iranian bird..."[/b][/size][/i]

[quote]Just days before the United Nations Security Council deadline for Iran to cease and desist enriching uranium, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad gave the West the Iranian bird. By inaugurating a "heavy-water" reactor, Iran instantly doubled its chances of acquiring nuclear weapons. Adding insult to injury, the military mullahs test-fired a new long-range missile -- the Thaqeb, or Saturn, a submarine-to-surface weapon.
The new reactor runs on natural uranium mined by Iran and skips the difficult enrichment phase to produce plutonium, which gives nukes the power to obliterate entire cities. Of course, all these efforts, says Iran's president, is to treat and diagnose AIDS and cancer patients. And -- we almost forgot -- to generate more power to improve agriculture. The fact Iran has sufficient oil reserves to generate electric power for generations to come is conveniently overlooked.
Iran is now confident neither Russia nor China will go along with meaningful economic sanctions...
[url="http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20060828-101129-4021r.htm"]--- Washington Times | Aug 29, 2006[/url][/quote]

I am sure that the UN can be trusted only to sit on it's hands

Edited by Lounge Daddy

I'm not a fan of the U.N. at all, but it's interesting to witness who cries out the most for it's demise. It seems that having recognized the Zionist state, the UN has outlived it's usefulness--to them.

Look to the same people who call for the demise of the UN to promote the rise of the Sanhedrin in Jerusalem.

I can tell you all that if this does take place, there could be no worse news for true Christians.

Edited by stephen

Lounge Daddy

So, "Stephin" you Jew-bashing fool
the UN, and any international body are wrong for seeing Israel as a state?

why?